Lunar Music: What are your favorites off of the soundtracks?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Music: What are your favorites off of the soundtracks?

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Hey guys! I was a Music Major in college and I've been into video games since I was 5, so naturally I'm into video game music. I have the soundtracks that came with SSSC and EBC and I listen to both of them in the car on the way to work EVERY day. Lol. Here are my favorites: Both versions of Wings (SSSC), Magical weapon Nash (SSSC), Toward the Horizon (SSSC), Mysterious Cave (SSSC), Luna's Boat Song (SSSC), Sad Piano Theme (SSSC), Ghaleon's theme (EBC), Heart-Shaped Tears (EBC), Crowded Street Corner (EBC), Both versions of Eternal Blue (EBC), and Lucia's theme (EBC). Wow, that's a lot of favorites! Lol. I just love this music though. Anyway, what are your favorites guys?
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Re: Lunar Music: What are your favorites off of the soundtracks?

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I'm quite fond of the Japanese vocal tracks. A lot of the music you listen to from Lunar actually has lyrics.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:I'm quite fond of the Japanese vocal tracks. A lot of the music you listen to from Lunar actually has lyrics.
Where could I get the Japanese soundtracks?
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Ebay is one way to get the soundtracks. Otherwise, I can't help you much.

My favorite songs... heh, names elude me. I like the sad piano theme you mentioned from SSSC, Second Overworld, Mystere's Theme, and a few others, like the music that plays when the Grindery is unveiled and... I can't get the Vane music out of my head (though the TSS track is superior).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Mine would be Meribia's town them I spose. Followed by....many of the other town themes.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Let's see from Lunar 2 EB/EBC I like: Star Dragon Theme ('95 Mix), Ghaleon's Theme, Field To Tomorrow, Nall's Theme, Desire, Brave Warriors, and Lucia vs. Zophar.

From SSSC I like: Magical Weapon Nash, Vile Tribe, Recollection, Wings/Tsubasa (I like them both), Go Go Go!, and the second map theme (forgot what its called at the moment).

From TSS I like: Both openings (Jap/Eng), Second Overworld, Burg, Vane, the boss music and the final fight music.

From Lunar Magic School I like Fight! Fight! Fight!

I'm sure I forgot a lot of songs, but I can't check my games right now.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

TSS has a bunch of songs I love. The theme from Burg, the regular battle theme, and the second overworld theme stick out in my mind, though I'm honestly hard-pressed to think of a single theme from that game that didn't strike me as very good.

From EB, my favorite is easily the music from the Star Dragon Tower, though the theme from the battle against Omni Zophar runs a close second.

SSSC's music stuck me as not being the best in the series, and EBC didn't add anything noteworthy to the EB soundtrack, so I guess I'll leave it at that.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

AlexHiro4 wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:I'm quite fond of the Japanese vocal tracks. A lot of the music you listen to from Lunar actually has lyrics.
They're hard to find, and expensive when you do find them. I'm actually on a little quest to find them all myself.

So yeah, they're among the things that even I don't have, which should give an idea of how difficult it is to procure. I do have the Lunar TSS OST, but that's it. None of the drama CDs or anything else.

...actually, once I do get a lot of those Drama CDs, it'll be another wave of translation stuff.

...and a fifth re-telling of the events of TSS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

AlexHiro4 wrote:

If you have MSN, then PM me your e-mail address. hearing this stuff otherwise would require BS e-bay prices. plus, what if it isn't there? Are you morally required to fly to Japan and go from shop to shop?

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I love Ramus from Lunar: Silver Star Story Lunatic Festa Vol. 2!!! Uh! Sounds so much like a busy town! Its like those CM where everyone is using a card to by their stuff and then!! THEN!!! Someone uses Cash!?!?! Throws everyone into wack! ... Ahhh.. so great... Don't mind me.
Oooooh I also really enjoy Goddess Of Darkness from Lunar: Silver Star Story Lunatic Festa Vol. 4!! Sooooo spooky!
Depend On You Changed My Life.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sadrin wrote:I love Ramus from Lunar: Silver Star Story Lunatic Festa Vol. 2!!! Uh! Sounds so much like a busy town! Its like those CM where everyone is using a card to by their stuff and then!! THEN!!! Someone uses Cash!?!?! Throws everyone into wack! ... Ahhh.. so great... Don't mind me.
Oooooh I also really enjoy Goddess Of Darkness from Lunar: Silver Star Story Lunatic Festa Vol. 4!! Sooooo spooky!
Where did you get those particular soundtracks? I for them on Ebay and couldn't find them anywhere.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Ummm... I downloaded them? Yeah I know its bad and wrong. But... I only... Yes only listen to japanese music... Yeah yeah yeah. :-p So I tend to buy a few singles and albums everyonce in awhile but when they cost $54+ and takes a week to get, it adds up really fast. So I download most of my music. Now I'm waiting to buy Ayumi Hamasaki's Ayu-mi-x 6 albums soon. Rumor is that I might be able to get my copy at best buy... We'll see... >_> Now if I could buy the Lunatic Festa CDs I would. I Can't even find all the songs to download. Its sad... Not saying you should download songs but I do. Plus it's rather easy to get free american music. Just sign up for a few things and bam! 100 free downloads or something... Wish I could get that with Japanese music. If you can get the Lunatic Festa CDs you should get them. Great albums! Only wish you could get them without the voice overs. I like them and all but I just love the music so much more!!!

