Not to sound like a pervert...

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Not to sound like a pervert...

Post by WD RPG WD »

But looking at Flora and some of the other girls... Isnt she a little well endowed for being 13?!?

http://lunar-net.com/ds/ch-flora.php

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Don't worry, I'm sure your not the only one to think that. I was thinking the same thing. Darn those hormonal steriods, darn them to heck!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You're like the fifth person I've heard say that. I just don't get Shigema's idea's of giving such young ages to characters.
-G1

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

I think it's supposed to appeal to the inner pervert in all men.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Hehe... wow, 13? They should be appealing to old Lunar fans, and in the official EBC guide, if I'm not mistaken, in one of the interviews, the creator said that future Lunar's would have to be made fairly soon to "appeal to old Lunar Fans". Why not just make the future games a little more mature for the growing fans? :roll:

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I don't buy that either.

Now, Senia, Ellie, and Lena from Magic School were about the same age (13). But, they actually looked like they were 13. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Not to sound like a pervert...

Post by Spirit Icana »

WD RPG WD wrote:Not to sound like a pervert...

Well, you sound like a pervert. Welcome to the club.

PS: Flora's got nothing on Lucia Collins.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

GhaleonOne wrote:I just don't get Shigema's idea's of giving such young ages to characters.

Actually, G1, it's not the age I mind the most, it's the fact that it's the age that these characters are at while they totally look like hawt babes from other games who are much older.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Indeed. I think the original observation is reasonable enough. But, as always, I recommend adding at least 2-3 years to everyone's ages mentally to make them more reasonable.

I wonder if the ages were decided before or after Kubooka drew them?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'm sure it's something that can be changed when it hits stateside, if they feel like it. The boobs aren't outrageously big, stop staring!

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Actually....when I was 13 I was probably that well-endowed >.> As to waist size though. Yeah...I was much heavier than Flora as well.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

MiaOne wrote:Actually....when I was 13 I was probably that well-endowed >.> As to waist size though. Yeah...I was much heavier than Flora as well.

I was the same way at 13. I was a lil' on the wee chubby side. I couldn't do the truffle shuffle, but I was up there. But now...

:: insert shameful plug/promo ::

Thanks to the bowflex I now have pecs instead of... well you know...

:: end shameful plug/promo ::
ImageImageImage

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, I should have remembered that at well. At 13 I was probably at least if not more endowed than Flora. Still, most kids as skinny as she is otherwise probably wouldn't be, as it's at least in part a body fat thing.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I wasn't fat until about 16-17. Then I weighed over 200 pounds, but worked my butt off getting my weight down. I had no idea it would go down so bloody fast... I'm 140 now :shock:

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Aye, it's pretty common for their ages to be thus and their looks... thus. >_<

Like, for example, in playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, when I first started, and put it in wide screen... I was disoriented by how skinny the characters looked. I switched it to normal and was okay, though they're still quite slight.

I would say that there're artists out there that do more accurately represent age (like Miyazaki), but ...

I've never met anyone that skinny, well-endowed, and that age before, but I've been fooled by girls looking 3 years older than they are. I guess I should start mentally adding those 3 years anyhow.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

I like these boards. Even a topic like this can prove to be rather mature; putting me aside of course. I think I'll just sit aside now before I say something I'll regret.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Flora is actually quite mature for her age, as well. This comes up in the storyline (check her character page to see how I mean).

As far as endowment... well, the way some girls are dressing these days, trying to 'emphasize' their endowment, I try to avoid any eye contact with anyone under 18, and I avoid looking in the general direction of anyone 13 and under. The way some of them dress, bah, makes me feel like I'm committing some crime just looking at them. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

You're right Kiz. I want to run up to those 13 year old girls with their hair streaked blonde a red and black eyeliner and mascara poorly done on their eyes, pink gloss covering their lips as if their mouths should be made of plastic and those form fitting clothes and short skirts and...oh god...butt cleveage. I want to shake them and say: "Stop! STOP IT! Wear something stupid with a cartoon on it that's 2 sizes too big for you! Before it's too late! Before you're 43 with a glass of straight vodka in front of you and a cigarette burning in your hand and you don't know where your kids are, nor your husband, nor where the heck your childhood went. You remember being a kid, but, no childhood!" I might get nailed for like child abuse or something i that case though >.> But I really want to do it!
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You're right Kiz. I want to run up to those 13 year old girls with their hair streaked blonde a red and black eyeliner and mascara poorly done on their eyes, pink gloss covering their lips as if their mouths should be made of plastic and those form fitting clothes and short skirts and...oh god...butt cleveage. I want to shake them and say: "Stop! STOP IT! Wear something stupid with a cartoon on it that's 2 sizes too big for you! Before it's too late! Before you're 43 with a glass of straight vodka in front of you and a cigarette burning in your hand and you don't know where your kids are, nor your husband, nor where the heck your childhood went. You remember being a kid, but, no childhood!" I might get nailed for like child abuse or something i that case though >.> But I really want to do it!

Damnit... must... resist... short joke...

Ah hell...

It'd be kinda hard for you to shake them and tell them to stop when the 13 year olds are taller than you are. :P
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

*chuckles* Hey Julie, I'll hold him down, you can beat him up!

Kiz is right though, I feel the same way about looking at them. It does really feel like a crime to even look these days.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."