I think I stumbled upon a small bug...

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

I think I stumbled upon a small bug...

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

Well... not necessarilly an important one, but it was a little weird when it happened.

I recently started the game again so that I can get all the stuff I missed last time through (kinda rushed it a bit) and I got to the point where you fight the Trouble Truffler in the Vane Cave of Trial. Right at the beginning of the battle I had Alex cast Vigor on himself and then had Luna cast Cascade Song on Alex. The Trouble Truffler then hit me with Mad Spark and, having forgot to heal Alex all the way, went to have Luna use an herb on him, but I forgot you couldn't use items in this battle. When I hit 'X' trying to select Items, the error sound came on, and so I used Luna's healing song instead. Well, when the second round began something weird happened. All the battle messages for magics and the dualshock controller stopped shaking. When I beat the Trouble Truffler, I noticed that in 'Setup' the options for 'Shock' and 'Name Spells' had been set to off even though when the battle started they were both on.

Kinda weird. I unfortunately saved right after beating the boss so I can't go back and see if it was just a one time thing. Anybody else have something like this happen in another battle maybe?

Hirohiigo Togashi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Hirohiigo Togashi »

You probably pressed one of the shoulder buttons. One (or two?) of those toggle battle messages / vibration on and off if I recall correctly.

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

that would probably make sense, since this is actually my first time playing it through with a dualshock controller (PS2). the last time I played it all the way through I was using the first PSX controller without the dualshock and the dual sticks, so I probably wouldn't have realized i did something like that if I did. Thanks

Mag
Lostest Boy

Post by Mag »

Yeah, one shoulder button turns off Rumble, and one turns off Spell Names if I recall correctly.
WD isn't really out of business, it's just sleeping. Yeah, that's it. Sleeping...