Lunar Manga

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
ezekiel000
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Manga

Post by ezekiel000 »

I've been working on scanlations of the last two Lunar manga that haven't been done up to now.
Last week I released the first set of chapters:
Magical School Lunar! Chapter 1-3 and Lunar: Vane the Story of the Inheritance Story 1.
The rest of both have been almost finished just a couple of extra lines for chapter 4 and 9 of magical school lunar to do, while Lunar: Vane the Story of the Inheritance is finished R. Capowski wants to do some revisions on story 2 & 3.
You can get my scanlations here: http://jmsmanga.wordpress.com/
R. Capowski's site: http://home.att.net/%7ERCgamusic/trans.htm

Also if you didn't know the other Lunar manga is available here:
http://www.mangasos.com/dejavu/index-s.html
Last edited by ezekiel000 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Re: Lunar Manga

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

You're awesome.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I may remove the link later, but I need to think it over first.

You should know that we strongly discourage scanlations. I see them as no different than piracy, and since it's still possible to obtain the Lunar manga (unlike some other merchandise), then I don't see a reason to stretch the rules for them.

Incidentally, that's the same reason why I don't allow my translations of the manga on this site to be used for scanlations.

Speaking normally again. Personally, I'm not all that fond of Choi's translation of the manga; there's another one of the Childhood's End manga that I also don't really like, since it misses a lot of references. Although RC's translations are quite good (though I disagree with using a different transliteration of the names than what's in the games, she's really good at translation-based writing and making the characters sound distinct from one another). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ezekiel000
Burg Farmer

Post by ezekiel000 »

Well I don't think scanlation for an old unlicensed series is so bad.
I mean if it was licensed or a chance it will get licensed that would be a reason to ban it.
If it was still available in stores but all copies of these manga are second hand which means that neither author or publisher make any money from off it's sale. (Isn't resale of books also technically illegal).
And last I'm not putting online raw Japanese versions of the manga so the scanlation also wont affect any sales in the the target market.

But if you don't like it on your forum feel free to delete this thread.

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

Where can I get lunar manga; I have been looking everywhere for it :( , or should I as is it in the US :x

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

ezekiel000 wrote:Well I don't think scanlation for an old unlicensed series is so bad.
I mean if it was licensed or a chance it will get licensed that would be a reason to ban it.
If it was still available in stores but all copies of these manga are second hand which means that neither author or publisher make any money from off it's sale. (Isn't resale of books also technically illegal).
And last I'm not putting online raw Japanese versions of the manga so the scanlation also wont affect any sales in the the target market.

But if you don't like it on your forum feel free to delete this thread.
Sale of secondhand books isn't illegal.

I understand your reasons, which is why I'm hesitant to remove the link. But, my general rule is not to allow for it so long as it's still feasible to obtain the original product (so far, the only things that are exceptions are the Magical School Lunar anime, the Walking School Game Gear game, and possibly the Lunar soundtracks). It's one of those grey areas after all, so please don't feel bad about it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ezekiel000
Burg Farmer

Post by ezekiel000 »

Yeah I understand it's a grey area oh well.

Oh and I figured sale of second hand books is illegal as if you read the small print at the beginning of most books they are sold with the condition of not being traded, rented, resold or copied. Don't know if I misunderstood and also I don't know if its the same for Japanese books as I can't read the small print.
lutomboy wrote:Where can I get lunar manga; I have been looking everywhere for it :( , or should I as is it in the US :x
I got the Magical School Lunar manga on eBay from Japan and Lunar: Vane the Story of the Inheritance from JPQueen.

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

Is it in English :?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

lutomboy wrote:Is it in English :?
They've never been officially translated into English. That's why ezekiel000 has translated them here.

ezekiel000
Burg Farmer

Post by ezekiel000 »

There aren't any official translations of the lunar manga.
The only English versions are scanlations listed above.

Edit: Too Slow :)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:
lutomboy wrote:Is it in English :?
They've never been officially translated into English. That's why ezekiel000 has translated them here.
Point of note... He hasn't translated anything. These are all Rebecca Capowski's translations.

I only mention because she's the other big name in translations of Lunar-related stuff. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ezekiel000
Burg Farmer

Post by ezekiel000 »

Your right I haven't translated anything just type-setting. (Btw MSL Manga is complete)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Do you have Rebecca's permission to use her translations? I'm pretty sure that her translations say to not repost them without permission.

If not, then I think the link should be removed.

ezekiel000
Burg Farmer

Post by ezekiel000 »

Yes I have permission to use her translations.