songs of the town

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

songs of the town

Post by Temzin »

A familiar topic coming from Iwadare-obsessed me, but seeing as how all the old threads were recently erased...

I was curious if anyone had a save before the end of the game, before you're locked into the last dungeon, and if so, if you can teleport around to identify the songs that play in Saith, Meryod, Iluk, and Lann. I just can't recall which town plays "Traffic" and which town plays "Street Corner," and while I can muster the strength to replay my third time as far as Saith, I don't think Iluk and Lann are going to happen anytime soon, especially since it's Mega CD Lunar~EB I want to replay next. Thanks!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I can tell you off the top of my head that Saith plays the same music as Burg -- I remember this was rather disappointing when I first played the game.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Really! The Burg music happening again had completely slipped my mind, I could've sworn it was the more bustling of the two town musics, but maybe not, then. Sniff...anyone else have a game in progress where they can check on this, I'm still curious about what plays where.
aka Maou

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Temzin wrote:Hullo everyone, here's another SSS-related music question now that I'm arranging the PSF files to make a homemade soundtrack to hear! Everyone nailed down the locations of some obscure songs so well last time that I was hoping to ask for your help again in remembering where some belong!

"Broken Blade"--I know it plays when you die, but I could swear it played at some depressing part in the game...maybe after Ghaleon beats you the first time in the Mechanical Castle...if so, was it before you meet with Laeik/Laike? Or maybe when Xenobia casts your party into that illusion of dispair?

"Relax"--definitely isn't in the game, right? It sounds so similar to the airballoon track that I mix it up.

"Sadness"--no one remembered this playing earlier than when you're defeated in the Mechanical Castle?

"Machinery"--I'm still pretty sure it plays at the top of the Black Dragon Cave with Ghaleon (despite the misleading name), whereas Steel Movement plays in Ruid?

Edit: I also realized that my one save is in the last dungeon, so I can't leave to see where "Traffic" and "Street Corner" first appear. (I'm thinking Saith and Lann, but may have them reversed.)

Thanks for any thoughts or discoveries!

Hirohiigo Togashi wrote:Broken Blade: I don't remember when this was other than the game over. However, I'll tell you when I replay it.

Relax: I'm listening to that song now. I -know- that this song was in the game, but I can't remember exactly where. Once I play through it again I can tell you.

Sadness: First plays, I believe, after Ghaleon captured Luna and Quark in the White Dragon Cave, right before you go to talk to Laike.

Machinery: I think this was played when you first met Taben, but I'm not sure. I've always considered this to be Taben's theme. I believe it was Magic Emperor Ghaleon that played on top of the Black Dragon Fortress.

Traffic: I believe this is first played in Saith. If not, then it's definitely in Black Rose Street.

Street Corner: I -think- this was first played in... Iluk? Not exactly sure.

There's your old posts.
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Fantastic! Those old threads helped me remember the less obvious pieces, but once they were gone I realized I'd forgotten where something so simple as the town musics played. Thanks for digging the answers up!
aka Maou