"The Rebirth Begins"

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah. I'm still plugging away on the new site, but admittedly, I have some other things come up that I've had to divert my attention to.

Even if I don't make the launch date, I'll still be posting something that day to let people know what's going on and where the site is. The main page is coming along pretty well, and if I can get certain components done, the majority of what's needed for the initial "going live" of the new design won't take too long. I do want to make sure things are done 100% right this time around. Meaning, I want a nice individual design for each game's page. And if I can't get the majority of the individual game pages and all of the merchandise, multimedia, interviews and the main content up by the June 26th launch date, I'll push it back. I don't want to be taking down content temporarily just to make a launch date for a new design. So this may be a project that takes most of the summer to get live, but it'll be well worth the wait.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote: It's not just about telling people what's in the games. It's making stuff available so that everyone can find out for themselves if they wish. Or, perhaps, find out new things that we haven't already discovered. KF
Thanks man! Now I totally have a new script for a comic because of this :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:Thanks man! Now I totally have a new script for a comic because of this :D
...ok, now you got me curious.... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You'll see in a day or two. :)

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Alunissage wrote:
No, it is I GUESS SO. That is my answer, because I still do not agree with it 100% because if you wanted to do research go to the walkthrough and look up whatever you need, the only way the idiom, "You're right." would be permissable is if that was the only plausable solution available. And given said case it is not, so I still stand with my answer, the correct one. I guess so.
Research is not just for plot points and dialogue (and note that exact dialogue rather than a summary of plot would be needed). The music in a particular scene. The spell graphics. The sound effects. The effect of a particular spell or item on a particular enemy or party member. The way AI behaves in a given situation. A bug with interesting ramifications. What makes you think everything that one could possibly want to research has been researched already? A walkthrough is not going to tell me everything I want to know, nor will other sites (where do you think the info in Wikipedia comes from?).

So I cannot imagine why you'd say that wanting to do research is not completely plausible, just because YOU don't want or need to know anything not covered by a walkthrough or other online resources (again, where do you think those come from?).
What I was saying is that using a game save is NOT THE ONLYn plausable explanation for research, you can still find relevent information in a walkthrough if you are searching for information that would correlate well to the information given by said walkthrough. I know that game saves are usefull in some and more ways. But that statement was to defend my original statement of ya I guess so. And Yes I know where the information comes from.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

We're 8 days away from 6-26-07. Should we begin the countdown?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Eh, check the homepage. :(

Edit - Should mention that it's really a good thing that I won't try and release the site then. I've released new designs way too early in the past, without even getting all of the content switched over in time. I want all the content switched over to the new look before launching, and on top of that, I'm really considering creating microsite's for each of the games. They'd still be within LunarNET's design, but they'd have an individuality to them instead of the cookiecutter template design I have in place for most of the games currently.

I will say the new site will be much more technologically advanced than previous versions of the site, but while still maintaining it's overall charm. (at least, I hope everyone feels that way when it launches)
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Ah, that stinks, but it's still cool. I'd rather see it launched later and be totally stable than have it go up before it's ready.

We should do something on the 26th, though, since it's such a big day for Lunar history. 15 years, people! At the very least, let's have a pizza party. :-P

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I'd rather see it launched later and be totally stable than have it go up before it's ready.
Yeah, I agree. Stupid Microsoft.

As for the microsites, will they be subdomains under http://www.lunar-net.com or will they have their own domains? I don't like them having their own domains, but subdomains would be fine I think.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Not even going to be subdomains. They'll be the same address they are currently. Keep in mind, UbiSoft still has Dragon Song domains pointed at LunarNET.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Okay, so you are talking about a different design for each game, rather than the same design for every game, right?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yup
-G1