I found another name typo.

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
That Other Person
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80
Location: That one place over there. Next to that other place. You know where I mean.

I found another name typo.

Post by That Other Person »

I found a name typo with the Gad's express that I noticed isn't in your FAQ, GhaleonOne.

I was supposed to deliver a package to Paoro in Healriz. When I found the person (he is the armor shop owner), his name there was Paolo.

I just thought I should let you know, unless it was already brought to your attention.
When you hit the bottom, the only way to go is up... unless you carry a shovel.

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

Actually when i read it the first time i looked over it cause i was in healriz when i got it so...i knew who it was. Yeah but obviously someone had a hard time translating that

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There are several typos in the missions. For some reason the names for that seem to be stored entirely separately from the NPC dialogue. I've been keeping a list as I find them. Another one that comes to mind is Tartaglia instead of Tartallia (though I think it should only be one L anyway).

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

This really could've been solved by better programming (using strings for character names, e.g.), or by just having the same person translate all the proper nouns. At least the latter is an extremely simple solution...

Despite an overall decent translation job, there are some simple steps that could've been taken to get around the rest of the relatively minor mistakes. Why they didn't take them, meh, that's beyond me. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Might be interesting to compile a list of these name errors. I would work on it if I had an English version... :)
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I've been noting down both those errors and simple differences with how I'd have romanized the names. Since at least 90% of them are recognizable names, some of the changes are really strange to me...Vianca instead of Bianca, for example, or Bram instead of Balaam (given the bible theme to many names). I don't know that I'll see every name in the jobs, of course, although I'm checking fairly often.