Lunar the Silver Star News Roundup - WR anniversary, WR Goal achieved, First TAS started - any input welcome!

For discussion of Lunar: The Silver Star, the original game for the Sega CD
RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar the Silver Star News Roundup - WR anniversary, WR Goal achieved, First TAS started - any input welcome!

Post by RedHairGreenEyes »

Firstly, hello board, thanks for letting me talk your ear off this past year.

I'm Nick 'thedoanezone' Doane, Lunar 1 Undisputed World Record Speedunning champ! Today is a year to the day since I initially captured the (English) Lunar the Silver Star World Record (by 9 seconds) and 8 days ago I completed my goal run netting a 2:40:53 (18+ minutes off of the former WR). Here's the link to a clean capture if interested:

I wanted to say I've also opened up a new category on the leaderboards of any% (No Save and quit) which should be a category ripe for new runners and I'm leaving my current WR where it is (2:57) to encourage new runners to try the game out!

I'll be sure to help with any tech questions if you need help getting started so just let me know.

On to the next: The first ever Lunar tss TAS is now underway! I'm thinking of streaming the entire process so if interested keep an eye out on my stream at: http://www.twitch.tv/thedoanezone
I wanted to reach out and ask the community here if they had any nifty ideas for what could be TAS-Only strats. Obviously I know the game well enough but for these sort of things it's always good to get some fresh eyes to the problem!

I don't really know too much about discord but I think I'll probably try to start one to grow the community a bit as well.

Thank you all for your time! It has been quite the journey for me and I'm honestly very happy now to just leisurely TAS the game instead of white-knuckling the WR-level speedstrats over and over!

RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter

Re: Lunar the Silver Star News Roundup - WR anniversary, WR Goal achieved, First TAS started - any input welcome!

Post by RedHairGreenEyes »

I'm going to keep running any% until I get at least a 2:3X:XX. I have 1 section of the game where I dropped stepcount and I can easily get it down to a 2:37 whenever I get a decent run. Just over 2 minutes ahead my first attempt since the goal run without even hitting that dropped stepcount so look forward to a 2:34-2:37 before I truly step away.