What exactly is Lucia?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Zaya
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What exactly is Lucia?

Post by Zaya »

Okey I hadn't played Lunar:EBC until recently. I know Lucia mention early in the game that she wasn't human,but even later in the game never what she was. It's been bugging me for awhile now. She says her power is almost equal to Althena's(before Zophar cursed her). So my thought was she could be a dragon since if she was a goddess than Zophar wouldn't have been able to curse her so easily. That or she could be a guradian sprit created to watch over the Blue Star,or a realitve of Althena.
Forgive me if it actually has been mentioned in the game,artbook,or drama cds.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

It hasn't. We fight over it all the time.

My strongly held view is that she is, indeed, a full goddess.

As for Zophar cursing her...well, think of it in terms of AD&D Divine Ranks.

Lucia's like, Divine Rank 10. But Althena and Zophar are up at Divine Rank 15 and 14, respectively.

A higher rank deity is quite capable of doing nasty things to a lower ranked deity.

And that's how I interpret it.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

She's "very like Althena" but that's about as specific as it gets. I'm inclined to think she's a lesser version. A demigoddess?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, that'd be Divine Rank 5 instead of 10.

But I think she's worth a 10, and is just a lesser deity.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I think she's definitely a goddess. What leads me to believe that is the language of the prologue for the Eternal Blue novel.

It's on LunarNET here: http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/novels/eb1.php

Says it pretty definitively. Though, as in any pantheon, there are stronger and weaker deities. Zophar and Althena are two of the stronger ones. Lucia is a weaker one. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Zaya
Burg Farmer

Post by Zaya »

It's a bit of a bummer that they never mentioned what she is in the game. I guess they wanted us to come up with our own theories. It's interisting reading all your thoughts on what she is. Actually that's why I made this topic,to see what everyone else thinks she is.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, as luck would have it, Lucia just happens to be my absolute favorite topic, and if you let me, I might just expound on it to no end with 12 levels of speculation and theories complex enough to write entire stories off of that nobody else necessarily agrees with.

But that's beside the point!

We should all just convert to Luciaism. Althena's an old hat! Worship Lucia. Cause she's cuter! And still there! (Please don't take that seriously...) :P

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Angelalex, you're just Lucia obsessed. Mister Zach Meston Jr.! j/k :)

I know when first playing Eternal Blue, that I had wanted Lucia to be the daughter of Alex, and Luna/Althena, before Althena gave up her immortality, for a mortal life. Obviously this isn't the case, but the connection between the two is so vague, that it is very unfortunate. I know at one time a lot of people believed Lucia to be Althena's sister, but that is not the case either. Lucia is appointed by Althena to govern over the resurrection of the Blue Star, but no other history is given about her. A damn shame if you ask me.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Lucia is appointed by Althena to govern over the resurrection of the Blue Star, but no other history is given about her. A damn shame if you ask me.

Supposedly Lunar 3 would have (and hopefully eventually will have) dealt with the restoration of the Blue Star. I'm sure if/when that happens, we'll find out more about Lucia.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Lunar 3 would be dealing with the future, though.

And in that case...

CHURCH OF LUCIA! :!:

Silver, whyfor you call me obssessed? Praise Lucia. Surely, I am not obssessed! Praise Lucia. Why, no, I am a completely rational and freethinking being. Praise Lucia. It's not like I have a onetrack mind or anything... :P :lol:

Ahem. I don't have a CLUE who this Zach Meston guy is, so the joke is lost on me.

I actually liked the sister idea, but it's been disproven. My sig, however, shows Lucia raiding 'big sisters' closet for a certain outfit...heh.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Angelalex242 wrote:Lunar 3 would be dealing with the future, though.

The restoration very well may be far in the future (from the Lunar 2 perspective). We don't know how much time passed before the last scene; in theory, they could have both slept in that crystal for a thousand years.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

They could've.

For some reason, though, the more tragic future Nall has to endure watching Alex and Luna, Jessica and Kyle, Mia and Nash all die before his eyes seems a more fitting end to Hiro.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Zach Meston used to work for Working Designs, and he helped with the making of the strategy guides. He was a boob monger, and used to make comments about Luna, and Lucia. That's why I made a loose reference, between he and your Lucia obsession.

I don't know if Hiro seeing all of his friends die, is actually a fitting conclusion to his story. There is no evidence that Hiro also hibernates in a crystal. He arrives on the Blue Star to awaken Lucia, so it's possible their existence goes on living life day to day, from then on.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Silver Phoenix wrote:There is no evidence that Hiro also hibernates in a crystal. He arrives on the Blue Star to awaken Lucia, so it's possible their existence goes on living life day to day, from then on.

Just one possibility. It seems like a lot of time COULD have passed before the Blue Star starts to awaken; otherwise that was a really rapid weather change. :)

Silver Phoenix wrote:I don't know if Hiro seeing all of his friends die, is actually a fitting conclusion to his story.

I'd think the other way around (Lucia watching the others would die) seems more plausable, although as far as I know it's never been clarified if she's eternal or constantly reborn like Althena.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

That what I was trying to say, actually.

I figured Hiro would die in roughly 70 years or so...just like Jean, Leo, Lemina, and Ronfar would.

Lucia exists, immortal, and has to watch it happen.

I compare to Nall cause that's what he went through.

Ruby will have to go through the same thing Lucia does.

I didn't suggest Hiro would live forever, though I know other people who have done so. But in my view, he does not, and Lucia must live her eternal life right through that tragedy.

(Also, I'm not actually obssessed. I have a real girlfriend, thank you. She's just my favorite topic on THESE Boards.)

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

That's only one possibility of an infinite number for post-EB.

It is your argument that Lucia is a goddess, so it's possible she could choose to live and die as a human, no? Your initial response would be that then she is ignoring her purpose. But I would then submit what I mentioned in a different thread, that it's quite possible the people of Lunar are content there and see no need to go to another planet just because things were set up that way thousands of years ago.
-Rich-

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I've become enamored with the idea of Lucia not being a goddess, but a religion centered around her springing up on Lunar nonetheless, based on the exraordinary acts she performed during the events of Lunar 2. It would be a fairly interesting twist for Lunar 3.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Ah, Lucia. XD "Luscious Lucia!" Who said that, anyway?

Anyhoo, due to my hatred of her in battle, I didn't get to like the character exceedingly. I did like how I could use her as a human (goddess?)-shield, though.

My favorite girl character is Jessica, (male: Mystere) though, and Lucia's a tad bit different.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Bromide quote, when you get Lucia's bromide 4.

ljonesj
Meribian Merchant

Post by ljonesj »

Here is my theory on the subject first Lucia is actually a human that Althena bestode her powers upon in full force and Lucia was maybe a baby but knew what happened to herself but had no other human contact and was on the blue star at the time of Alex and Luna adventure and the restoration of the blue star had a rapid speed up because of the love between Lucia and Hiro. The restoration started when lucia fell in love with hiro and when she went back and he followed it happened and she woke up and it days after the adventure ended and the love between then really speed up the blue stars awaking but as i said it is my theory so i may be wrong