Lunar 3: The Silver Legacy (Again)

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Star_Lunar3
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar 3: The Silver Legacy (Again)

Post by Star_Lunar3 »

I'm here to present a potential "Lunar 3" story called, "Silver Legacy." I've spent about a year and half writing the script with the help of a few other fans. The rough-draft is available now, and if anyone is interested, I'll gladly share it.

And apparently, despite the outcry on Facebook, Game Arts hasn't budged very much as far as entertaining a sequel. That's fine.

Well, I'm not ready to give up!

At this point, I'm just going to contact some indie game-developers and see what they have to say. It's certainly worth a shot!

Now, I've posted previously and didn't exacly, get the warm reception as I had expected. I get that there are a few die-hard Lunar fans that don't want to see anything but from its original creators (opinion noted.) And trust me, I've reached out the them!

It's still a pretty good story, and I just ask to give it a chance. And If it only remains as a fan fiction, so be it.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamsLunar3
Last edited by Star_Lunar3 on Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PDM
Meryod Yokel

Re: Lunar 3: Silver Legacy (again)

Post by PDM »

Might as well try. You have absolutely nothing to lose. Kudos to you for actually trying to get this to work.
Would we love to have the original developers create a brand new game? Of course! That goes without saying.
But since they haven’t expressed any interest why not take a chance by exploring alternatives.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

You might consider using RPGMaker or similar to make a fan game to share. While no professional indie developer seeking to make money will ever, ever work on a series to which they will never get the rights from the rights holder, if you would really just like to share your story with others as a full game and not just text, this could be satisfying if you take the time to learn the system. I don’t know if the original RPGMaker games were ever translated into English, but I see there are modern versions available on Steam in English with free trials. Technologically, it has acceptable 2D graphics, multiple character portraits like the 32-bit Lunars, and would probably be easier to input text by computer keyboard than it was on consoles back in the day. If you study the strategies used by other (usually legacy platform game series) fan game projects that are attempting to gather collaborators for a free product (and it must be, or your work will be obliterated by cease and desist orders and/or lawsuits), you may be able to learn what is acceptable and what is not, whether they must be kept secret till the end or are generally tolerated based on the above, etc.
aka Maou

Star_Lunar3
Nanza Bandit

Post by Star_Lunar3 »

PDM wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:04 am Might as well try. You have absolutely nothing to lose. Kudos to you for actually trying to get this to work.
Would we love to have the original developers create a brand new game? Of course! That goes without saying.
But since they haven’t expressed any interest why not take a chance by exploring alternatives.
I appreciate the optimism.

Star_Lunar3
Nanza Bandit

Post by Star_Lunar3 »

Temzin wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:19 am You might consider using RPGMaker or similar to make a fan game to share. While no professional indie developer seeking to make money will ever, ever work on a series to which they will never get the rights from the rights holder, if you would really just like to share your story with others as a full game and not just text, this could be satisfying if you take the time to learn the system. I don’t know if the original RPGMaker games were ever translated into English, but I see there are modern versions available on Steam in English with free trials. Technologically, it has acceptable 2D graphics, multiple character portraits like the 32-bit Lunars, and would probably be easier to input text by computer keyboard than it was on consoles back in the day. If you study the strategies used by other (usually legacy platform game series) fan game projects that are attempting to gather collaborators for a free product (and it must be, or your work will be obliterated by cease and desist orders and/or lawsuits), you may be able to learn what is acceptable and what is not, whether they must be kept secret till the end or are generally tolerated based on the above, etc.
I've never used RPGMaker, but I'm certainly open to it. If anyone out there is familiar with it, I'd love to hear from you!