Argh! They're not gonna impress anyone with those graphics.

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Argh! They're not gonna impress anyone with those graphics.

Post by Jenner »

The Old School gamers may still see the appeal of this, but the game will get RAPED by the raters if they don't clean and sharpen up those graphics. For cryin' out loud this is UBISOFT, the people who make Splinter Cell, let's not be CRAZY.

*irritation*

This game will not sell well outside the fanbase if they don't pimp it out.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Argh! They're not gonna impress anyone with those graphi

Post by Kizyr »

Jenner wrote:This game will not sell well outside the fanbase if they don't pimp it out.

Wayyy ahead of you. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Can it Charlie Brown!!

At this point in time I think it is safe to say that Lunar: DS gets the PubTwdScd stamp of approval. I have to double check the memo's.

That is all it will need. And a Bard. But meh, what can you do?
ImageImageImage

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

So overrated. :roll:
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

MiaOne wrote:So overrated. :roll:

:: blink blink :: Who's Overrated?! You can say that about me if you like... but don't say PubTwdScd is!! SAY IT AIN'T SO COACH!!
ImageImageImage

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Y'know I'm gonna photoshop that and have G1 do bad things with it on april first right?
And it's not addressing the problem. Ubisoft should be able to do better...
In fact, I KNOW they can. And I know the DS is capable of it.
You've seen nintendogs right?
I really want Ubisoft to push the DS to it's limits. :/ it's not.

It still feels like a cheap yark on an old fan favorite for some quick cash.
Like a Disney Sequel.
They can, and need to, do better.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

But...Ubisoft isn't developing it. And with a projected US release date less than a month after the Japanese one they won't have time to do anything to the graphics.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

On top of that I've seen a lot of complaints about the graphics, but noone has seen it in motion. At least wait until that before passing judgement.
-G1

Ramza
Nanza Bandit

Post by Ramza »

Yeah, let's emphasize here that UbiSoft makes Splinter Cell, but all they do with Lunar DS is bring it to America. Wanna get mad at people for bad graphics? Get mad at GameArts, not UbiSoft. Be glad UbiSoft is bringing the game here, because otherwise, we wouldn't be getting it at all.

Ramza

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Asmodean wrote:

:: blink blink :: Who's Overrated?! You can say that about me if you like... but don't say PubTwdScd is!! SAY IT AIN'T SO COACH!!

Justin. Think about it. Why would I say that about PubTwdScd? Come on? YOU'RE LOSING FAITH MAN AND I DON'T APPRECAITE IT.

No, I was just saying good graphics is overrated. Super Mario Brothers (the first one) kick Mario Party's ass.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

As long as it looks better than that grainy piece of poo called Super Mario 64 DS, we'll be fine. If you look at a lot of the pictures, of Dragon Song, you can see depending on the image scans it either looks good, or not very good at all. Hopefully it's just bad photography we're looking at, and not the end product.

Btw, I called Working Designs and I spoke to a woman in customer sales. She said she would get back to me sometime next week, and I'm not sure why it has to be next week, but she's supposed to look into the order. She asked me if I still had the money order receipts from years ago, and I'm like "Uh, no." I've moved in that time, so I had to give her my old address so she could check the records. I just hope they have it somewhere, so I don't get screwed again. It's not like I could even use the free poster offers, because I already sent them the offer cards with the money way back when. The fact is, I already paid and I have a feeling that they'll say they have no record and want me to pay again if I want the posters. It's not right! :evil:

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

MiaOne wrote:
Asmodean wrote:

Justin. Think about it. Why would I say that about PubTwdScd? Come on? YOU'RE LOSING FAITH MAN AND I DON'T APPRECAITE IT.

No, I was just saying good graphics is overrated. Super Mario Brothers (the first one) kick Mario Party's ass.

I'm not losin' faith I swear!! It was just a bout of gas is all. Nothin' to be worried about!! I SWEAR!!

Myself, graphically I'm not worried. What I'm worried about is buyin' a DS. It's some hard core cash there!!
ImageImageImage

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on picking up a DS either, but for Lunar I had to.
I just pray the Nintendo Revolution has either a built in DS player, or another money sucking add-on so I can play DS games on a large screen.
I will most likely buy Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow because that is looking good.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Asmodean wrote:I'm not losin' faith I swear!! It was just a bout of gas is all. Nothin' to be worried about!! I SWEAR!!

Myself, graphically I'm not worried. What I'm worried about is buyin' a DS. It's some hard core cash there!!

Heehee. Gas eh? We can design a new weapon with that!!!

Yeah...I'm bad with saving money...it burns holes in my pockets. Let's hope I have enough for the DS when the time comes around...that crap is EXPEEENSIVE.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well imagine if it had been developed for the PSP, we'd all be in for a world of hurting pockets. They should have just made it for the GameCube so we could have glorious Lunar with all the trimmings.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I wish it were made for PSP... that thing has PS2 quality games running on it. Imagine what they could have done... running Cutscenes would have been nothing.

Plus, I think that developers should stick loyal to the systems that they originally developed games for. So in Lunar's case, they went with the whole CD thing instead of the cartridges, and now they're switching to DS cartridge... for shame.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Stick loyal? Er, if that's the case, they'd be releasing the games on an outdated Sega machine. That's what they were originally developed for. As for CD/cartridge, let's not forget one of the first Lunar's, Walking School, was on a cart-based system.

I'm with SP, we'd be broke having to buy a PSP and Lunar. And honestly, most PSP games have such dark color schemes. I'll take a hit on things like cutscenes and voice to keep a bright colorful look to Lunar. My guess is when they decide to do Lunar 3, it'll be on a console, and hopefully with the original Lunar engine. I'm also hoping for it to be on Revolution so they can still do it in 2D, as Nintendo seems more lax than Sony on that issue.
-G1

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Not to mention that the Revolution will hopefully be quite a bit cheaper than the projected price for the PS3. :?
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

They're many reasons why I wouldn't want Lunar on the PSP. Other than the fact that I just simply don't like how Sony is marketing the thing (Nintendo is no better here really), I think the machine is way too expensive for what it is worth. FMV's can be done on the Nintendo DS if Game Arts wanted it and it could probably be done without huge battery consumption and long loading times in between. The only problem with FMV's now, with the DS, is space consumption on the DS cards. I don't know how an RPG like Lunar tends to work out in terms of length, but FMV's would eat up room on the DS card unless compression techniques were pushed hard.

When everything is said and done, I'm actually happy Lunar: Dragon Song is on the Nintendo DS. By the way things are looking, exploration looks like an evolution of point and click adventures which proved fun on the Game Boy Advance title, Riviera: The Promised Land. In fact, this game seems to be heavily inspired from Riviera seeing as the battle system selects enemies randomly and weapons tend to break after a large number of uses. I hope the game can push the sound capablities on the Nintendo DS. Meteos had it's musical moments, but I'm still waiting for something more epic and breath taking when it comes to music.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'd say I'm most worried about the music myself, considering Iwadare isn't doing the soundtrack. Would be nice if they pulled off a good soundtrack. I wouldn't even be mad if the mixed in some old Lunar themes (the main Lunar theme, the Dragon's Lair theme, just not that dumb dungeon music, which was by far the dullest song on the EB soundtrack.
-G1