Still more recent Lunar sightings

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Still more recent Lunar sightings

Post by Sonic# »

Because I didn't want to resurrect the other thread.

First, the quote.

"When presently the Welkin that before
Look'd bright and cleere, me thought, was overcast,
And duskie clouds with boyst'rous winds great store,
Foretold of violent stormes which could not last.

And gazing up into the troubled skie,
Me thought a Chariot did from thence descend,
Where one did sit repleat with Majestie,
Drawne by foure fierie Dragons, which did bend

Their course where this most noble Lady sate,
Whom all these virgins with due reverence
Did entertain, according to that state
Which did belong unto her Excellence."

I mean, four dragons, a darkened "welkin" (sky), a noble Lady in the center full of majesty ...

This is excerpted is an early seventeenth century dream poem which introduces a larger poem describing the passions of Christ. This is by Aemelia Lanyer. She's talking about Bellona's arrival to the most noble Lady (Mary Sidney) here, another poet from the time... and the imagery here seemed to scream Lunar to me.

Going on, Bellona actually turns out to be like Athena... who out of the Greek pantheon most reminds me of Althena (though with important differences... I like to think of her as more a blending of Athena and Demeter, though even that isn't complete).

But anyway, just thought it was neat.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

i went to wikipedia and clicked the random article link and it took me to Noriyuki Iwadare's page. i was pleasantly surprised.

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

Today, in Kansas City, while driving, I passed Nall Ave on I-435 going into Kansas, and then again going back into Missouri, and will be passing it again heading back into Kansas and to Colorado. I think someone else here has passed it as well, but I can't remember.
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

G1 did.

I saw Lunar today. I looked up and BAM! Right there in the midnight sky, shining forth its brilliant silver light.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

Hey! I saw Lunar too! In fact if I look outside I can see Lunar in all it's bright shiny glory. btw phyco I drove through Colorado Springs today. I think I did anyway, or very close to it, from US-24 West to I-25 South. If you saw a big SWIFT truck it was probably me. And here I am now in Fountain. :P

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

phyco126 wrote:G1 did.

I saw Lunar today. I looked up and BAM! Right there in the midnight sky, shining forth its brilliant silver light.
i find it funny that there is a mysticism to the moon and then we finally realise the dream of traveling to it and it's just a big boring rock. some things are better left alone.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

We never landed on the moon! Don't be fooled by those governments man, they want to control you man, like totally man....

Nall... I used to live in Fountain for several years. And we have so many swift trucks, yeah. And how can you not tell if you drove through colorado springs? I mean, if I drove through a 300K+ populated city, I think I would notice. ;)

I live between 20 - 30 minutes from fountain actually, not much of a drive. I drive that same distance everyday to work =/

Edit: Oh, I meant to say, yes, yes you did go through Colorado Springs... right in the middle of it.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

phyco126 wrote: Nall... I used to live in Fountain for several years. And we have so many swift trucks, yeah. And how can you not tell if you drove through colorado springs?
To paraphrase Jim Gaffigan, people always react weirdly when I tell them I'm from Indiana. Like, sometimes they'll say, "Oh yeah, I've driven through there." What am I supposed to say to that? "Yes... I remember you. You were an excellent driver. There was an article about it in the local newspaper."

Your reaction reminded me of that bit, Phyco.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well we do get a lot of swift trucks through here, so maybe I did see him, but likely not. If he came from US-24 west, then he came through on Cimarron I think, and merged right at the end of the COSMIX project, which must have been a pain if it was during or close to rush hour. US-24 breaks apart in town and connects via several different roads before becoming US-24 again out west. =/

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Wasn't that Nevada or Utah they "landed" on and not the moon? Anyway, I thought I seen a Ghaleon street near Cincinnati when driving to Michigan.
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

AnimeJei wrote:Anyway, I thought I seen a Ghaleon street near Cincinnati when driving to Michigan.
Wow, I've never seen that in Cincy before. Then again, I'd never claim to know most of Cincinnati. I've mostly been in the suburbs.

There was a shop teacher at a local high school whose name is pronounced like "Ghaleon." It's not spelled that way though.

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

Nall... I used to live in Fountain for several years. And we have so many swift trucks, yeah. And how can you not tell if you drove through colorado springs? I mean, if I drove through a 300K+ populated city, I think I would notice.

