AHH Hahahahahaaa!!!

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

AHH Hahahahahaaa!!!

Post by Rimmie »

Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Am I missing something? I assume this is yours or are you linking to someone else selling it through a private auction? I'm kind of confused here.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Wait, you could do private auctions on ebay? Doesn't that sort of, I don't know, miss the whole point of ebay?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, the eBay "private auction" function simply hides the names of the bidders. I think the amounts are still visible, and the rest of the auction is normal. What he's doing, though, is just using eBay as a mechanism to manage a sale already agreed-upon. I had someone ask me to do this once, because we didn't know each other and so his parents were concerned about sending money to a total stranger with no consequence to me if I never sent the item. (I solved the problem by mailing the item first so he already had it in hand when he sent me the money.)

The point of the thread, though, is rather harder to determine. If it's his own auction, there's absolutely no reason to create a new thread when there's already an existing one for this purpose and to showcase an auction no one else is allowed to bid on. If it's not his, his reason for posting it is still unclear, since there's no commentary beyond some apparently scornful laughter. Perhaps at the incorrect use of "except"? :P

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I was half tempted to bid on it just to be an ass to whoever would dangle a Nall plushie in front of people for a buck and tell them not to bid.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

GhaleonOne wrote:I was half tempted to bid on it just to be an ass to whoever would dangle a Nall plushie in front of people for a buck and tell them not to bid.
I think that was the point of the laughter. It's a little hard to tell without the context.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:I was half tempted to bid on it just to be an ass to whoever would dangle a Nall plushie in front of people for a buck and tell them not to bid.
I'm as close to bidding on this as my Caps Lock and the Shift key. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

i dont get it if he was going to sell it only to a friend for a buck why even bother with ebay i would just send it to him.

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

What he's doing, though, is just using eBay as a mechanism to manage a sale already agreed-upon. I had someone ask me to do this once, because we didn't know each other and so his parents were concerned about sending money to a total stranger with no consequence to me if I never sent the item.
Pricisely. It's allowed; I've seen it done. Ebay doesn't mind at all as far as I know.
I was half tempted to bid on it just to be an ass to whoever would dangle a Nall plushie in front of people for a buck and tell them not to bid.
...This registers to me as hilarious. HAHA=JOKE. Geez.

Yeah, this is my auction. I must have a one-in-a-million since of humor or something. You guys ignore most of my posts anyway, so I thought I'd go ahead and make another to stir up the community.

And since you guys pretty much hate me now, I'll be taking my leave. Thanks for your services and company.
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Rimmie wrote:And since you guys pretty much hate me now, I'll be taking my leave. Thanks for your services and company.
You know, I don't see any indication of hate, but it was seemingly pointless to post the ebay auction. I have a sense of humor too, better than most people I've ever met. I laugh at things people usually don't even bother with. Even with that, I didn't find this funny. So... yeah, maybe an explanation as to how it was funny instead of getting all "It was funny, you hate me, I'll leave."

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Rimmie wrote:
Yep! I thought it was funny.

I thought it would be even funnier to come along and snipe it.
Rimmie wrote:Yeah, this is my auction. I must have a one-in-a-million since of humor or something. You guys ignore most of my posts anyway, so I thought I'd go ahead and make another to stir up the community.

And since you guys pretty much hate me now, I'll be taking my leave. Thanks for your services and company.
Well, if you're going to be this sensitive about your jokes, then that can't be helped. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, this is my auction. I must have a one-in-a-million since of humor or something. You guys ignore most of my posts anyway, so I thought I'd go ahead and make another to stir up the community.

Think about it for a second, dude. You posted a PRIVATE auction that goes out of it's way to say "Don't bid on this." on a PUBLIC forum, and you're mad that you got the kind of response you got? There was no point to the post other than to say "Look at what I'm selling, and don't bother bidding on it, it's a private auction, even though I'm making it public by posting it on a public forum." Seems to me you're just getting off on attention and just want to cause drama with it. You knew the kind of response you'd get, which is why you posted it. If you can't take the responses, then maybe you really should take your leave.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Just take note of his seller name on eBay and avoid buying from him if he decides to sell anything else Lunar related, or anything at all for that matter.