Has anyone ever tested to see if you can actually pay the million silver to get through the nanza barrier "early"?

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Has anyone ever tested to see if you can actually pay the million silver to get through the nanza barrier "early"?

Post by RedHairGreenEyes »

Kyle asks for 1000000 silver to let you through the barrier if you visit him before you gather the full party. I'm willing to run a long save file to see if it's possible to bribe him, but I figured I'd ask here first.

Can you even get 1,000,000 silver? Or will the counter stop at 999,999?

Can anyone just check the flags or edit their silver count to save the time and see?

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Has anyone ever tested to see if you can actually pay the million silver to get through the nanza barrier "early"?

Post by Alunissage »

My recollection is that the counter doesn't go that high, but that's something I read rather than something I tried. Pretty sure I've verified that there's no text for any payment to happen. I'll try to remember to check this weekend.

RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter

Re: Has anyone ever tested to see if you can actually pay the million silver to get through the nanza barrier "early"?

Thank you! Would certainly save me a lot of time.

RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter

Also, while you're here one other thing I always wondered about was is there actually a scene for the singers song in the village of Lyton? By the time you get there she's already kidnapped, but I know I'm wondering what happens if you get there before the red dragon cave.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I haven't checked that and it would be a bit harder to check, but I'm sure there isn't. There wouldn't be a normal in-game way to get there that early, so there's unlikely to be text for something that would never be seen.