Wierd L:EBC Dream

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Wierd L:EBC Dream

Post by phyco126 »

I had a dream where someone found a early concept anime video of a scene where Hiro was the main character, but was still just a support character for the real hero of the story... White Knight Leo! So in this scene, Ghaleon fought Leo and gives him the OK to go fight Zophar. Instead of fighting in Vane, they fought at the top of Taben's Peak. Then, Ghaleon instructs Leo to take Althena's sword... so he goes up to a big stone with the sword in it, and tried to pull it out. He uses all his strength, then the Goddess Althena Appears as a ghost, whipsering for Leo to have courage and do what must be done, for she had choosen him for this quest due to his good heart. Then he pulls the sword out, que large explosions of light and the ground shaking, then an epic scene of Leo turning into the new Dragonmaster!

Boy, do I know how to dream them!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Wierd L:EBC Dream

Post by Monde Luna »

Wow... Are you replaying EBC or did that come out of nowhere?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

That came completely out of no where (though I am sick, and when I'm sick, I have some off the wall dreams).

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Maybe from Shiva Indis's translation of the Leo/Althena story?

It does have a neat alternate-universe vibe to it. I've always thought that Leo would have been a dragonmaster had he been born before Alex. He and Dyne/Laike have some similarities. And the scene you describe rather reminds me of Laike telling Alex to pull out the sword in Legend and SSS.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The scene at the end when he pulls the sword out was pretty close to that scene in SSSC, which is likely where the dream got it from anyway.

I didn't read that story, either.

Hiro's role was support, Leo was an unplayable character, but Hiro was. It was a pretty awesome anime scene. I think its the scene that it should have been in SSSC.

I know I always saw Leo as an unwilling pawn to Zophar, and when he realizes it, he had more heart than Hiro.* So I'm sure that part of the dream came from that.

*when I say more heart, I mean his actions was more pure from start to finish.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Phyco, have you played Final Fantasy XII? Your dream reminds me a bit of an amalgamation of that and Lunar 2. In FFXII the protagonist character Vaan is mostly just a bystander to the major events of the game, while the characters Ashe and Basch are actual major players in the story's arc.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Nope, never played that game. Last FF I played was FFVII, lol

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Phyco, have you played Final Fantasy XII? Your dream reminds me a bit of an amalgamation of that and Lunar 2. In FFXII the protagonist character Vaan is mostly just a bystander to the major events of the game, while the characters Ashe and Basch are actual major players in the story's arc.
You left out Balthier. That game was amazing.

If you haven't played Final Fantasy 12 then do yourself a favor and play it. That game is by far one of the best RPG's I have ever played. Right up there with Lunar. BTW I don't think as highly of other Final Fantasy games. But 12 is a real gem, they hit something special there. Although in my opinion the ending was a little bit of a cop out. It felt like about 2/3 through the story they kinda gave up and said "We gotta finish this game and not write an epic story."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Really? Because it's the first FF game I didn't finish. I really just couldn't get into the story at all. At times if felt like it might pick up, but just never did. I finally gave up on it before my Europe trip last May and haven't picked it back up yet.
-G1

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

How funny, because the first time I played it I liked it but I couldn't finish it and had to take a year long break from playing it. So I restarted it and finished it within a month. I think it is a game that needs to be played fairly consistantly and without distraction. Also I don't know how you play games but if you take time to explore the land and talk to the NPC's it really enriches the experience. I think that is part of the reason I liked it so much.

What exactly did you not like about it. I know it has a lot of flaws I might have just looked over it because the visuals and voice acting were so good in my opinion. I can't actually remember a whole lot about it but I just remember it was good.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Aaron wrote:It felt like about 2/3 through the story they kinda gave up and said "We gotta finish this game and not write an epic story."
That's the case with a depressingly high number of RPGs (most recent in my experience being Eternal Sonata). I think that's one of the reasons Lunar is so enduring; the pacing continues and the threads at the beginning get wrapped up at the end, rather than all this setup toward one kind of story that then gets kind of left behind by something totally different popping up near the end.

That said, I did enjoy (watching, rather than playing) FF12 quite a bit. I liked that the putative protagonist wasn't really the main character, even if he was the one you were playing as. Nice to see the impetuous teenage male player-character shoved off in the background for once while the more interesting characters do the real story stuff. The game also kind of laughed at that, with Balthier's insistence that he was the leading man even though he was really a supporting character.