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

VGMWorld is fairly excellent for having obscure Lunar stuff on hand, both used and new (I get the odd feeling that the owner is an Iwadare fan :D ). Most of my recent Castlevania and all my Phoenix Wright soundtrack purchases came from them, so I can speak to their reliability in shipping to the US. Pricey, though. And, of course, they're currently on a two-week vacation right now...

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

DezoPenguin wrote:Most of my recent Castlevania and all my Phoenix Wright soundtrack purchases came from them, so I can speak to their reliability in shipping to the US.
According to legend (the official Capcom blog), Capcom is going to release two of the Phoenix Wright soundtracks in the US! Which do you prefer, Dezo, the jazz soundtrack or the orchestra?

Also, to keep this on topic, like Sonic, I enjoyed the sad piano song from SSSC. I also enjoy Wings quite a bit despite its cheese.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Wings, Wind's Nocturne, Determination, Alex and Luna (Hidden track)

Lucia's theme, Desire, Lucia vs. Zophar, Ghaleon's theme, Leo's theme.

I especially like to listen to Leo's theme when I'm feeling self righteous, and Lucia vs. Zophar when I'm fighting a major battle.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Sadrin wrote:Ummm... I downloaded them? Yeah I know its bad and wrong. But... I only... Yes only listen to japanese music... Yeah yeah yeah. :-p So I tend to buy a few singles and albums everyonce in awhile but when they cost $54+ and takes a week to get, it adds up really fast. So I download most of my music. Now I'm waiting to buy Ayumi Hamasaki's Ayu-mi-x 6 albums soon. Rumor is that I might be able to get my copy at best buy... We'll see... >_> Now if I could buy the Lunatic Festa CDs I would. I Can't even find all the songs to download. Its sad... Not saying you should download songs but I do. Plus it's rather easy to get free american music. Just sign up for a few things and bam! 100 free downloads or something... Wish I could get that with Japanese music. If you can get the Lunatic Festa CDs you should get them. Great albums! Only wish you could get them without the voice overs. I like them and all but I just love the music so much more!!!

How IS her singing these days? I couldn't imagine that it'd be easy for her since she can't hear out of one side of her head. I hear she still plans to try. I haven't listened to her stuff in a long time. I've been on a Yui Horie (i refuse to adjust to it going backwards. i don't care how many people over there get offended if i go.) kick as of late. Have you listened to her new cd Darling?

As for the Lunar japanese tracks, i got them all off of Lunareb before it went under. I'd buy all of Lunar anything if i could afford it. I want boxes and art and all of that. This'll work for now, though.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sadrin wrote:Ummm... I downloaded them? Yeah I know its bad and wrong. But... I only... Yes only listen to japanese music... Yeah yeah yeah. :-p So I tend to buy a few singles and albums everyonce in awhile but when they cost $54+ and takes a week to get, it adds up really fast. So I download most of my music. Now I'm waiting to buy Ayumi Hamasaki's Ayu-mi-x 6 albums soon. Rumor is that I might be able to get my copy at best buy... We'll see... >_> Now if I could buy the Lunatic Festa CDs I would. I Can't even find all the songs to download. Its sad... Not saying you should download songs but I do. Plus it's rather easy to get free american music. Just sign up for a few things and bam! 100 free downloads or something... Wish I could get that with Japanese music. If you can get the Lunatic Festa CDs you should get them. Great albums! Only wish you could get them without the voice overs. I like them and all but I just love the music so much more!!!
Generally I'm against downloading music for free (since I was a music major), but in a situation like this I think it can be justified. Paying outrageous shipping prices just so you can "do the right thing" isn't worth it to me. What site did you download the Lunatic Festa stuff from?
Angelalex242 wrote:Wings, Wind's Nocturne, Determination, Alex and Luna (Hidden track)

Lucia's theme, Desire, Lucia vs. Zophar, Ghaleon's theme, Leo's theme.

I especially like to listen to Leo's theme when I'm feeling self righteous, and Lucia vs. Zophar when I'm fighting a major battle.
How do you access the hidden "Alex and Luna" track? Is it on the soundtrack that comes with SSSC or is it from a different soundtrack?
Last edited by AlexHiro4 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I try and buy anything I can. The only american CD I have is Exodus by Utada. I also have the poster! Whoohooo... That's all i've got when it comes to american music. lol.

I think the hidden track is on the PSX disk? Just put it in a cd player. I think its the 2nd or 3rd track? I could never get the other tracks to play.

And Ayumi? Shes doing well. I liked her voice pre Rainbow most. Her new single is great though! Can't Wait! Its been 10 years!! Depend On You was the first japanese song i've ever heard and I was hooked. She helped me get into Japanese stuff and therefore got me into Lunar. Thanks Ayumi. :)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Sadrin wrote:I try and buy anything I can. The only american CD I have is Exodus by Utada. I also have the poster! Whoohooo... That's all i've got when it comes to american music. lol.

I think the hidden track is on the PSX disk? Just put it in a cd player. I think its the 2nd or 3rd track? I could never get the other tracks to play.

And Ayumi? Shes doing well. I liked her voice pre Rainbow most. Her new single is great though! Can't Wait! Its been 10 years!! Depend On You was the first japanese song i've ever heard and I was hooked. She helped me get into Japanese stuff and therefore got me into Lunar. Thanks Ayumi. :)

If you ever get to actually thank her, stand on her right side when you do. :lol:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

AlexHiro4 wrote:Generally I'm against downloading music for free (since I was a music major), but in a situation like this I think it can be justified. Paying outrageous shipping prices just so you can "do the right thing" isn't worth it to me. What site did you download the Lunatic Fiesta stuff from?
1) It's Festa, not Fiesta. Did you think everyone was mistyping it?
[#2 removed - KF]