New maps of Blue Star as Earth

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New maps of Blue Star as Earth

Post by phyco126 »

As we all know, we can all make out the continents of Earth, making the Blue Star Earth. Now, some say that people use Earth all the time in games rather than drawing a new planet. I doubt this is the case. Regardless, here are some pics that I added titles too. (What can I say? I'm bored.)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/ ... rnamed.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/ ... 4named.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/ ... 2named.jpg
Last edited by phyco126 on Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

cool.
Vaporized before my eyes

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yup, I totally agree man. I noticed it about a year ago replaying EBC based on that intro of Lunar revolving around the Blue Star. And when it zooms in, Lucia's Spire is somewhere in Africa.
-G1

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

The Silver Star Story intro has Japan front and center - that's so anime-style. :D I've done a little checking, and the primary Blue Star views used in SSS seem to be Pacific Rim Asia/Pacific Ocean, and Africa. I'd like to figure out what views are being used in Vane vs. The Grindery, but the Blue Star is quite obscured in that cut-scene.

The EB remake example seems to be more accurate to the current map than the SSS examples are. Your bluestarnamed.jpg seems to have Japan set oddly distant from the Korean penninsula (BTW, you marked the Japanese islands correctly Phyco), and bluestar1and2named.jpg seems to have Madagascar way north of it's actual position.
「まあいいけど。」

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

lol, in the third image you have it pointing and saying "Koreans".

=]

Very cool though, I didn't look enough to notice the countries before...
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, most of it was based off the world Atlas on mapquest.com. The bluestarnamed.jpg was a huge pain in the butt. I knew those where the Japanese Islands, but I couldn't figure out the relation to the rest of the area, as Indonesia looks too big, China just doesn't look like china (though I think I found the part that is shown on the Atlas,) and many other stuff. Real pain.

Also, for the naming, cool. I had trouble finding the names of the islands, so the words that appeared on the Atlas I either had to guess or choose another country that just showed the island names. Even then, I wasn't all that sure about the names.

Edit: And LuciaOne, that's because I didn't want to try to say Pen... pen... bah, what the entire Korean land is known as :).

Anordin
Pao Hunter

Post by Anordin »

That's kinda cool. Makes me wonder what happened on the Blue Star Earth. Or even if Althena is a goddess that we can find in our mythology books...?

And Phyco, I think you have too much time on your hands...j/k
Heaven does not speak. It simply showed its will by his personal conduct and his conduct of affairs.
-Mencius, Bk V, Chap V, Legge Translation

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Already looked for Althena, trust me. The closest I could ever get was the Greek Goddess of Athena. =/

And if you only knew how much free time I really have, haha.

Soir-Lilac
Burg Farmer

Post by Soir-Lilac »

The Blue Star as Earth is no great leap of thought for a planetary body having a smaller place called Lunar, although there are allusions to more current world 'history' within Lunar TSS in books in the library of Vane. In slight tangent maybe, but I think it's interesting. If we wanna impose Lunar story over Earth mythology then none of it has even really started to begin yet.

Or... has it? XP Lunar 2 gives us pre-history and Lunar DS may well give yet more, I don't yet know, rargh. ^^
-- Soir-Lilac Blackwing; white chaos rolled into a ball. With wings. And a tail. And ears. And sometimes.. none of these!
"What doesn't kill me makes me stranger." ~~ dragon proverb

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

If Lunar DS gave us any history, we'd be much happier with the game. :?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Racoati
Lyton Singer

Post by Racoati »

Ah, Angelalex, that had been what I was about to ask in Soir's intro topic - whether DS gave good history. I guess that's a no then. :cry: (I'd been meaning to catch up with you on the boards too - I've seen you around - fellow Lucia geek, yaaay!)

