Problem with Deliveries, please help!

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Problem with Deliveries, please help!

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hi all,

Well, I have my wonderful Lunar:DS, only problem I've been having is with deliveries.... I've had a few successful ones so I know how the process works, but I've been stumped twice now. I'm suppose to deliver a Snow Mongrel Tail to "Timathy" (who I'm assuming is Timothy) in Port Seris, but when I go and talk to him he won't accept the delivery. I don't know if it's just something with these Mongrel tails, but when I tried to deliver one to Jose he wouldn't take it either, he kept repeating how wrong it was that Beastman were taking over or some such. I thought maybe I was suppose to deliver more than one, but I have four of them in my inventory. I canceled one already, but I really don't want to cancel this one because I really need money for new armor and what not. I guess I could just sell some random items but I'd really like to have some fun with the deliveries.

So, anyone else having problems as well? Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot! :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

...are you sure you have enough tails? Most jobs require having multiple items; as I recall, a lot of those jobs require 6 tails.

...wait a minute. Ice Mongrels and Snow Mongrels are completely different creatures. Getting a Snow Mongrel tail is a lot harder. Ice Mongrels, by contrast, are everywhere. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Fangarius
Burg Farmer

Post by Fangarius »

Actually, my problem is how do you accomplish the Delivery, do you have to go to the person, or to Gadd's Express? Right now, I'm trying to give Abel in Perit Village some Honey, but he works at the Weapon's Shop and wants to sell me stuff when I try to inquire about his goods.

How do I get him to acknowledge I have his package?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

He'll acknowledge it automatically (instead of selling to you) if you have the right stuff. Check your mission status on the main menu (the package icon); if you have all you need of a particular item the number will be blue instead of black. Or at least that's how it was in the import.

Fangarius
Burg Farmer

Post by Fangarius »

:oops: Yes, I felt foolish, thanks to Sigma Star Saga, I thought the number was a card ID and not a quantitiy of an object, and yes, it does turn blue when you've obtained enough for the delivery...

Thanks, tho.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Which enemy, exactly, drops Chocolate?

Yes, it's in the Thieves' woods, but there's a bunch of critters, and it's apparently a rare drop.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Kizyr wrote:...are you sure you have enough tails? Most jobs require having multiple items; as I recall, a lot of those jobs require 6 tails.

...wait a minute. Ice Mongrels and Snow Mongrels are completely different creatures. Getting a Snow Mongrel tail is a lot harder. Ice Mongrels, by contrast, are everywhere. KF

Well boy I'm dumb - ha! I didn't realize you had to have a certain number of an item in the beginning. It would say "deliver a/an..." so I assumed it meant one of something. Thanks for the help though. I just wasn't paying close enough attention ^^;

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh don't worry, it's not really your fault.

I'm convinced that Ubi again handed off the job of translating all the courier jobs (and names) to some first-year Japanese student. Considering the idiocy in name translation and the inability to tell singularity/plurality from context, it's the only explanation. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)