Lunar: Dragon Song...Why? (Potential Spoilers)

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Siazair
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar: Dragon Song...Why? (Potential Spoilers)

Post by Siazair »

I know alot of people will perhaps flame me for this but before you do, Know I have been a long time supporter of Lunar. I own every English version of the Seris from CD to DS(now) and even my fanboyism can't help Dragon Song...The only good parts are the story, graphics and somewhat sound (something from the older lunars would have been plus infinity in my book but still, not bad to not be from a Lunar Composer) But I mean Geez. I'm 4 hours in and I'm having a hard time to advanceing. I don't particularly like the Gad's express so I'm going to ask yall, is it tedious or particulary hard to get them completed? Battle isn't so bad to gain EXP but still...And is it me, or is Magic really, REALLY hard to use?

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Lunar: Dragon Song...Why? (Potential Spoilers)

Post by DevNall »

Siazair wrote:But I mean Geez. I'm 4 hours in and I'm having a hard time to advanceing. I don't particularly like the Gad's express so I'm going to ask yall, is it tedious or particulary hard to get them completed? Battle isn't so bad to gain EXP but still...And is it me, or is Magic really, REALLY hard to use?

After leaving Caldor, I pretty much stopped doing jobs. I found it easier and more interesting to get items from the blue chests, personally.

And magic isn't common at this point in Lunar's history, so there's not a lot of it.

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Yea, I know that Althena potientially still exists as she doesn't leave for good til Dyne, but my gosh...at the begining, the healing spell took all of Lucia's MP...Ow? DS has also made me like the originals better...

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

argh, I am tried of this Lunar DS bashing. Though my copy of Lunar DS hasn't arrived yet, I have been playing Lunar Genesis and it is a good game. yes it does have some major problems but at least they tried something new, not like you would see in any final fantasy game.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Well, atleast they're making this before the Four Heroes Story; if they proceed with this style, atleast the kinks will have been worked out. Hopefully.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Regarding jobs. I wouldn't worry too much. Just do what you need to to finish the Coliseum at Healriz. Once you get past that, you can buy lots of sundries and use them to do quick jobs. Just take only jobs you know you can buy the items for and you can hoard up on 20k. And word to the wise, just spent the money on Jian and maybe Gabryel. Lucia's main armor is found in chests in the Sungrid Bridge. No sense in buying it. And for a small spoiler to save you money:

[spoiler]Don't even bother equipping her with the top stuff. She leaves the party at the end of the Sungrid Bridge. use it to sell and equip Jian and others once you're past Sungrid Bridge[/spoiler]
-G1

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

I think its interesting how I have somewhat differant opinions of what I see here, I don't want a Four Hero's Prequel, we KNOW whats going to happen...I think they should just make a true sequel, either related to the end of either 1 or 2 or just go off awhile in the future. Who says Althena can't have another reincarnation...Humans reincarnate in some aspect so...yea..

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Dragon Song is amazing after the Red Dragon battle, and I really liked it at the beginning as well. The part between meeting Zethos and first seeing Ignatius was really tedious, though. However, now that I'm visiting the dragons, it's really fun to hear the legends (the steps of Delrich) and learn about the Dragonmaster's role.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

I'm still going to be playing the game...Mah DS is on Charge now as I sorta left it on (with Lunar in it) in sleep mode for like a few days...I'm only four and a half hours in, just (SPOILER) Got to the other Port Town after getting cursed, now I'm at the Cathedral and I'm having a incredibly tough time because Jian can't kill crap and if he can't, you know the other's can't, I mean, in one fight I lost over half my HP on Jian, not to mention the others (I'm about level 13 when this happens) and I suppose its because my armor is crap...but its like, Jian can't do three attacks and the game's difficulty increases rapidly.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Siazair wrote:I don't want a Four Hero's Prequel, we KNOW whats going to happen...I think they should just make a true sequel, either related to the end of either 1 or 2 or just go off awhile in the future.

Do we really? What did the Four Heroes save the world from? This seemed to be more and more vague in the remakes, and I'm assuming they'd go off of that.

If previous commentary is to be believed, there may have been design proposals for Lunar 3... maybe they couldn't come up with anything that seemed good enough? If and when Lunar 3 arrives, it will be held to an amazingly high standard: after this long a wait, it's hard to imagine anything that would really satisfy the fans enough.

Siazair wrote:Who says Althena can't have another reincarnation...

Didn't she?

Oh, and regarding your Lunar Eclipse's comment:
Regarding Delrich Temple, I really wish that whole thing would have gone somewhere... it seemed like there was something else to it, I wonder if originally there was going to be more there...

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Its been along time since I've played anything but Lunar Silver Star (which I'm replaying now, yay for nostalgia) So you could be right that Althena didn't want any more reincarnations, though its almost hard to believe a Goddess could completely dissapear into everything. But once we find out why the Four hero's fought, and How they met, is there really much of a game?

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Sure there is, if this thread is any indication.

http://www.lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?t=698

There's dragon trials, there's visits to Vane, there's adventures in piracy...

There's hopefully a discussion of how Dyne and Ghaleon got to be friends, and how the Goddess has just about given up on immortality...

It's not like the game has to end on a depressing note, either. There could've been 10 years between the heroic victory and '15 years ago'.
「まあいいけど。」

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I'm assuming there are some surprises they could throw in.

Did you ever see Babylon 5? Pieces of the ending (or events that followed it) were shown in the first half of the series; to paraphrase the author, sometimes the story is not about the ending, but about how you get there.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I figured they would end the game with Dyne traveling to Burg to give Luna and Nall to Alex's parents. We might even find out exactly how baby dragons are made. :P
-G1

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, you see, when a boy dragon and a girl dragon love eachother very much...

...They...uh...go make puppy eyes at Althena till she Creates a new flying kitty?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

haha I'm also at the chapel man, but i think its rather easy. *possible spoilers* If you get the hornets card and use its power you could probably beat the 4 dueces, I think thats what they are called. But maybe you should train cause you said that you are level 13 and im 19 'cept Gab who is 17. And, its pretty easy. Just wanted to put that out for ya. :D

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

GhaleonOne wrote:We might even find out exactly how baby dragons are made. :P

That just sounds weird. ;)

I did just notice in both versions of EB that Ghaleon refers to Quark as Nall's father. Now, I'm not saying I think it necessarily works like it does with humans, but... I think you could assume they'd know better by this point if there wasn't some sort of relationship. Oh, and I do realize this came up before, but the Dragon Angels telling Nall he's the offspring of a dragon -- I guess that's what I get for not really having experienced TSS until very recently.

But anyway, did anyone else notice the dragons in the opening picture looked just like the ones you meet in Dragon Song? I guess that means those four were, in fact, the original ones that came with Althena?