Help, I can't defeat and beat Ghaleon in final battle...

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
celestiallight
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Help, I can't defeat and beat Ghaleon in final battle...

Post by celestiallight »

I can't beat Ghaleon at level 47, he's too strong...

I must have characters be level 50, 60 or 99?

With Gameshark, all characters must have 999 HP and MP and 999 stats...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, the bosses level up with you until level 50... that is, all their stats are multiples of Alex's level. So if you go higher than that he should stop changing. Still, I'm not sure that it's necessary to go higher, depending on what you have.

My approach was a little unorthodox, but it worked. I had Alex equipped with the Hell Ring (cuts MP cost in half) and two Chiro Tails on Mia, and heal rings on Jessica and presumably someone else. Mia and Nash went first, with their strongest spells, Alex cast Dragon Protect, Jessica healed if needed, and Kyle doled out items or attacked. If Ghaleon's spell hit everyone (thus using up their Dragon Protect), I had Alex re-cast it; if he only hit one I had Mia cast Ice Shell on that person and Jess heal that person up, while Alex attacked. Major healing was also done by Alex, with Dragon Healing. I probably started with Jess doing the litany that restored some HP every round.

It's been six years, so I don't remember the exact details, but that was the main idea. When Ghaleon's shield was up I had Alex hack at it.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hmm, I beat him with no problem at level 47. I had more of a problem killing the guy when I was like, level 53 or so. The way to kill him is easy (if you have the right stuff that is) Here, this *might* help. I haven't played in quite sometime, so I may be off on some things, like item names and when to use White Dragon Protect. Also, I did this when fully healed, so I don't know if you healed and saved before fighting, but it's good to use items to completely restore magic and health.

Positions. Alex, top left corner. Kyle, bottom left corner. Nash, center. Mia, top right, Jessica, bottom right. (Order doesn't matter for Mia and Jessica.)

Alex: Hell Ring, (can't remember if there are two ring slots) and either a Angel ring or Heal Ring. (three of each in the game if I remember.) For items, 2 nuts and 3 blue stars. (or 2 nuts, 2 silver stars, and 1 angel tear.)

Kyle: Heal ring and Angel Ring. Items, 3 nuts, 3 blue stars.

Nash: Items, 1 nut, 3 blue stars, 2 angel tears.

Mia: Heal Ring. Items, 2 nuts, 3 blue stars, 1 angel tear.

Jessica: Heal Ring, Angel Ring. Items, 1 nut, 5 blue stars.

1st round: Power ups (Alex's power ups, Kyles powerups, and Mia's defensive power up on Alex first.) Also, have Jessica use litany.

2nd round: Have Alex use sword dance. Have Kyle use his main sword attack spell. Have Mia cast attack powerup on Alex. Heal as needed.

3rd round and up: Have Mia finish her power up spells on Kyle, then have her use whatever spell is best. Kyle, just have the lump head use his sword spell attack. Alex, you have to time him right so you know when to use White Dragon Protect and when to use sword dance. Jessica, just heal. Nash, use him to heal, revive, restore magic, or attack. Over all item use, whoever needs to use them, use it.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

celestiallight
Lann Fisherman

Post by celestiallight »

phyco126 wrote:Hmm, I beat him with no problem at level 47. I had more of a problem killing the guy when I was like, level 53 or so. The way to kill him is easy (if you have the right stuff that is) Here, this *might* help. I haven't played in quite sometime, so I may be off on some things, like item names and when to use White Dragon Protect. Also, I did this when fully healed, so I don't know if you healed and saved before fighting, but it's good to use items to completely restore magic and health.

Positions. Alex, top left corner. Kyle, bottom left corner. Nash, center. Mia, top right, Jessica, bottom right. (Order doesn't matter for Mia and Jessica.)

Alex: Hell Ring, (can't remember if there are two ring slots) and either a Angel ring or Heal Ring. (three of each in the game if I remember.) For items, 2 nuts and 3 blue stars. (or 2 nuts, 2 silver stars, and 1 angel tear.)

Kyle: Heal ring and Angel Ring. Items, 3 nuts, 3 blue stars.

Nash: Items, 1 nut, 3 blue stars, 2 angel tears.

Mia: Heal Ring. Items, 2 nuts, 3 blue stars, 1 angel tear.

Jessica: Heal Ring, Angel Ring. Items, 1 nut, 5 blue stars.

1st round: Power ups (Alex's power ups, Kyles powerups, and Mia's defensive power up on Alex first.) Also, have Jessica use litany.

2nd round: Have Alex use sword dance. Have Kyle use his main sword attack spell. Have Mia cast attack powerup on Alex. Heal as needed.

3rd round and up: Have Mia finish her power up spells on Kyle, then have her use whatever spell is best. Kyle, just have the lump head use his sword spell attack. Alex, you have to time him right so you know when to use White Dragon Protect and when to use sword dance. Jessica, just heal. Nash, use him to heal, revive, restore magic, or attack. Over all item use, whoever needs to use them, use it.

I used Gameshark, So my characters are at level 99, Ghaleon has 25740 HP when Alex is level 99,

Level 99 everybody with 999 HP, MP and Stats

Alex: Hell Ring and Angel Ring. Items, 6 Silver Lights.

Kyle: Heal Ring and Angel Ring. Items, 6 Silver Lights.

Nash: Hell Ring and Angel Ring. Items, 6 Silver Lights.

Mia: Hell Ring And Heal Ring. Items, 6 Silver Lights.

Jessica: Heal Ring, Angel Ring. Items, 6 Silver Lights.

1st round: Have Alex Attack Ghaleon for 999 times (600-999 damage for 27-40 hits) till he's dead...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Psh. Cheater :wink:

Yes, now finish what you have set out to do and your journy to the dark side of gaming will be complete!

snaztacular
Lostest Boy

Post by snaztacular »

I think I was 70 something when I fought him...so it wasn't really a problem :D

Ianc
Burg Farmer

Post by Ianc »

[color=#6d0000][/color]Galeon was hard, but i beat him at level 51, just have alot of herbs, and save as much mp for healing as you can, make alex use sword dance not any of those dragon attacks that use alot of mp, they just waste your mp, and once you beat him make sure you use your ocerina when climbing the stairs to get luna or she will kill you. :) 8)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually, does anyone who has trouble with Ghaleon been having trouble with their running out of items? If so, the best thing to do, is before you fly to the fortress, go to Ramus's store and grab a bunch of Bluestars and Nuts. Trust me, not like you need the money to do it at that point in the game. :)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Isn't everything free at that point?

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

Yes everything is free. I beat the game at 45 it wasn't to hard if you get a good solid stragedy.