Potential Lunar Remakes.

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Potential Lunar Remakes.

Post by Alunissage »

Angelalex242 wrote:I could see Luna in Dark Althena's outfit laying down some smack on Ghaleon in the same vein...cause it'd be awesome.
Not really. The outfit is pretty much symbolic of her being controlled and not free to do any such thing -- in TSS, the only time you see it in the entire game is when Ghaleon is saying "Now, Goddess Althena, heed my command..." (and she looks like a robot), and in SSSC Luna is still wearing it at the end even after she regains her memory, while she's trapped in the Fortress because she feels unable to leave. In both games, when she and Alex rejoin the party, she is no longer wearing the outfit. I'm sure that if Luna regained volition to attack Ghaleon she would change back to her original outfit, or something partway between her usual clothes and Althena's clothes (similar to how Althena in DS had an outfit that was a cross between Lucia's and the priests').

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Fanservice, Alun, Fanservice. To Zophar with symbolism, we want to see Luna in the sexy outfit laying smackdown :)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I'm going to have to agree with Alun. Fanservice in-game for Lunar is a bit much (hence why I'm not as fond as Lunar: EB as the original). Having the outfit be symbolic is much better, and Luna deserves the dignity of having her regular outfit.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

LunarRaptor wrote:I'm going to have to agree with Alun. Fanservice in-game for Lunar is a bit much (hence why I'm not as fond as Lunar: EB as the original). Having the outfit be symbolic is much better, and Luna deserves the dignity of having her regular outfit.
What about several of the bromides and the bath scenes?

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Bromides and bath scenes don't really count. They don't happen anytime there's plot or even actual gameplay. They're just extras that can be accessed on the side, at the player's leisure, not at the dramatic finale when the player's attention should be on what is being said and done.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

Angelalex242 wrote:Oh, I dunno. In Lunar 2, Lucia helps Hiro smite Zophar herself in the 3rd battle vs. Zophar. (Where it's just the two of them smiting the dark god)

I could see Luna in Dark Althena's outfit laying down some smack on Ghaleon in the same vein...cause it'd be awesome.
Unless Luna regains control while wearing that ridiculous getup before going up the stairs(which is the only way i'll be ok with it.) i'm siding with Lunarraptor and Alun.
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

It could happen. Alex just has to play the ocarina a little sooner. It's not kicking Ghaleon's butt that frees her, it's the song.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I could go with that, too.

Jumping topics a little, here, if they remade this with the voice overs, they'd likely have to change the cast. If they did that, who could replace everyone (we're discussing every aspect of a remake, after all :mrgreen: ).

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

As long as she ditches the stupid head ornament and it's just Alex, it would be okay.
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Of course, no head ornament. Notice my sig, where I've got Lucia wearing the sexy Dark Althena outfit. But I left the headpiece off, by my own request.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, I've always found it interesting that you use a picture of her face where she's clearly unhappy, suggesting she's not in that getup by choice but because someone else is controlling her and forcing her into it, in this case the person who put together the image. See comments about symbolism of that outfit above.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

Alunissage wrote:Yes, I've always found it interesting that you use a picture of her face where she's clearly unhappy, suggesting she's not in that getup by choice but because someone else is controlling her and forcing her into it, in this case the person who put together the image. See comments about symbolism of that outfit above.
Can't believe i didn't notice that. now i feel like i'm gonna vomit.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I'm not the artist. I have no artistic talent at drawing whatever. I do fanfics well, but my artistic expertise stops there.

That was made for me as a gift by someone else, whose name I no longer recall. It was done several years ago.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

It's all right.

But the only way i think Luna would probably even think of putting that thing on willingly is... I'm not gonna finish that sentence.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Is if Alex asked her to, you mean?

Of course, she'd make him put Dragonmaster stuff on to match, but hey...

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

:shock: The reason i didn't finish that sentence is because i didn't want Kizyr breathing down my neck for a dirty remark.

anyway, who do you think would be able to give Alex a respectable voice these days?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Omega wrote::shock: The reason i didn't finish that sentence is because i didn't want Kizyr breathing down my neck for a dirty remark.
Hogwash! I don't breathe down people's necks! I just roast them.

But anyway... Thinking on this more, Luna's outfit is cumbersome, impractical, and leaves little to the imagination. Contrast that with her normal outfit: soft, comfortable, even conservative.

The purpose really was to draw a stark contrast between the woman she really was and who she wanted to be, and the woman someone else (i.e., Ghaleon) was trying to turn her into. The fact that her Dark Althena costume was so inappropriate to her real character relates to the fact that she had to be under someone else's control to be wearing it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Heh, heh, Dragonmaster S&M. We've all probably seen that innocently looking around the internet for Lunar fan sites, anyway. I know I have *shudders*

Hmm. Knowing gaming companies, they'd probably just cast Johnny Young Bosche as Alex and be done with it, whether or not he's good for the role.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Angelalex242 wrote:Is if Alex asked her to, you mean?

Of course, she'd make him put Dragonmaster stuff on to match, but hey...
Not even remotely comparable. Dressing in a hyper-revealing outfit symbolic of being enslaved, dominated, and used, with her 'self' obliterated, vs dressing like a legendary, all-powerful hero (and entirely covered up)? I don't think so. Asking her to do that would be so hurtful and hateful that I can't imagine Alex doing it... but I can imagine Luna ripping to shreds anyone suggesting it.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

I know there's a snowball's chance in... a volcano of Luna putting that on willingly.

BTW LunarRaptor: It's Johnny Yong Bosch, and he did great as Nero in DMC4 not to mention he portrays Ichigo of Bleach rather well.