GameFAQs is useless.

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

GameFAQs is useless.

Post by GhaleonOne »

I submitted those two FAQs. Both were rejected for lack of content. Considering there is no other FAQs, and these are helpful, that's pretty lame. Had there been other FAQs, it would have been reasonable. I mean, there certainly isn't that much content in them. But for the purpose they serve, I'm going to pretty them up and add filler text just to make some quota. Oh well. I'm not resubmitting. I'll just start building it into the HTML of LunarNET. To hell with GameFAQs.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Possibly if they were combined into one?

But yeah, I don't get the criteria for faq submission at all. There are faqs for just bosses. There are faqs that are just the solution to one puzzle. There are faqs that are just series endings, for gosh sakes -- how crucial is it to simply know how other games in the series end?? Maybe they think that if there's only one or two faqs then they should be full walkthroughs. Which is dumb, considering how linear the game is.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

You only just discovered the uselessness of GameFAQs? Well, actually, the boards are typically semi-nice pre-release since no one is in there except for the fans, but post-release it's a madhouse. On top of that, the administration absolutely sucks, and everyone is promoted based on post count rather than post content.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

You ever wonder why my walkthroughs are never submitted to GameFAQs?

I'm not completely honest in the reasons I give in the FAQs. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

Well, i picked up this site from your faqs that you had posted on the gamefaq boards and i just wanted to thank you....

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

I think the only reason I really use GameFAQ's is for the cheat codes. and thanks for posting the lists on here GhaleonOne, you actually helped me a HECK of a lot (now if i could just find the stupid cow bones ::!!!!!!)
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

For some reason, I always had a hard time getting Cow Bones. Though I identified an enemy that dropped them, they seemed very rare...
「まあいいけど。」

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

Well, I dont think i have to worry so much about jobs now that i'm past the frontier
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

Its because gamefaqs is run by idiots. Its not a professional setup for sure. There is a website out there somewhere that shows moderations from the site, most of which are uncalled for. Some of the mods just seem to do it because they get bored and want to harrass someone. Hell I've gotten moderated for answering someone's direct question to me, after someone else had already answered it, on the basis that it was repeat posting. Messed up huh? If their message boards are set up that way, imagine how poorly organized that their submission guidelines must be.