New speedrun world record and a request

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New speedrun world record and a request

Post by RedHairGreenEyes »

Hey all, I'm NickDoane/thedoanezone and I recently took the lunar tss world record! I started my journey in November 2013 and finally attained record about 10 days ago.

Here is a link to my run for those interested:
https://youtu.be/3P9Kwg7i_dQ

You'd think that would be my main reason for posting here, but I actually wanted to ask the members for some help.

I'm looking for a way to contact Elijah 'scaryice' Miller. This seems to be the place the most people have interacted with him on.

It's a hard ask, he's been missing for a few years at least and I haven't found any email addresses or twitch/youtube pages for him. I'd love to contact the speedrun's pioneer and ask him some questions for a world record progression type youtube video.

Anyone have any insight? Any chance? Thanks.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: New speedrun world record and a request

Post by Alunissage »

I will look forward to watching this when I have time -- I verified scaryice's original run for SDA back in the day, though I haven't been involved with the speedrunning community in over a decade (and was never a runner myself). I do suggest that you try sending him a PM here if you haven't already, since that will go to whatever email address we have on file here.

Since you're here, do you mind if I ask you a question? Do you happen to have a list of the points at which Alex gets EXP from game events? I expect you'd have that info in general so you could plan out how much grinding might be necessary at given points (if there are any in particular beyond the Bronze Dogs, which I know I found to be a pain with just Flame) but I wondered if you might have it written down.

RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter

Post by RedHairGreenEyes »

I never kept track of that actually. Its just about having enough mo for dragon angels fight. That and making sure im not at 0 exp until next level before vile tribe 2 and then blk dragon fights.

Every piece of dragon armor
Weird woods axe delivery
Lightouse lighting
Dragon diamond obtained
Exit of trial cave

There may be a couple more too but i never memorized.

Ill try to pm him here. Thanks.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Congrats on the speed run!

What is the fastest time people have completed SSSC?
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions