Is Hiro with the vile tribe?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Is Hiro with the vile tribe?

Post by Guest »

Hey I don't know why nobody noticed this but Hiro has tattoos on his face and the vile tribe seem to have tattoos all over there body could there be any connections between the two?

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Huh? I'm pretty sure they're markings similar to the ones that Jessica has since Gwyn is his grandfather and is clearly at least partially a beast. He is really his grandfather, right? I can't quite remember.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

We had a pretty good discussion a while back regarding this. I can't remember the exact discussion, but I know a number of us felt Hiro has at least some mix of Vile Tribe in him.

And actually, it's been said by, Shigema I think, that Gwyn isn't Hiro's real grandfather.
-G1

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

And actually, it's been said by, Shigema I think, that Gwyn isn't Hiro's real grandfather

Yeah, i've heard that too. Hiro is really a mysterious character when you think about it.
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Gwyn isn't his real grandfather, more like an adoptive one. I'm sure that's already been well established.

But I always figured Hiro had Vile Tribe blood in him. His more courageous (and bordering on reckless) traits come from that side of his heritage. That might also explain some of his inborn magical abilities.

Though they're described as tattoos in the game (Leo says that in a wanted notice), I'm sure that by the time of EB the Vile Tribe has been mixed throughout society so much that folks don't readily trace back their origins to someone who's part of the Vile Tribe. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

I always wondered about those stupid marks on his face. *sighs* That was the one thing about the game that always bugged me, Hiro was never really explained.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

I belive he has Vile Tribe blood in him...thats all i can say =P

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

I've always thought he was a descendant of the Vile Tribe, but I never put much thought into it. The Vile Tribe has been mixed into the people of Lunar for a very long time, I'm sure many people have it in their blood by now. Just because he has it in him along with a few physical traits doesn't mean he has any idea of his heritage.

As far as Gwyn: Does Hiro know that Gwyn is not really his Grandfather? I suppose that is more of a rhetorical question seeing as I don't believe there is any answer given in the game. Perhaps the Manga? I have to get around to reading those, if I can find a translation somewhere.
- Mike

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

What about a scanlation?...http://deja-vu.cjb.net...but you'll have to download.....check out the other Lunar mangas too.
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Etherest wrote:What about a scanlation?...http://deja-vu.cjb.net...but you'll have to download.....check out the other Lunar mangas too.

Heh, I have those. I was more interested in TSS/SSS Manga. Mainly the Vheen ones. :P I can't seem to find those for the life of me though. Not even just written translations. :?
- Mike

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Me too...(and it's use less trying to translate stuff with an online translator...because the results make no sense...)..Woe is me...
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Well if I have any luck I'll let you know. :P
- Mike

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Thanks. Same here.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I translated the Vane manga a while back. I haven't gotten around to making the edits yet, but if there's enough demand then I'm sure we can have it up on LunarNET by next week. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

::Offers Kiz some chocolates...and money. Lots of money::

:D
- Mike

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

I read on some website that Hiro is supposed to be the "last surviving member of the Vile Tribe". I don't know how credible the source is but it would make sense. The markings on Jessica and Leo and such are sorta natural looking. The colors look like they could just be markings of some species. Hiro's bright green markings are a little unusual, kinda like Xenobia's or Phacia's. Plus they sorta leave you a hint, when you're in Vane's library and there's that book that mentioning the Vile Tribe and Phacia wrote that note saying something like "Now the Vile Tribe lives alongside the rest of Althena's children" I think it's supposed to be saying, uh open your eyes the protagonist of this whole game is one? 8)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

It's pure speculation (and unsubstantiated) that Hiro is the "last" of the Vile Tribe. There wasn't any indication of that as far as I could see in EB.

Phacia's comment sounded more like the Vile Tribe wasn't imprisoned any longer since Althena wasn't there to keep them in their prison. So, I figure most likely the Vile Tribe mixed with the rest of the population of Lunar. Folks would be half or quarter Vile Tribe after that--Hiro could be 1/32nd Vile Tribe or something, perhaps--until tracing your lineage back to the Vile Tribe would be like tracing it back to, say, the Dutch. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

I took her comment as meaning the Vile Tribe was spread all out across Lunar, both living beside and breeding (I hate that word when used with people) with Humans and Beastman and the rest of Althena's children. That they weren't prisoners of the Frontier anymore. It didn't seem to be singling out Hiro to me.

Edit: Boo. Kiz beat me, bigger and better. :evil:
- Mike

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

If i'm not mistaken, I'm fairly sure I've seen some artwork of Hiro with red eyes. Am I right in that?

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I really do think that Hiro is a desendent of the Vile Tribe...I also liked to think that one of his parents was an actual full blood....it makes it more fun :P

Ever wonder about Fake Althena too? I often wondered if she was part of the Vile Tribe...she just looked so much like Phacia.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...