microphone usage

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

microphone usage

Post by SSSFan »

how will the microphone be used? can you only blow in it or can you give orders by speaking to? like saying 'run' in battle when you wanna run.

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

I really hope the microphone feature works well, since scrolling through menus for spells could be sped up nicely that way, and it would be in keeping with the Lunar games having a quick interface. I also don't want to get out the stylus whenever there's a battle, only to put it down again or have it tucked between my fingers once the game returns to navigating towns and dungeons.

Since previous Lunar games had a singing theme, maybe Dragon Song will have you singing to Dragons or something!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Haha! Perhaps as a dragon test they'll have it test your singing ability! :P
-G1

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

If you pass, Ghaleon's ancestor will come along and kidnap you!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh god, or if some of the commands end up being voice activated, I can see the frustration now. Especially for people like me. I mean, ever deal with those voice recongition systems over the phone?

Phone: Please give your Vin number
Me: 1234567890
Phone: You said tfg48dhg4626fhs93hgf75jhd854. If this is correct, say yes. If this is incorrect, please say no.
Me: No
Phone: I'm sorry, I did not understand what you said. Please repeat.
Me: NO!
Phone: You said, die stupid evil telephone scum. If this is correct, please say yes, if this is inc...
Me: NO NO NO NO NO!
Phone: I'm sorry, but I still can't understand you. Please hold while I transfere you to someone who doesn't speak english. *Music plays*

Yeah...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Khan
Nanza Bandit

Post by Khan »

As far as I know, all you use the microphone for is to Run. I'm also sure you can use the D-pad to shuffle through spells and stuff.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You can go through it all with the stylus too. I'm really not sure on the microphone though. We'll have to wait and see on that.
-G1

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

I'm with Phyco. When the game uses many voice commands, it'd be cool. but maybe also frustrating.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Actually, the voice recognition on the DS is surprisingly good, so I don't think it'd be that frustrating. I'm really surprised by how well Nintendogs works.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Yeah, I've had Nintendogs since last Tuesday, and the microphone works much better than I thought it would... You can even blow into it to create bubbles with a certain toy. :D

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

So I suppose it is a sure thing now that the only way to run from battle is with the use of the Mic, and there is no Menu-based way of doing so? Not that it really affects me since I rarely run from battles anyway, but that just seems rather limiting to me.

What if I am playing the game while gagged and in the trunk of some car, and I just *have* to run from a battle? I don't have the luxury of blowing into the Mic anymore, I should have another way to run! Maybe if I slam my forehead against the DS the smack will be enough to satisfy the Mic and let me escape.

I'm kidding, of course, but it does seem silly if you can't run in any other way. Oh well.
- Mike

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Seriously though, blowing into the mic is easy. Plus, if they implement it interestingly, they might make it so that the failure percentage decreases if you blow harder since we already know [based on Feel the Magic] that the mic seems to be pressure sensitive.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

It isn't really the sensitivity or the difficulty that bothers me. What if I have a coughing spell and I see my little sprites run from battles without my consent? I don't want to accidentally trigger it or something. I just think it would have been wise to make some sort of Menu-based option to Run from battle and give you the option of disabling the Mic's functionality in battle if you wanted. ::shrugs::
- Mike

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Weeell . . . I'd kind of hope you wouldn't cough on the screen. If that's the case, remind me not to touch your DS.

<.<

>.>

Juuust kidding. :D

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by SSSFan »

I don't want to accidentally trigger it or something.

well that happened me a few weeks ago while I was playing yoshi touch&go. when you blow in the mic the little clouds are gone ya know. I was in the train and it was a little drafty. So a little blow of wind came in the mic. guess what happened... :D