But on-topic, wow indeed. I personally like the idea of the Lunar world being related to this world in that direct a fashion; I dunno, it lends even more intensity to its realism. And I love that there are people in this fandom who care about and think of these things. Perhaps it is the future of our world. Let's pray that science evolves during our lifetimes to the point where it'll be possible that we live long enough to find out. :D
<a href="http://catofthe.sunlesslands.net/eternal">Eternalism</a> :: ostracised by the Lunar fandom since 2005, so you don't have to be ~ oddpairing chaos galore!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Really? I find that thinking of it as related to this world totally and fatally detracts from the realism of the story. There are just too many differences to reconcile, not least of which is religious. Much better to consider it simply a fantasy, like any other fantasy world.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Racoati wrote:Ah, Angelalex, that had been what I was about to ask in Soir's intro topic - whether DS gave good history. I guess that's a no then. :cry: (I'd been meaning to catch up with you on the boards too - I've seen you around - fellow Lucia geek, yaaay!)

But on-topic, wow indeed. I personally like the idea of the Lunar world being related to this world in that direct a fashion; I dunno, it lends even more intensity to its realism. And I love that there are people in this fandom who care about and think of these things. Perhaps it is the future of our world. Let's pray that science evolves during our lifetimes to the point where it'll be possible that we live long enough to find out. :D

Yeah, during that one cut scene in Eternal Blue there was that scene with the power of Althena's light destroying that city. Is it just me, or did that city look really futuristic? So maybe...

Also if you take a look at the increase of crime in various places in the world, that parallels the part in the history of the Blue Star where Zophar used his power to corrupt people, causing them to do bad things. All of that so he could gain more power.

If what happens to the Blue Star is the future of our world then it won't be long before that chain of events begins. Guh, I better stop thinking about this cause it's starting to freak me out a little.

Soir-Lilac
Burg Farmer

Post by Soir-Lilac »

Whatever the premise of the idea behind the Blue Star and Lunar, the parallels to our Earth and the Moon are fairly blatant at least to me, and within the bounds of departure of disbelief I always find it a cute and interesting thing to do this with worlds that don't automatically distance themselves.

Not least; even if 'heading off on a tangent and wondering if maybe it's the future' is a little unsettling, do remember that in all honesty that's liable to be the far backstory and intention of things, so by rote of good story it should also make some sense viewed from this perspective. Or, I think as such, anyway. ^^; If what was said about DS's contradictions somewhere else is quite as true as it sounds, that may shake things a bit. (But of the Sega CD versions, EB contradicts TSS anyway. Mmmmm. But stories told like this are never told precisely, so we shouldn't gauge them as such.)

Basically.. dare to dream! XD Dreaming makes the world sweeter. (If nothing more, it provides interesting conversation as well...)
-- Soir-Lilac Blackwing; white chaos rolled into a ball. With wings. And a tail. And ears. And sometimes.. none of these!
"What doesn't kill me makes me stranger." ~~ dragon proverb

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I've always had my own theories on it, which could tie the stories to life here. However, my theories are pretty long shotted, and with no direct proof. (AKA, more of a mythical/legendy stance.)

Though, if you want to directly relate it (and this just has to make some people upset :P [Though not intentional])....

Althena = God
Zophar = Satan
Lucia = Jesus

*hides under a really giant rock*

snaztacular
Lostest Boy

Post by snaztacular »

The last view of the Blue Star in TSS doesn't look very convincing...but the theory of Blue Star as Earth could have developed later in internal development.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Parallel universe works just fine for me. Lots of authors have done it, basing their stories on a neo-Earth where magic worked, or such and such techno advance happened, or whatever. Heinlein made fun of this in one of his later books, The Number of the Beast, where there's a convention of people from such alternate realities and one person is asked to list the 20th century US Presidents of his timeline to place him ("...Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy..."). One of my favorite series has Reme instead of Rome because Remus won the fight instead of Romulus. Etc. I don't think the maps prove that the creators think of the Blue Star as this particular Earth we're on, especially since when the question was directly asked in an interview a specific answer was avoided. It's just an Earth.