Quick Question...Lemina's Purse?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Etherest
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Quick Question...Lemina's Purse?

Post by Etherest »

I'm replaying EBC and I just got the item Lemina's Purse again...What does it do really?...( Description: Usually empty... )
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

From what I understand if you equip it you'll get more silver from battles.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Thanks. I was thinking It'd give you less silver...( Lemina would secretly snatch some away just for herself... )
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I don't know. I think it might boost the amount of gold you get from battles, but I didn't ever test this out. I spent over half the game equipped with it, and was short of gold nearly the whole time, so either... I would've been even more short of it, or it's just a nice item to have.

One FAQ I read on GameFAQs said it boosts luck a little. Another said it gives you gold. Wolfgang's site doesn't say anything about it, so... ah well. ^^;;;
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

According to the guide it increases the amount of silver from battle by 5%. I never had enough silver to buy all the equipment in a town without a little bit more fighting, even with it, as 5% isn't a huge help. Still was worth it I think, as there isn't much else that helps Lemina during non-boss times, so I generally threw it on her. (it HAS to be equipped by her BTW)
-G1

Dragonship Destiny
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Dragonship Destiny »

The bag is pretty much useless other than that small 5%.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, 5% isn't all that great really. I never did use the purse. I mean, if you think about it, 5% is what, an extra 50 silver per 1000 silver from battle, which you don't get for a while? I always remember getting silver in EBC was far more difficult than SSSC.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh, by the end of the game, I expect you've probably gotton about 2500 or 5000 silver from that thing, if you kept it equipped. That's the difference between getting a new shiny piece of equipment and not, if you think in those terms. However, usually you can get the best equipment from treasure chests at that point.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Vile Ignatius
Burg Farmer

Post by Vile Ignatius »

That was one thing I didn't understand about Lemina. That and that stuffed animal thing that you can equip. I didn't try either one of them, but 5% does sound like it could be a slight help.:lol:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The Gorgon Doll increased Wisdom and Magic Defense by 5, but reduced Luck by 1. Its significance is that in SSSC Mia thinks the 'Gon is cute, and apparently this doll belonged to her.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

And if I remember correctly, if you put the Gorgon Doll, Rubber Boots and the Yellow(?) Pajamas on one person, you can sprint for an extended time. The downside, however, is that the person you have wearing the equipment starts every battle asleep.