The significance of buying one item over another

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The significance of buying one item over another

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Is there any information out there as to certain benefits of items? For example, I think a piece of armor is called "Gambler's Coat or Jacket" or something along those lines. It states that you can either dodge or hit for large damage. Basically, does this mean if you get hit you take more damage than usual? The other armor for Jian in Healriz is the Gentleman's Coat and it's just a basic defense upgrade. A better choice?

I'm also noticing that I can't sell some accessories like a ring, and a Counter Prototype. Did any of you have the same problem?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Most accessories simply can't be sold--all the Counter items are like that. Makes for more than a mild irritation when you have a bunch of rings you'll never use (e.g., the older counters). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I got to where I only bought what I could afford (usually whatever generic equipment would raise my def the most) and said to hell with the courier missions. By a third of the way through, most of the best equipment was found in chests anyways, so I used my time clearing out enemies for blue chests instead of buying stuff through that horrid courrier system. But then, by the last three dungeons I gave up on the Blue Chests too and just raced through the game.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I think one of the biggest issues against this game is how much of a chore it is to get things done. Usually when I enter a new area I make sure I'm in virtue mode and I race around trying to defeat all of the monsters. It bugs me that after I clear them out, I notice there isn't a blue chest to begin with. In Roland Woods I was searching around just to find a regular treasure chest, and I found a hidden path that led to one. Of course it was a stupid Healing Gum so I was annoyed with that. I would personally like to slap every single idiot that designed this game and ask them what the hell were they thinking.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

It's also ridiculous that you can't buy MP-restoration items anywhere in the game. There are perhaps a dozen in the entire game, pretty much forcing you to conserve MP among the 2 spells you can cast in the game.

I keep finding just these little things they could've done that would've dramatically improved the game. Oh well. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

This game is very user unfriendly. Its almost as if it was designed to piss off the player instead of truly allowing an enjoyable experience. With the inability to buy magic restorative items the cards become invaluable. If anything, DS should have implemented the crests that were used in the Eternal Blue remake. The lack of magic in this game is maddening and at least crests would have allowed for added spells. The cost of spells in DS is insane too, so one or two MP sucking spells depletes all of your magic.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I was also wondering when Lucia leaves the party, because I don't want her making off with any of my important accessories.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Spoilered out.

The Sanrid Bridge. You can go through a bit of it before she disappears, but definately not too far. When you get to the town where Zethos lives, don't buy anything more for her. You'll waste your money.[/quote]
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Thanks for the heads up G1. I think I bought her a new umbrella and some armor recently, what a waste!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, it really does kind of suck. Also... another small spoiler regarding wasting items that's coming up...

Until you meet Ignatius himself, don't give any new armor or items or such to new characters. Wait until afterwards.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Thank you again. I didn't bother playing any further today as I wanted to check out New Super Mario Bros. for a little break. The only available items for purchase in Leephon seem to be rings, and they're ridiculous at that. Where the hell is the Tri Ring? Oh, and if there is any particular ring of good use after meeting Zethos and heading to Sangrid, I'd appreciate it.