Your Lunar 1 Moments

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Your Lunar 1 Moments

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

TSS: When Ghaleon kills Quark and runs away laughing like a psycho. So memable, so much fun.
SSSC/SSH: Luna deciding to go with Alex to Meribia, and her Boat Song right after.
Blueberry Bob wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:09 am Favorite TSS moment: At Dyne's Memorial, Ghaleon explaining to Alex how profoundly the loss of Dyne affected him and how bitter he was toward Althena as a result. Ghaleon's motives in the original came off as so much more personal and emotionally-driven, I could feel the long-festering pain of his loss in nearly the same way you feel for Alex when he loses Luna (and his family) shortly thereafter.
Not my absolute favorite moment, but I agree with the point.

Blueberry Bob
Burg Farmer

Post by Blueberry Bob »

Luna's last-minute decision to go to Meribia and Alex's emotional plea as the boat left the port literally made me cry.
"Welcome to my house! Would you kids like some blueberry pie? Fresh baked and dee-lish!"
-Blueberry Bob

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Kyle's drag moment and his drunk scene still cracks me up to this day.
I loved the moment of Luna jumping on the boat.
Ghaleon and Luna meeting outback of the mansion
The 3 sister reveal FMV was awesome!
The scene of Ghaleon and Quark is awesome!
The first Dragonmaster TF was sweet!
Jessica and Kyle fighting on Nall on their way to the tower is hilarious. (And throughout the game)
I really enjoyed the stuff with Damon and his wisdom and how in SSSC his library mentions things to come.
The ending still tears me up even though I know everything is okay "Well done, Alex. Well done."

Man... I could go on lol!
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

As an aside, stuff like this is why I don't mind reviving old topics, particularly with new life (I mean this is an old series with a ton of remakes...)

I'm a sucker for emotional beats, so what gets me most is
TSS: Going up the path to Luna at the end, having to play the harp
SSS: When Luna last-minute decides to join Alex on the boat to Meribia
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

For me definitely is: Ghaleon and Luna meeting outback of the mansion. I was a kid that played Lunar 2 first and was (i still am) a fan of Ghaleon. Having seen him in normal clothes and seeing how Luna was nervous and all red when he saw the handsome dude was awesome to see.
Also that sight of Ghaleon when he stops playing his instrument.
I also liked when you meet Ghaleon in his office, that stare he gives is pure misanthropy, i love it.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Ghaleon777 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:34 pm For me definitely is: Ghaleon and Luna meeting outback of the mansion. I was a kid that played Lunar 2 first and was (i still am) a fan of Ghaleon. Having seen him in normal clothes and seeing how Luna was nervous and all red when he saw the handsome dude was awesome to see.
Also that sight of Ghaleon when he stops playing his instrument.
I also liked when you meet Ghaleon in his office, that stare he gives is pure misanthropy, i love it.
"...mmmm....It's....No bother...."
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I have to say, that conversation between Ghaleon and Luna kind of squicks me. If you know the story and characters, you know the nature of his interest, but if not...he's an older (much older!) man staring at a teenage girl and smirking, and guessing that she's a new student at the institution he teaches at and leads. I mean, with that kind of power differential, it's just so slimy. She blushes at the end of the animated scene, and I don't think it's from being flattered. It's discomfort.