Favorite Ghaleon

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

Maybe you're thinking of him turning into that demon thing at the end of TSS.
-G1

Lunar6000
Nanza Bandit

Post by Lunar6000 »

Ya why did they take the demon thing out? It was one of the kewlest parts... and not to mention it made the game harder... does anyone know why they would do that?, because that form was my favorite.
"Not Ghaleon Dear Quirk.. Magic Emperor Ghaleon!"

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I posted some thoughts on that question over at the LunarEB forum a while back. So let's do a quick cut'n'paste...

The changes to the Ghaleon final boss fight in Silver Star Sotry were strange and seem to be stylistically motivated. In the SegaCD version Ghaleon is a typical 2 stage final boss complete with the requisite crazy monster transformation. In the remake Ghaleon is a 1 stage final boss, and veteran RPG players are used to dealing with worse. In the remake you overcome Ghaleon the man, the ideals he has championed, and the methods he has embraced. I see that fight as representing a struggle of the old order versus the new order.

...With comparatively little concern for gameplay.

It also helps to keep in mind that in the original Japanese, Ghaleon doesn't express as high a level of megalomaniacal tendencies as he does in English. He's trying to correct what he sees as a grave error, and doesn't seem to realize what he lost in the process.
「まあいいけど。」

Lunar6000
Nanza Bandit

Post by Lunar6000 »

Interesting... all I know is Im going to miss him. Ghaleon was by far one of the kewlest characters. Zophar was a great evil god as well.
"Not Ghaleon Dear Quirk.. Magic Emperor Ghaleon!"

Chiriku
Lyton Singer

Post by Chiriku »

I like the young Ghaleon from SSSC. I don't know why, I just do. :P
Hello peeps! :)

Lord_Ghaleon
Student of Vane

Post by Lord_Ghaleon »

I would say the Ghaleon from EB/EBC would be my favorite.

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

I like the Ghaleon that Luna met by the pool, he seemed so peaceful, serene, passive, artistic. Not like when he was trying to take over the world. I kind of liked that one, you got to see another side of Ghaleon that you wouldnt normally pick up on.
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

I choose 'none of the above'. Ghaleon is a total dweeb. He is a child...and I am his father. *Runs from Ghaleon, and prays to Althena that Garbage-Can-Lid Shield from SSSC will protect*

I'd have to say EB Ghaleon.