Keep Fortune Cane, still get Ice Mace!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Blueberry Bob
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Keep Fortune Cane, still get Ice Mace!

Post by Blueberry Bob »

Hello Forum,

Several guides and sources state that, in order to receive the Ice Mace from the Old Hag north of Saith  while traveling with Ghaleon, it is required to talk to the Old Hag repeatedly when you first meet her earlier in the game until you give her her Fortune Cane back, and then talk to her sister on Black Rose Street until she mentions missing her.

However, I've discovered that giving up the Fortune Cane isn't actually necessary! All that you have to do is:

1) Talk to the Old Hag when first meeting her up until you get the dialogue right before turning over the Fortune Cane;
2) Talk to her sister on Black Rose Street until she mentions missing her; and
3) Visit the Old Hag  while traveling with Ghaleon, and talk to her repeatedly until she gives you the Ice Mace.

Note that this was done playing the USA PS1 version of the game.
"Welcome to my house! Would you kids like some blueberry pie? Fresh baked and dee-lish!"
-Blueberry Bob

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Keep Fortune Cane, still get Ice Mace!

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, this is the case in all versions of SSS/SSSC. It doesn't matter how much you talk to the Old Hag on Caldor after getting the Sea Chart; the key is talking to her sister twice after Ghaleon announces that he's going to Burg. Good job checking, though!

Blueberry Bob
Burg Farmer

Post by Blueberry Bob »

Ah, interesting! Thanks for clarifying further.
"Welcome to my house! Would you kids like some blueberry pie? Fresh baked and dee-lish!"
-Blueberry Bob

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Argh, rereading that I sound condescending. I'm sorry. I'm always happy to talk about flags and triggers and the game in general, so if you have any other comments or questions, post away!

Blueberry Bob
Burg Farmer

Post by Blueberry Bob »

No worries!

I suppose my only other question at this point is whether or not you'd like a slice of blueberry pie or possibly a bran muffin.
-Blueberry Bob