Question about saving....

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Question about saving....

Post by Monde Luna »

After you go into the frontier there comes a time when you can no longer save. When will you be able to save again?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It blocks you from saving at a number of locations.

I think it's cheap. Lunar has always let you save anywhere.
-G1

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Yeah it's cheap. It totally bites. I was playing for over an hour without being to save once I got into the frontier. Then my weapon broke and then I died, very frustrating. So far the game has been good but it has a few pitfalls & this is one of them.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Oh no. Are you serious? There's like an hour where you can't save in The Frontier??? I'm still on the Bridge because I am fighting so I can get better weapons, but if you can't save, what's the point??? They're all going to break anyway!!! AHHHHH.

The no saving thing happened to me in the Sky Room(?) in Althena's Cathedral and I had to defeat the Gronk thing twice because Zethos got lucky and wasted me the first time because the windows in the car were open and it tried to get me to run so he got an extra shot at me. But, it was really annoying.

Okay between the money crisis, the weapons breaking, and the no saving...it's starting to bring down my overall score for the game way way down it's just so damn annoying...
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I actually never ran into this problem.

In the Frontier, I'd always just go back to town to use the underground Althena statue and save there.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Well maybe I should do some clarifying of the subject.

The spoiler has to do with what happends after the frontier.
[spoiler] After you find out that Lucia is the Godess and fight Igniatius (spelling?) you have to go do the dragon trials. While trying to undertake the dragon trails I was unable to save. Do you have to defeat all of the trials before you get to save? [/spoiler]

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Hm, no, I certainly had no trouble there, either. Perhaps it's dependent upon where you save? I'd always go back to town, use a statue, and save there.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

There should be only a few locations where you can't save. Maybe it's just coincidental? Usually you can't save wherever there's a major boss battle about to come. But every town, and the rest of most dungeons you can save in. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

You know it's strange I went back and replayed the whole area and I was able to save. It was probably just a gliche. Thanks for all the help though.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, that's really weird. The *only* time I recall being unable to save in the import was at the very end of the last dungeon.

I'm pretty sure there are a few places in TSS you couldn't save, but that was, like, in houses or maybe some rooms in dungeons or stuff like that.

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

yeah im on the frontier and i can save thats really strange...

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I was also able to save in the Frontier. The only place I noticed a lack of saving ability was just after the battle with the beast in Althena's Cathedral and just before your audience with Zethos. When you think about it, though, that's more of a courtesy restriction. Since the door behind you locks and the door to the inner chambers are locked, you'd be stuck in a place where you absolutely couldn't level up or return to town to buy more supplies if you happened to mess up so badly that you couldn't survive the subsequent battle.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

Hes got a point there....

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

Alunissage wrote:Yeah, that's really weird. The *only* time I recall being unable to save in the import was at the very end of the last dungeon.

I'm pretty sure there are a few places in TSS you couldn't save, but that was, like, in houses or maybe some rooms in dungeons or stuff like that.

I couldent save right before the gronk battle. Like in the room he's in that locks behind you. and i'm on the bridge right now btw all.
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

I have only noticed that happen in two locations. When you are in the cathedral where you face gronk, you cannot save at before or after the battle, until after you have encountered zethos and finished that entire story sequence. Also when you enter the final approach to Ignatius's throne in the Vile Castle, you cant save. Other than that I haven't found any other locations like that. I am going to finish the game after work tonight, so if I find any other locations like that I will post them as well.

SilverOcean
Lyton Singer

Post by SilverOcean »

[spoiler]I've already got Flora back but I still can't save. Should I maybe just reload the game?[/spoiler]

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

At this point, go to a town square or fountain... If you can't save while you're at the fountain in Healritz, then it must be some sort of bug. Inability to save is usually limited by location. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

You probably had the same gliche I had. If you start from your previous save you should be okay... That's what worked for me.

Thundermac10
Meryod Yokel

same problem..only worse...

Post by Thundermac10 »

I have been playing for about 14 plus hours without saving..I've gone through 2 dragons and have gained about 10 levels...I CANT turn it off...I emailed Ubisoft and they said it was something with the gameplay and they couldn't help me and to look for a guide. Did anything figure out another way to save WITHOUT turning the DS off..mine's been on for over a month straight ( kudos to Nintendo for making such a reliable product )

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I had a similar problem and eventually I just turned it off and started from the previous save point and from then on out I was fine. You can either do that or keep your DS on until you beat the game... It's just a gliche.