lords of lunar

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Hiro-67
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

lords of lunar

Post by Hiro-67 »

I found this amusing little mini game like thing in one of my old magazines. its a game on the " making of" lunar cd in the lunar silver star story comlete game. here are the exact instructions:

Lords of lunar mini gme:

insert the " making of lunar" disc. then when the video sequence of the making of game begins, press up, down, left, right, triangle, start. you will then be taken to a new title screen called lords of lunar. you and one other player can battle against six computer players. you can choose your character for the castle you defend, set up your options and more.

check it out, i thought it was pretty cool. i found this out a long time ago and just remembered it so i didnt know if anyone else has done (im sure) but if anyone was unaware, enjoy!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Eh, the magazine only encourages people to cheat by just giving away the code. You're supposed to learn it in-game, from the proper person.

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

Really? Do tell.
Vaporized before my eyes

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

Yes, please do explain. What person, and where, tells you how to play the Lords of Lunar game? I played using the making of Lunar disc and it was pretty entertaining.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, there is an NPC somewhere in SSSC that tells you how to play it. He/she just tells you to pop in the Making Of CD and gives you the code. If memory serves, I know who the NPC is, but that was many years ago and I really don't want to ruin it for anyone if I am indeed right.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Post by Guest »

I found this amusing little mini game like thing in one of my old magazines. its a game on the " making of" lunar cd in the lunar silver star story comlete game. here are the exact instructions:

Lords of lunar mini gme:

insert the " making of lunar" disc. then when the video sequence of the making of game begins, press up, down, left, right, triangle, start. you will then be taken to a new title screen called lords of lunar. you and one other player can battle against six computer players. you can choose your character for the castle you defend, set up your options and more.

check it out, i thought it was pretty cool. i found this out a long time ago and just remembered it so i didnt know if anyone else has done (im sure) but if anyone was unaware, enjoy!

Yeah I loved that mini game it's the only part of lunar that's 1-8 players
I actually found another little secret in lunar silver story complete if you go into the browser of your PS2 and insert the Lsssc disc and press triangle you get a little music song.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I wonder what Lords of Lunar would've been like from a story perspective.

Maybe that's what Lunar was like when Althena had just made the world, and then humanity vied for her favor and for power...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

That Other Person
Lostest Boy
Location: That one place over there. Next to that other place. You know where I mean.

Post by That Other Person »

Lords of Lunar is a lot of fun. I play it every chance I get with my siblings and cousins. :)
When you hit the bottom, the only way to go is up... unless you carry a shovel.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Divine Dragon wrote:I actually found another little secret in lunar silver story complete if you go into the browser of your PS2 and insert the Lsssc disc and press triangle you get a little music song.

Isn't this just the Blue Dragon Shrine music? I recall that that scene's music is playable off the CD directly. It isn't a secret, it's just something that's unnecessary to mention.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh yeah? Well, well... throw EBC into your PS and use a GS and you get something! Boya! *tries to feel important*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I always wondered why putting the making of Lunar into Xenogears gave you a music video.

Anyway, it's not some random NPC.

Also, if you haven't seen the Lords of Lunar website, go look at it. It's hilarious.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

What's the Xenogears/Lunar trick again? I'd forgotten after all this time.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

While the Making Of video is playing, switch in the Xenogears disk. I assume the system will search the disk until it finds similar video. It'll run through everything on the given Xenogears disk, and on the 2nd disk (I think) there is a portion that looks like an unused alternate credit sequence with clips from other FMV. They tell me that Stars of Tears plays, but it sure doesn't on my version. I'd compare if I had anything other than the Millenium Edition.
「まあいいけど。」

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

phyco126 wrote:Well, there is an NPC somewhere in SSSC that tells you how to play it. He/she just tells you to pop in the Making Of CD and gives you the code. If memory serves, I know who the NPC is, but that was many years ago and I really don't want to ruin it for anyone if I am indeed right.

Yeah, that's how I found out. I thought it was a nifty little extra, and the fact that you find out in the game just makes it that much better.

Post by Guest »

Isn't this just the Blue Dragon Shrine music? I recall that that scene's music is playable off the CD directly. It isn't a secret, it's just something that's unnecessary to mention.

Yeah I know. But it was a secret to me cause I found out about it a week ago. Also still trying to find the 25 and 26 bromide in Lunar EBC with no luck.
J/K

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Shiva Indis wrote:While the Making Of video is playing, switch in the Xenogears disk. I assume the system will search the disk until it finds similar video. It'll run through everything on the given Xenogears disk, and on the 2nd disk (I think) there is a portion that looks like an unused alternate credit sequence with clips from other FMV. They tell me that Stars of Tears plays, but it sure doesn't on my version. I'd compare if I had anything other than the Millenium Edition.

IIRC, if you have a Pro Action Replay, you can see it, as well.

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

I know this has probably already been mentioned, but if you do the lords of lunar thing, and then put in the LSSSC disc, you can watch all the FMV's in the game. I cant remember if its just the FMV's on that disc only though.
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere