Activating the Lemina Bug. Anyone done it?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
LuciaOne
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Activating the Lemina Bug. Anyone done it?

Post by LuciaOne »

No, this isn't a re-posting of the Dark Schimitar post below.

I'm replaying Lunar: EB to try to get the Lemina bug to work. I reloaded my old game that started right after the Blue Dragon Cave (lucky me, starting the game back up w/defeating Borgan right away!!).
The next point for me to activate the bug is after Zophar is reborn and Lucia transports everyone back to Vane-- the scene starts with just Hiro and Ruby- so that I can level up Lemina's magic.

Has anyone on their Sega CD successfully gotten all the hidden weapons using the bug? Was it worth it?

I'd imagine the Grim Saber makes the rest of the game a lot easier.
My game keeps freezing when I make an infinite cluster- it's soo aggravating as there's a 15 minute cutscene to watch right after Zophar is revived.
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.lunar-net.com/eb/leminabugguide.php

May be of some help, but no, I haven't tried using the code before. I might try it when I replay all the Lunar's on my big TV soon. :P
-G1

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Yeah, I've been using that guide and http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/segacd/f ... blue_a.txt

Unfortuneatly, I think I'm gonna have to start the game over because I discovered that where I am completely destroys Hiro's magic- whenever you try to use it it freezes the game (including his sword techniques).

There are some places where the Lemina bug will work AND you can fix Hiro's magic (you have to scroll to his magic after pilfering the items).
~~~

~~~
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
~~~

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Perhaps JWL will catch this if he's still lurking around here. He could probably answer any question on the topic.
-G1

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

haha, I don't really have any questions except for if anyone has actually successfully done it. The faqs are really well written and in-depth.

:D
~~~

~~~
~~~

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Yeah I've activated it. I have a lot of screenshots, too.

I recommend against pulling it before you have to watch some sequence. The best point in the game to pull it off has always been when Lemina leaves the party in Vane; but I have good results at other points.

I've gotten it working, and did get the Dark Scimitar. But the challenge is getting it working then not having it crash soon thereafter. That's where it always screws up. That and not having Hiro's magic for the rest of the game is a big downer. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Kizyr wrote:Yeah I've activated it. I have a lot of screenshots, too.

I recommend against pulling it before you have to watch some sequence. The best point in the game to pull it off has always been when Lemina leaves the party in Vane; but I have good results at other points.

I've gotten it working, and did get the Dark Scimitar. But the challenge is getting it working then not having it crash soon thereafter. That's where it always screws up. That and not having Hiro's magic for the rest of the game is a big downer. KF

Yeah no kidding, watching a long cutscene right before is a huge pain. The reason why I chose this point is b/c it's the soonest one since my load :P

Did you try to "fix" Hiro's magic by scrolling to it before levelling Lemina's Mystic magic and then after accessing the "Phantom Inventory" levelling it again? That's supposed to fix it.. but apparently at multiple activation locations (including mine) you can't scroll back to Hiro's magic to fix it. lame.
~~~

~~~
~~~

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

LuciaOne wrote:Yeah no kidding, watching a long cutscene right before is a huge pain. The reason why I chose this point is b/c it's the soonest one since my load :P

Did you try to "fix" Hiro's magic by scrolling to it before levelling Lemina's Mystic magic and then after accessing the "Phantom Inventory" levelling it again? That's supposed to fix it.. but apparently at multiple activation locations (including mine) you can't scroll back to Hiro's magic to fix it. lame.

Yeah I tried doing that. I never got his magic to work again, though.

If you really want, you might want to try speeding through the game again to get up to a point where it's easier to activate the bug. If you're really gonna be experimenting with this--and it ends up locking up the game around 95% of the time--then it'll save you time if you start over from the beginning. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

Sorry, I didn't notice this thread until now. I've written probably about 90% of everything that's been written about the Lemina Bug, both on this site and on GameFAQs. And yes indeed, I got all of the inaccessible weapons using the Lemina Bug. It's not worth it as far as gameplay goes, because the best weapons in the game are better than the inaccessible weapons anyway.

If I recall correctly, I was only able to fix Hiro's magic a couple of times. 99% of the time, using the Lemina Bug will make Hiro's magic unusable. As I said, there's very little gameplay advantage to messing around with this thing. The original point of doing so was to see if we could get the Dark Scimitar and the other mysterious inaccessible stuff.