Althena's afterlife

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Althena's afterlife

Post by CoePSX »

Okay... as far as we know it, when SSS ends, i find out that althena was Luna and she loved Alex, and as a human, she dies...

But... as a former form from Luna she was originally Althena, who said to be in love with Dyne, and that was the reason he abandoned his powers and Althena abandoned immortal life.

So... let's just imagine all humans have an afterlife, maybe in heaven... Althena and Luna are the same person, so there was only going to be one Althena in heaven. Althena was in love with Dyne, AND Alex...

The question is: With whom Althena would spend her afterlife? Which dragonmaster would get the blue haired babe? :P :?:

This thought came to me when i saw the scene of the old Luna talking to Lucia on EBC... It's a funny question, and i think it's fun to talk about it...

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

If you wish to look at it in such a sense, both.

I believe the love for Dyne was more of one for a most trusted servant and friend. Her love for Alex was one of a childhood friend and eventual lover. There would, in other words, be no confliction in the afterlife, and she would love them both in their heightened respective manners, as they'd love her (and each other; Alex admired Dyne, just as Laike looked after Alex).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I don't really think the Dyne/Althena thing was a love of that kind. If anything, the question was raised with Lunar DS, and whether she would spend her afterlife with Alex or Jian. But one idea I've been mulling is that perhaps Althena just ceased to exist, and Lucia (the Lunar DS one) and Luna went to an afterlife. Just a thought. Not much is known about what an afterline in Lunar is like, or even if you're with others. There's only two times that I can recall, and both are from Ghaleon. He said to Lucia when she was imprisoned in Pentagulia: "He (Zophar) brought me back from the netherworld, knowing that I too had a score to settle with her... And would sell my eternal soul to take revenge on the world that ruined me." And at his death: "Are you watching in secret Dyne." which was more of an illusion to him possibly being in an afterlife. However, I also always got the picture that he gave up his afterlife or "eternal soul" as he puts it to Zophar when he came back from the dead.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

That's pretty much it... The love between Dyne and Althena wasn't a romantic kind, but more like a familial (filial?) kind. Luna could as easily spend her time with both, since her love for Alex and Dyne wouldn't conflict.
[spoiler]
Jian on the other hand... That depends on how separate is DS Lucia from Althena; if they're really two separate identities (i.e., DS Lucia is like a 'host' to Althena), then there's no issue: he and DS Lucia spend time together, while Althena is separate. If they're the same entity, it's likely that Althena will go with her last incarnation and stay with Alex--each time she's reborn, she has no memories of her previous human lives, her time with Jian included. [/spoiler]KF
Last edited by Kizyr on Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Don't you think it'd be a good idea to mark Lunar DS spoilers?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Whoops.

Ok, just did that. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

[spoiler]Well, in case 2, that sort of makes Jian SOL. Then again, his whole game is SOL, most of the time. Yeesh. Hate to be him in the afterlife. "HEYYY! You promised me heaven! This isn't heaven anymore. It's the other place."[/spoiler]

Poor guy. Promised an eternity...not what it turns out to be.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

That's why i said it was interesting to discuss... it has no answer :lol:

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Althena's afterlife

Post by Alunissage »

CoePSX wrote:But... as a former form from Luna she was originally Althena, who said to be in love with Dyne, and that was the reason he abandoned his powers and Althena abandoned immortal life.

No, she wasn't said to be in love with Dyne, and that's not why either of them gave things up. In the PS game, she gave up her immortality to break the dependency humans had on her, and Dyne gave up his powers to assist her in that transformation; in the SegaCD games she was just routinely incarnating as a human and Dyne lost his powers on a separate mission. There was no romance involved. Think about it...if they were doing what they did for love of each other, wouldn't Althena have become someone the right age to be with Dyne? At the very least he wouldn't have left her to be raised by his old friend and fall in love with that friend's son instead.

I don't buy the whole afterlife thing, and although I haven't played the end in English, I thought the thing with DS was really tacked on and not really important. But if I did, I'd go with the others here and say that she'd definitely be with Alex.

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

How do i do the spoiler message? :(

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Just hover your mouse cursor over it.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I think he's asking how to create a post with a spoiler in it. If so, it's similiar to HTML:

(spoiler)
spoiler text
(/spoiler)

Only instead of ( and ) use [ and ].
-G1

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

[NEGATIVITY] There is no afterlife! Once you die, you're gone and everything you were is destroyed and forgotten in the span of a generation!

Enjoy your day. [/NEGATIVITY]
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.