The frustrating Lunar moments.

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Blue_Goddess »

Patty Mac wrote:Mine was when I first played Silver Star. I got all the way to the Red Dragon cave and then it turns out, I was horribly under what would be considered a good level. I literally spent all night around Illuk leveling up just to finally beat the Dogs at the end of the cave.
thanks for reminding me! those fire dogs summoned by Royce really made me level-up my characters!
---

http://arthemis-pink.deviantart.com

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Ugh, the first time I played through SSSC. After the Black Dragon, it got insane. I didn't know about the power-up trick with Alex, Kyle, and Mia, so the battles were a lot harder for me. I barely beat every boss afterwards. First time I fought Ghaleon, I lost, because I ran out of magic. Really sucked, needless to say.

And, of course, Zophar in both versions. If you die on one of his forms, you have to do them over. Omni-Zophar made me cry. :cry:

And let's not forget all the aggravation of Dragon Song, but we've already gone over that more than a year ago. No need to repeat myself.

Patty Mac
Meribian Merchant

Post by Patty Mac »

Blue_Goddess wrote:
Patty Mac wrote:Mine was when I first played Silver Star. I got all the way to the Red Dragon cave and then it turns out, I was horribly under what would be considered a good level. I literally spent all night around Illuk leveling up just to finally beat the Dogs at the end of the cave.
thanks for reminding me! those fire dogs summoned by Royce really made me level-up my characters!
Yeah it was horrible. I tried for about 2 weeks to beat them at the level I was at and just using different strategies. Then finally, I sucked it up and said, I just need to lvl.

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

I'd have to say the most frustrating times were both on EB for Sega CD, and fights mentioned here before: Borgan and Zophar. With Borgan, it was a long drawn out fight and I figured he was nearly dead before finally nuking me into death. Meanwhile, the first time I fought Zophar, that one pillar of light move that sends you up in the air then come crashing down for ultimate death came out of nowhere, it seemed (I didn't notice the target)

Hm, I don't remember ever having any technical issues with any of the games, though.
"The wisest mind has yet something to learn." - George Santayana

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I don't recall fighting the 4 fiends twice.

Then again, Zophar's tough enough you really don't need much of a warmup for him. If you're not ridiculously overleveled...he's the only boss who will pretty much give you a game over.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Angelalex242 wrote:I don't recall fighting the 4 fiends twice.

Then again, Zophar's tough enough you really don't need much of a warmup for him. If you're not ridiculously overleveled...he's the only boss who will pretty much give you a game over.
This was only in EB, not in EBC.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Let's see...I had the problem with my top-loading Sega CD. That was awful, until I figured that if I popped the lid release and let it up just the tiniest bit (say, 1/4 of an inch), then reclosed it, the music would load again. That little trick not only let me play TSS, but also Dark Wizard, which had the same music problem.

"The Mighty Borgan," oddly enough, never gave me any problem. WDP the Gravity Bombs, kill off the Magic Shield orb first, minimal difficulty. Of course, I did tend to overlevel before reaching him (I farmed magic experience in the Meribian sewers before setting out for the White Dragon Cave, plus on my first playthrough I had to map out the White and Blue Dragon Caves the hard way.

Lunn, on the other hand, whipped me like a redheaded stepchild the first time I fought him, until I figured out the Dopple Dance trick almost by accident. Lucky I'd done that magic-experience farming; luckier that I'd powered up Jean's Dance Magic largely out of curiosity.

EBC Zophar's final form (does EBC call it Omni-Zophar, too? Can't remember...) squished me flat. EB's managed to Hell Wave the entire party once (I'd dodged, but an Ultra Ray shoved the party back onto the target spot), but I lucked out because Ronfar had an Angel Ring on and he got lucky with a Hades Wager.