First impressions of Eternal Blue

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: First impressions of Eternal Blue

Post by Alunissage »

Ugh, that's quite annoying. Glad you made it through, though, and thanks for coming back and telling us!

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

Of course :)

You guys inspired me to play it through :)

My favorite part? The robot-thingie boss battle. Took me SO MANY TRIES... But still went back and did it again and again with the help of a savestate I created especially for that purpose.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Maus wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:03 am So... I actually took "advantage" of the Pandemic to finish the PS1 version of Eternal Blue, which now sits as just my second most favorite RPG (just behind DQ 9).

There was a bit of a hiccup along the way, though... turns out that the PS3 can't switch discs when promoted to do so and I had to start over on Android ^^U!

Other than that... loved it. And I'm itching for a replay!
Huh I thought PS3 is only backwards compatible with PS2, not PS1. Did you have to do something special to get it to play?

For older systems like that btw I feel like I've more often just found a way to get the old system itself -- hence why I have a Japanese PS1 and Japanese Saturn (I still have my original US PS1 and Saturn), both of which ended up being far less expensive than I expected.
~Kizyr (they|them)

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

Kizyr wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:47 pm
Maus wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:03 am So... I actually took "advantage" of the Pandemic to finish the PS1 version of Eternal Blue, which now sits as just my second most favorite RPG (just behind DQ 9).

There was a bit of a hiccup along the way, though... turns out that the PS3 can't switch discs when promoted to do so and I had to start over on Android ^^U!

Other than that... loved it. And I'm itching for a replay!
Huh I thought PS3 is only backwards compatible with PS2, not PS1. Did you have to do something special to get it to play?

For older systems like that btw I feel like I've more often just found a way to get the old system itself -- hence why I have a Japanese PS1 and Japanese Saturn (I still have my original US PS1 and Saturn), both of which ended up being far less expensive than I expected.
My PS3 can run PS1 and 2 no problem, but it is a modded console, so it probably runs an emulator.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Kizyr wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:47 pm Huh I thought PS3 is only backwards compatible with PS2, not PS1. Did you have to do something special to get it to play?

No, it's the other way around -- the PS3 plays PS1 games but not PS2. Which is good, because a cat peed on my (blue!!!) PS1 and it is no longer functional. I have several virtual memory cards of EB and SSSC saves on our PS3.

Also currently have our Saturn set up with SSS (MPEG) in it, but for that I'm using an Action Replay cart I got many years ago. Have an Asian (not Japanese) Saturn also somewhere, but it needs some power thing to plug into so I don't use it much. Was just a lucky find at a swap meet.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Huh well, I guess it's fortunate that PS3 was basically the generation I skipped on entirely (well PS2 too, technically, didn't have one until me and Jenner moved in together), since I have a dozen ways to play PS1 games already.
~Kizyr (they|them)