Will it ever arrive?

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Dingle
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Dingle »

I concur.

Yeah, it's a bummer, SilverStar. But at least we're getting a new Lunar game. :D
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

SilverStar wrote:that sucks, i really like working designs, well that makes me sad i love the way they packeged the games and put that making of cd in each game so you got to see the people who made the game....oh well...thanks.

Yeah I really should work for WD sales and advertisement department >.>

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

I plan on buying that next week.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

GhaleonOne wrote:This could work to their favor, if companies like the system, but on the flipside, it could be their undoing if companies put their games on the PSP, as ports will never be made.

It's not the best analogy, but Skies of Arcadia made the jump from DC to GC. The reason I bring that game up is because SoA made use of the VMU, a portable mini-game system with its own LCD screen as well as being a memory card. The VMU beeped to let you know that there was a cham nearby for Cupil to eat, and the VMU served as a second screen where Cupil would emote his reaction to being fed (and if the player wasn't paying attention to Cupil on the VMU, they would miss the cue to feed him a special cham for a better evolution).

Despite the fact the VMU was important to SoA, the game still jumped to the GameCube. I haven't played the port, but I imagine Cupil's animations have been moved to a corner of the screen. The VMU's beeps are now part of the game. But the portable VMU mini-game where you could earn extra items for the crew was probably scrapped.

If a publisher wanted to port a game from DS to PSP, they probably could, but they would have certain aspects of the game removed or altered to accomodate the lack of a mic/touchscreen. Note that some publishers will design a game simultaneously with DS and PSP in mind and then just add value to the DS version by making use of its unique features.

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

Quite possible.

Capcom decided to put different "extras" for Megaman X: Command Mission. If you're playing the PS2 release, you get a demo of Megaman X 8. If you get the GameCube release, you get to be able to hook up your GBA so that you can find Treasure Tokens and frolic about with your little action figures.