Endgame Enemy/Area Drops?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Blueberry Bob
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Endgame Enemy/Area Drops?

Post by Blueberry Bob »

I have yet to find a comprehensive list of random drops, whether enemy or area-specific. Here is a list of every random drop I've received in the Goddess Tower during my 25 hour long grind to Lv.99:

Accessories:

Wrath Ring
Protection Ring
Devil Pendant (fairly rare)
Crystal Pendant (extremely rare, only found one)

Items:

Star Light
Holy Water
Angel Tears
Healing Nut
Herb

I'm wondering if even higher-value items such as Barrier Rings or Silver Lights are also potential drops, just even more scarce. Has anyone found anything else in this area, or perhaps other near-endgame spots like the Grindery?
"Welcome to my house! Would you kids like some blueberry pie? Fresh baked and dee-lish!"
-Blueberry Bob

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Endgame Enemy/Area Drops?

Post by Alunissage »

I don't know if any such list has ever been posted, but I have that data. Most drops are common consumables -- Herb, Healing Nut, Star Light, Holy Water, Cleansing Water, Antidote, Angel's Tear -- but here are the drops that aren't any of those. All of these are a 1 in 64 chance except for the Hell Hound, which has a 1 in 128 chance of dropping Soap.

Ice Mongrel / Chiro, Cave of Trial: Chiro's Tail
Ice Pup / Shiro, Tamur Pass: Shiro's Tail
Cannon Foot, Forbidden Forest: Soap
Hell Hound / Vorpal Boar, Forbidden Forest: Soap
Ring Horn, Goddess Tower: Wrath Ring
Stone Creep / Graven Image, Goddess Tower: Protection Ring
Ultra Fiend / Great Demon, Goddess Tower: Crystal Pendant
Cannon Thug / Devil Bomber, Goddess Tower: Devil Pendant

Royce and Xenobia always drop Silver Lights, and are the only enemies in the game that do.
Some enemies have both a normal drop and a rare drop, including all four of the Goddess Tower monsters. Their normal drops are Angel's Tears, Holy Water, and Star Light.

Blueberry Bob
Burg Farmer

Post by Blueberry Bob »

Wow, thanks! I had a suspicion the Chiro and Shiro tails might show up somewhere, and not surprising in a way that they're dropped by those elusive little guys.

I'm actually amazed how much technical information doesn't show up in most common FAQs for the game, given how much of a classic it is.
"Welcome to my house! Would you kids like some blueberry pie? Fresh baked and dee-lish!"
-Blueberry Bob

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Most of this information isn't easy to find. Japanese strategy guides often have more detail than English guides with regards to weaknesses, drops, etc., but that still needs to be transcribed.

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be very obvious that monsters named Ice Mongrel and Ice Pup drop Chiro and Shiro Tails. Classic fan mistake; I forgot that the name changes aren't universal knowledge. BTW, the reason I gave two sets of names is that Silver Star Harmony has the same monsters, but XSeed mostly kept the names from the Japanese games. (Mostly. The Stone Creep / Graven Image is モノフライアー, roughly Mono-flyer, in the Japanese games.) Lunar Legend also has the same monsters for the most part, but I have not yet gotten around to transcribing the English names for them.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, this is interesting. Lunar Legend did call them Ice Dog and Ice Pup, even though most other monster names are closer to the Japanese, e.g., Grandoom instead of, say, Crustac (the poor localizers only had eight characters...I really feel for them). Well, since I clearly do have the information, I may as well start putting it into my spreadsheet.