Request: LunarNET Discord Server

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
Zethus Thorne
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Request: LunarNET Discord Server

Post by Zethus Thorne »

I thought that if LunarNET made a Discord Server, then it could bring in more people.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Request: LunarNET Discord Server

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Not officially connected, but it's been some time since this post so I made a Lunar Discord: https://discord.gg/5FMykNB

Zethus Thorne
Lann Fisherman

Post by Zethus Thorne »

Thank you. Just joined

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Yeah forums are... kind of a dying medium. Most activity has moved to Slack and Discord. I don't think we'll completely move off the forums (especially no time in the foreseeable future) though.

Main reason we don't support a Discord (or Slack for that matter) is that we barely have the time to keep the current forums active as-is =/

Things might get better with a planned site overhaul in the next year though, so it's something to still consider! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

It was reported to me in another location I posted an invite link that it had expired, so I updated it there. If anyone here has issues post here or pm me and I'll update.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote:Yeah forums are... kind of a dying medium.
Which is a real shame. I still prefer forum medium.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm not sure -- like I think preferences have shifted to be less permanent, and less structured. Meaning that a forum with defined topics and posts that you can comb back through for years has less appeal, while effectively chat rooms where you can jump in/out of conversation any time with no need to worry about structure or length of what you say have much more appeal.

So for instance back when IRC was a lot more ubiquitous (which, well, functions a lot like how Discord/Slack are usually used), forums still had a lot of activity.

I'd like to say I prefer these style of forums, but LunarNET is the only one I ever still use. In other areas (work and activism/organization) I greatly prefer using Slack and Discord.
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Kizyr wrote:I'm not sure -- like I think preferences have shifted to be less permanent, and less structured. Meaning that a forum with defined topics and posts that you can comb back through for years has less appeal, while effectively chat rooms where you can jump in/out of conversation any time with no need to worry about structure or length of what you say have much more appeal.

So for instance back when IRC was a lot more ubiquitous (which, well, functions a lot like how Discord/Slack are usually used), forums still had a lot of activity.

I'd like to say I prefer these style of forums, but LunarNET is the only one I ever still use. In other areas (work and activism/organization) I greatly prefer using Slack and Discord.
The Lunar discord I created does have defined topics, there are ones for most games, art creation, lunar mangas, etc. Just so you know.