I live between 20 - 30 minutes from fountain actually, not much of a drive. I drive that same distance everyday to work =/

Edit: Oh, I meant to say, yes, yes you did go through Colorado Springs... right in the middle of it.
I dunno, I just looked at my map and figured I was in Colorado Springs. But they didn't have a big sign that said "Welcome to Colorado Springs" lol. there definitely was a lot of traffic though, it was a pain, but that all ended as soon as I got on the interstate. I was hanging out at Tomahawk truck stop with the Shell sign last night and most of today. I delivered to a warehouse right across the street and picked up a load there. And now I'm spending the night in a little town called Texline Texas, just a couple miles from the New Mexico border.
To paraphrase Jim Gaffigan, people always react weirdly when I tell them I'm from Indiana. Like, sometimes they'll say, "Oh yeah, I've driven through there." What am I supposed to say to that? "Yes... I remember you. You were an excellent driver. There was an article about it in the local newspaper."
So you did read about me. That's cool!

actually I never drove through indiana. lol

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

For the longest time Indiana used to brag about everyone driving through. Our motto was "the crossroads of America." I'm sure that was great for tourism.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

They should make Hawaii the crossroads of America...
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

AnimeJei wrote:They should make Hawaii the crossroads of America...
It was at one time... unfortunately, cars kept driving into the ocean.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Werefrog wrote:
AnimeJei wrote:Anyway, I thought I seen a Ghaleon street near Cincinnati when driving to Michigan.
Wow, I've never seen that in Cincy before. Then again, I'd never claim to know most of Cincinnati. I've mostly been in the suburbs.

There was a shop teacher at a local high school whose name is pronounced like "Ghaleon." It's not spelled that way though.
this gave me a mental image of Ghaleon leading a high school class in the creation of the grindery.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Nall.TWK wrote: I dunno, I just looked at my map and figured I was in Colorado Springs. But they didn't have a big sign that said "Welcome to Colorado Springs" lol. there definitely was a lot of traffic though, it was a pain, but that all ended as soon as I got on the interstate. I was hanging out at Tomahawk truck stop with the Shell sign last night and most of today. I delivered to a warehouse right across the street and picked up a load there. And now I'm spending the night in a little town called Texline Texas, just a couple miles from the New Mexico border.
We used to eat at the Tomahawk. They had great fish and chips. XD And I know the warehouse across from it.

See, you didn't come into the springs from I-25 south from Denver. Don't worry, I forgive you, but if you can that way then you would have seen a big friggin wall sign that said COLORADO SPRINGS!!! DENVER SUCKS!!! Without the Denver sucks part though. =P

You should have told me sooner that you where gonna come this way, I would have jumped in the car and stalked, er, meet you. XD

In all seriousness, I have meet and talked to various LNet peeps :)

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

phyco126 wrote:
Nall.TWK wrote: I dunno, I just looked at my map and figured I was in Colorado Springs. But they didn't have a big sign that said "Welcome to Colorado Springs" lol. there definitely was a lot of traffic though, it was a pain, but that all ended as soon as I got on the interstate. I was hanging out at Tomahawk truck stop with the Shell sign last night and most of today. I delivered to a warehouse right across the street and picked up a load there. And now I'm spending the night in a little town called Texline Texas, just a couple miles from the New Mexico border.
We used to eat at the Tomahawk. They had great fish and chips. XD And I know the warehouse across from it.

See, you didn't come into the springs from I-25 south from Denver. Don't worry, I forgive you, but if you can that way then you would have seen a big friggin wall sign that said COLORADO SPRINGS!!! DENVER SUCKS!!! Without the Denver sucks part though. =P

You should have told me sooner that you where gonna come this way, I would have jumped in the car and stalked, er, meet you. XD

In all seriousness, I have meet and talked to various LNet peeps :)
Cool, so you've been to Tomahawk.
If you think Denver sucks then we might get along very well. lol! I'd like to stalk, er, i mean, meet you too XD. I'm heading to Pueblo tomorrow(Sunday) at Target's Distribution Center. that's 30 miles farther. but if I end up at Tomahawk I'll let you know. I'll give you my Truck # and Trailer #. Another easy way to find me is the black sticker on the front of the hood that says "We brake for nobody." But I didn't put that on there, the last driver did :P. Whenever I read it I think of Spaceballs.
Oh btw, driving through Texas I passed a sign that said "Nall Chiropractic Health Center."

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Still more recent Lunar sightings

Post by DezoPenguin »

Luna put in an appearance by reference today in my life. I was reading Atelier Marie and Elie vol. 1 and in a flashback scene the child Elie mistakes Marie for the Goddess of Healing...Lady Althena.

(Lemina says she'll represent the Goddess in court for the standard contingency fee plus retainer...)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Still more recent Lunar sightings

Post by Kizyr »

DezoPenguin wrote:Luna put in an appearance by reference today in my life. I was reading Atelier Marie and Elie vol. 1 and in a flashback scene the child Elie mistakes Marie for the Goddess of Healing...Lady Althena.

(Lemina says she'll represent the Goddess in court for the standard contingency fee plus retainer...)
That's a double-Lunar sighting. Althena + Elie from Magic School. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)