Argh! They're not gonna impress anyone with those graphics.

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Spirit Icana »

Yeah, music to me is one of the most important aspects of the gaming experience. I'm really not that familiar with Iwadare's works, but I did manage to grab samples of his work with the Lunar series and I'm content with most of what I heard. As for Lunar Dragon Song, I'm expecting nice results and a fresh breath of air since I believe a new composer would be working on this project. If someone like Motoi Sakuraba ends up being the composer though, start crying. Sakuraba ain't bad, but his works are a hit or miss deal. Sometimes he rocks (Star Ocean II and Valkyrie Profile) and other times he falls flat with lack of originality (everything after Star Ocean II and Valkyrie Profile). I liked his work with Golden Sun though (the original)! Oops, I'm getting off topic (all of us are actually, but whatever).

I just hope Lunar Dragon Song gets a good soundtrack brimming with orchestral emotion throughout all the cinematic events, the battles, and exploration. August will be the time of revelation for Lunar DS I guess.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Seeing as how GameArts actually has a hand in this, we can only hope they have a good sense where the music needs to go. Ugh! I agree with you on that redundant piece of crap Dragon Cave music from EB, GhaleonOne. It was used in other dungeons too, as if the caves weren't enough. I'm still dreaming of my fully orchestrated Lunar 3, akin to the beauty of TSS. Now that was some good dragon cave music. Yeah it was redundant, but at least it was good!:)

Khan
Nanza Bandit

Post by Khan »

Motoi Sakaruba is nice but he's second compared to Yasunori Mitsudai (Xenogears, Xenosaga), if they really wanted to put motion videos on the DS they could...if the GBA can handle FMV from Kingdom hearts then I don't see why DS couldn't. I'm happy with stills though, they look beautiful and maybe we'll have some animation in the background like winds blowing the trees, blinking and little tidbits like that. If the music is anything like the commercial then I'm satisfied, and hopefuly, this game will have a moving epic story. So far the story is alright but I want some serious plot twists.