Ebay prices going down!

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ebay prices going down!

Post by PurifyWeirdSoul »

If anyone is looking for Lunar related merchandise, it can be had for a decent price via Ebay. LunarSSSC (box set) is going for roughly 40-50 for an okay copy. Shoot, SSSC complete box set with Working Designs strategy guide just went for $51! :shock:

All the Lunar went a little over $100 not too long ago. It was in nearly mint condition as far as the description went. Keep your eyes peeled for good deals.

Just landed the U.S. Lunar2 guide that's in awesome condition for $64! 8) I couldn't believe it. Now is the time to buy before the prices go back up! Before it was going for around 80-100 I believe.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Who did you buy it from?

I got my SG soon after I got EBC and it only cost me $20...When I see games go for high prices (especially if I got them for free or a decent amount), I get a headache.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, yes, because it was still available then. The cover price was $19.99, which is what all of us who got it then paid. The price shot up due to rarity once it was no longer being sold, so comparing your "soon after [you] got EBC" price to now is silly.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Actually, Alunissage, EBC and the SG were out of print when I bought both of them in late 2002. I was lucky to get EBC for $40 and the SG for $20.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sorry for the assumption, then. I believe WD stopped selling/shipping them in early to mid-2002. I do know that by Christmas shopping season of 2002 it was $80+ on eBay. I heard about a lot of parents trying to find it because their kids requested it and being aghast at the price.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Quite alright. Perhaps I should say I was fortunate, not lucky. I bought EBC in September 2002, 2 months after I was able to buy LUNAR: TSS. In October, I followed up with the SG.

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

Jasonb12 wrote:Who did you buy it from?

I got my SG soon after I got EBC and it only cost me $20...When I see games go for high prices (especially if I got them for free or a decent amount), I get a headache.

Althoffk is his ebay handle. I have yet to receive the item. It should be in my grubby hands next week. Unfortunately, he/she does not have any other Lunar items for sale.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Oh. I thought you had gotten it from gamesgenie. I want to get my SSSC box set autographed. 8)

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

Hmm, a slight price drop in Lunar merchandise you say. Normally I would be on this like a fat kid on ice cream on a summers day but it is not normal. College has me quite broke and the jobless thing doesn't help. I'll just hope it continues to go down till I can get some cash and actually be able to keep it.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

I know what you mean, dude. I'm in college myself. What college do you go to?

PurifyWeirdSoul
Lostest Boy

In other news, just landed FF6 original soundtrack, for a whopping 10 buckaroos. *flips collar* In mint condition btw. *puts on cool sunglasses* 8)

May the floodgates of jealousy open! In your face! (directed at no one in particular) :twisted:

Actually, it seems like alot of games are going down in price lately. The exceptions would be the uber pricey games like VP, Suikoden2, Radiant Silvergun, and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Actually, Panzer Saga looks to have dropped considerably. I sold mine for around 200 dollars a few years ago. It's going for around 80 now it looks like.
-G1

otakujohn
Meribian Merchant

Post by otakujohn »

Jasonb12 wrote:Oh. I thought you had gotten it from gamesgenie. I want to get my SSSC box set autographed. 8)

Out of curiosity, who is gamesgenie anyway? Is that who I think it is?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

That's Victory Ireland, Ex-President/whatever of Working Designs, who ported and translated the games from Japan to the United States.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

otakujohn
Meribian Merchant

Post by otakujohn »

phyco126 wrote:That's Victory Ireland, Ex-President/whatever of Working Designs, who ported and translated the games from Japan to the United States.
Victory? lol :P

Yeah, that was my guess, but you never know when someone will try to pass themselves off as someone else. This is the intartubenet you know.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

phyco126 wrote:That's Victory Ireland, Ex-President/whatever of Working Designs, who ported and translated the games from Japan to the United States.
That would be the most awesome name ever. Sadly it's just Victor.

But yeah, you're right otherwise. I just wanted to say I was tickled by that. ^_^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

No, Victory! As in, he had victory against Sega and stuff!

Okay okay, lame. I don't proof read my posts :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

i wonder if that was ever his nickname...lol