The Worst One?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The Worst One?

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

Which Lunar game do you think is the worst?

(if this seems too much of a poll question, I'll make a poll of then...)
Lunar is the 2nd greatest game next to FF

AlexofBurg
Lostest Boy

Post by AlexofBurg »

I think most people are gonna say Dragon Song.
...And so am I.

To be fair, though, I never played the game gear one or it's remake, though I doubt it could be worse than Dragon song.

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

yeah, but I know there are people in the world that would say "Dragons Song's The BEST!!" Which is not true

^^ I'd have to agree with you on that....

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I might as well move this to the Lunar: Dragon Song forum. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

no, this is for all of them...why would it be for Dragon song?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Probably because everyone will Vote Dragon Song. Notice he also said "Might as well" which means he knows it's gonna mainly involve Dragon Song. :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, it was meant at sarcasm.

And chalk me up for Dragon Song as well.
-G1

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Yeah, count me in for disliking Dragon Song. It's the only Lunar game I never finished. I couldn't take the battle system anymore, and the game itself just wasn't as good as the others.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

AlexofBurg wrote:I think most people are gonna say Dragon Song.
...And so am I.

To be fair, though, I never played the game gear one or it's remake, though I doubt it could be worse than Dragon song.
I wish i could play those. Magic School looks awesome with the exception of a massive number of random battles.

also, Lunar: Dragon Song is quite possibly the biggest disappointment of my life. i'd sleep with the oldest, rudest and least attractive woman on the planet if it'd reverse time and make Lunar DS stand right up there with the other godly games.

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

ha ha, I only created this thread, because I'm also looking at a Tales series forum,, and I asked everyone a question...Some gave me real weird answers, very surprising answers I mean...Just thought I'd do the same

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Dragon Song, 'nuff said. After 10 years or so of waiting for a new lunar game they produce THAT? Disappointing doesn't even begin to describe it.

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

I heard some really dumb replies before I put this thread on here, some were saying Magic School was the worst one

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Depends on viewpoint. For years many people loudly decried MS as terrible despite never playing it simply because WD chose not to localize it. Even now, people may assume that playing a game in a language they are unable to read is a worse experience than playing a game in a language they do read regardless of quality.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Depends on viewpoint. For years many people loudly decried MS as terrible despite never playing it simply because WD chose not to localize it. Even now, people may assume that playing a game in a language they are unable to read is a worse experience than playing a game in a language they do read regardless of quality.
Well I can see where they're coming from. It can get pretty frustrating not knowing what's going on. Especially when the game is supposed to be story-driven, not knowing the underlying story can take away most of the enjoyment from the game.

I remember when I used to play imports several years ago, it was like a chore to get through dialogue. Sometimes just playing an average or mediocre game could be better by comparison.

Anyway, the more I consider it, the more it seems pretty apparent that WD made the decision to switch from the Saturn to Playstation early on, and just realized that they wouldn't've had the resources to put into releasing a game like Magic School within that timeframe, considering other projects, potential cost of releasing it, etc. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

lol, I got to the 1st dungeon...never got passed it though...sold it before that

(Oh yeah, check out my "not working" thread, I need some help....in Lunar2: EBC section)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I didn't play much of L: DS, as the game was very buggy and glitched all to high hell, and I'm not about to borrow a DS and open the game to play it. Still, despite that, I swear L:L and L:L DS would have turned out MUCH better had WD done it. :( *cry*

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

phyco126 wrote:I didn't play much of L: DS, as the game was very buggy and glitched all to high hell, and I'm not about to borrow a DS and open the game to play it. Still, despite that, I swear L:L and L:L DS would have turned out MUCH better had WD done it. :( *cry*
I'm not sure WD could've done too much more with DS. Sure, they might have given it a better translation and made certain things less painful, but the battle system was flawed from the get go, and this was one of the worst aspects of DS.

However, I suppose it is possible that WD could've rewritten the combat system at least somewhat so that you can target enemies (flaw #1) and that the breakage of equipment (flaw #2) wouldn't happen. They have been known to do hacks to improve gameplay (although, admittedly, not everyone always views their hacks as improvements), but i'm not sure if this one would've been a little over their programmer's head.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I'm sure they could have easily fixed the battle system. If anyone would view that "hack" as bad, I'd smack em.

AlexofBurg
Lostest Boy

Post by AlexofBurg »

And for the love of God, why did they make the battles go in slow-motion. At least they put two speed up buttons, but, could they not have made it go a little faster to begin with instead of wasting two buttons?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Um, what "they" are you talking about? The Japanese release did NOT have the speed-up buttons. That was one of the two positive changes Ubisoft made.