Where would you live?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:
Me, I'd live in Cadin.
I totally knew you were going to say that. You've had a fascination with the villages on the outskirts of the Frontier for ages.
Cadin in particular I've always had a fascination with. Most of that originates with the fact that I had a dream about playing Lunar where I came across a town that looked a lot like Cadin. However, I had that dream two days before I first came across that point in the game itself (this was during my first time playing TSS).

My other option would be to stick with Damon's Spire. But I was only thinking along the lines of actual villages/towns, instead of just locations. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Hirox
Student of Vane

Re: Where would you live?

Post by Hirox »

I know this is older but I think I would live in Meribia. I dunno, the harbor and what not. Also, in game Meribia has the best town theme in my opinion.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Would anyone be surprised if I said Lucia's Fortress on the Blue Star? ;)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Angelalex242 wrote:Would anyone be surprised if I said Lucia's Fortress on the Blue Star? ;)
I'd be surprised if you didn't.

Hm...I'd probably live in:

Silver Star: Saith (nice sea view, with lighthouse, bustling town without being major metropolis, sea trade with Meribia insuring access to the latest goods, products, and manga releases) or Damon's Spire (now that is what I call a LIBRARY!!!!!)

Eternal Blue: I have an odd liking for Neo-Vane's combination of Gothic architecture, onyx-and-amethyst building scheme, and nice town music that isn't on either the original EB soundtract or the EBC WD one...dern it all. But I'd wait until the Epilogue to move there, since the whole fall-out-of-the-sky thing isn't really my idea of fun.

Speaking of which, has there ever been a flying city in a fantasy RPG that didn't fall out of the sky?

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

No, there probably hasn't.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I can't think of any.

Which all have castl... err...cities in the sky? I can only think of (Sorta spoilers for these old games, I guess)

Lufia 1 and 2
Lunar 1 and 2
Chrono Trigger

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Lunar 1 even had two castles fall out of the sky!

But I can think of a flying... well, something that doesn't fall. Angel Island from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Well, okay, so it falls, but then it rises again. Then the game ends.

And Cloud City never falls. But with each step I am getting further from the image of a castle (though, really, Vane and Neo Vane are not castles either... it's more a structure that flies).

And there's always one of the original flying castles, Laputa (from Gulliver's Travels), which never fell.

But if we're sticking with strictly JRPGs... maybe not.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Be this a lesson to you. If you're going to living in a flying island, be sure to get the falling out of the sky insurance.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

There's one flying city that doesn't fall in FFXII.

Bujherba. Other then that, can't think of any.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There was a floating something or other in MKR, wasn't there? Did it stay up?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I got to thinking... If we limited this to just one game/version, my answers might be a tad different. Say:

TSS-only:
Cadin, then Vane (before the fall), then Saith (after the fall)

EB-only:
Azado

SSS-only:
Vane (before the fall), Saith (after the fall)

EBC-only:
Meribia or Vane
(Azado became way too creepy)

WS/MS-only:
Ien... kind of a limited choice, though

Genesis/DS-only:
Port Olbeage

I kind of like to be at the center of things. Though I'd imagine that I could very easily get tired of a big city. There're also outliers, like my interest in Cadin, that'd affect my decision.

Any other thoughts here? If you had to limit it to just one game at a time. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

One game at a time? Hmmm. I can do it for games I've played.

Lunar: SSSC
Iluk. With occasional weekend trips to Damon's Tower. And the very occasional pilgrimage to Althena's Temple and Vane.

Lunar: EBC
Vane, most likely. I'd probably spend as much time as possible in the library. Neo-Vane wouldn't interest me nearly as much... such a pretentious upstart.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I'd live either in Burg or Vane.

Burg: 'Cause its safe and quiet.
Vane: Because of the books I'd have access to.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

X-Calibar
Meribian Merchant

Post by X-Calibar »

SSSC world :

If I could pass the tests and live in Vane... Mmmmmmmmm Studying magic, floating in the clouds, maybe travelling around like Nash did to other places... ;p Sounds good to me!

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

X-Calibar wrote:SSSC world :

If I could pass the tests and live in Vane... Mmmmmmmmm Studying magic, floating in the clouds, maybe travelling around like Nash did to other places... ;p Sounds good to me!
You'd end up elitist, though.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Oh man I really need to play Lunar again, I fear that my extensive knowledge on the topic is waining and I can't remember clearly all the towns and places :cry: Isn't that sad?

TSS: Vane (before or after the fall, I don't care, I love that place), or in the Secret Garden on the Grindary because we all know I'm really a fairy...I also kind of like Markee (misspelling) but only because I liked the color of the town

EB: Vane

SSSC: Vane, Illusion Woods, or in the Secret Garden on the Grindary

EBC: Illusion Woods, Vane, or the Ancient Ruins

DS: I'd commit suicide

So basically I'd live in Vane

Why can't I remember where the Forbidden Forest is? I feel completely SENILE and like a failure right now.

We could also break this down by race...Where would you live if you were Human? Beast? Vile Tribesman? Fairy? Dragon? Goddess? Monster?
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The Forbidden Forest is near where the Women's Spring is, and I think it's between Meryod and Lyton. You can access it before you get the Blue Dragon, but... pain. Searing pain.
Sonic#

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Since weaponry isn't sold, i'd arm myself and go troll Lyton.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

I'd want live in Vane during both the TSS/SSSC and EB/EBC timelines. I'd get to study magic and read a ton of books. Plus, it's pretty.

Of course, if I had no magical talent whatsoever I would have to live somewhere else. If that was the case then I'd probably try Meribia.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sonic# wrote:The Forbidden Forest is near where the Women's Spring is, and I think it's between Meryod and Lyton. You can access it before you get the Blue Dragon, but... pain. Searing pain.
Possible, though. I think I went through it before going to Lyton. Nash's status spells are actually useful there; I don't think I would've made it through without them.