LUNAR RP

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
User avatar
HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:23 pm
Contact:

LUNAR RP

Postby HikariOmoi » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 pm

So! I've decided to try my hand at a LUNAR RP! (Sit back down!) It would be forum based (not up at the moment) and probably SimpleMachines (my brother, the sweet heart, is making the theme for me).

It's going to take place some time after LUNAR 2 and would detail either the transition to the Blue Star or the transition of living there for the first time in several thousand years. The general world would include several location boards and sub-boards for the places within that location (example: if it were on Lunar, having a "Vane" board with the sub-boards of "The Magic Guild", "School Dorms", "Magic Shops", etc.).

I'm currently looking for staff members, players, or just anyone who wants to help out, whether with plot or characters or general LUNAR knowledge. For major characters, like town leaders or guildmasters, I'd like to have basic character outlines that people can expand on (other RPs call these "canons") to keep the RP balanced.

If you're interested in any way, please drop a line! (Or two, or three~ ♥)

Edit: Some features I may include!

Features
- 4-5 primary locations with sub-boards. Because of the transition, old towns and cities wouldn't exist, but people would want to group themselves similarly to before the move; the people who lived in the desert would want to do so again, and with other people who lived in the desert, and similarly with mountain living people, etc. I've thinking of keeping Meribia and Vane, as they withstood the test of time before (the 1000 year gap between TSS/SSC and EB/EBC), and so you'd have the additions of three original towns based loosely off of preexisting towns. (Such as Dalarton, a desert town with the population originating from the Lunar towns Dalton and Larpa).

- The ability to have monster characters*. You would, of course, have to have at lease one "PC". The purpose of having a monster character would be to participate in threads in locations outside of cities (or inside cities during events) and be "random encounters". A person would specify in the beginning of the thread they're posting in whether they wanted random encounters or would prefer to request a fight when they feel the timing is right (or not have a battle at all).

- A request board for monster fights in which a PC could request a fight with a monster in a particular thread or a monster character could offer to fight anyone willing. This would also allow people to specify the type of fight: short, long, with magic, without magic, including death/extreme injury, injury, etc.

- Different races and classes (taking into consideration the suggestions given in this thread, if that's alright with those who participated in said thread). Spell glossaries would be posted on the forum (you could have your own spells in your signature for easy remembering, perhaps?) and based off the games (or taken straight from the guides 8D”).

- "Canon Characters". These would be characters that are partially made (would include name, age, origin, and position) and could be expanded by those who wanted to pick them up. Most canon characters would have positions vital to the RP, such as Governors, Guildmasters, and the foxy ladies that usually work in one of Ramus' Shops.

*Monsters would be based off of preexisting monsters in the game. People can have slight variations in the monsters, such as they're desired way to fight, specific appearence (color, hair, sliminess, etc.), level, etc.

These will be updated as I think of them or they're suggested~! So please, suggest! ♥
Last edited by HikariOmoi on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:15 pm

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby Guild_Premier_Ghaleon » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Ooh, very cool! I love forum based role playing games. Keep me posted, I'll definitely play. :)
Image
-----
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

User avatar
HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby HikariOmoi » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:51 pm

Will do! If you have anything you'd like to see in it, feel free to tell me~! I'd have the site up for people to at least browse, but, like I said, my brother's making it. Anyways, thanks for your enthusiasm! ♥'s for you~!

User avatar
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
Posts: 989
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:12 pm

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby Dark_Fairy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:24 am

Yay! This is just the sort of thing I've been wanting to do for a while now! :mrgreen:

I can't think of any suggestions right now (just got up a little bit ago, still sleepy @_@), but if I do, I'll let you know. I will play too! ^^

User avatar
HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby HikariOmoi » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Yay~! I'm glad to see interest in it! (Even if only a tiny bit! ♥)

As I mentioned, I'm looking for people who'd like to moderate, so if you'd be interested in that~ props to you!

Aside from shameless solicitation, I hope to get the site up and running soon so that we can start RPing together! :3

User avatar
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: Lucia's Fortress
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby Angelalex242 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:56 pm

I've been interested in something like this for a long, long time.

Count me in.

I have to ask, though .What time period will you set it in?

Blue Star Destruction, Pre Dragonsong, Dragonsong, Post Dragonsong, pre 4 heroes, 4 heroes, between 4 and Alex, Alex, post Alex, between Alex and Hiro, pre-Hiro, Hiro, post Hiro, Blue Star Restoration
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Image

User avatar
HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby HikariOmoi » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:33 pm

It's 300 years after Hiro, and around... 10 or so years into the restoration of the Blue Star? The length of time they've been there is subject to change, depending on what people say, but that's the general idea so far.

Glad to know you're interested! :3

User avatar
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: Lucia's Fortress
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby Angelalex242 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:40 pm

Okay. Keep in mind the 5 dragons are still around at that point...Nall, Ruby, Blue, and Black. As well as the Star Dragon.

Also, Lucia is still alive. Hiro might die of old age, but she won't.

People who know me well around here would know I'm rather interested in Lucia as a character. ;)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Image

User avatar
HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby HikariOmoi » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:58 pm

The five Dragons were kept in mind, but as for Lucia... Well, once Hiro died, I can imagine she only stuck around to fulfill her duty. After everyone migrated to the Blue Star and settled in, there wasn't much reason for her to torture herself for thousands of years. The Dragons are used to protect the Blue Star and Lunar, but Lucia's job was to prepare the Blue Star for the inhabitants of Lunar. I can imagine that after she finished with that, she would choose the fate Luna did and die.

One of the reasons I chose for that kind of outcome is the fact that she's a canon character. It's not entirely fair to have someone play her, seeing as she's extremely powerful. That might change if I think of a plot in which her being alive would be necessary, but I don't want a mod or admin to take advantage of their position and be Lucia, nor do I want anyone randomly applying for her.

The same goes for the Dragons. I may have some sort of competition to choose five (or four, if the Star Dragon's purpose is also completed) members based on participation, post count, application, and other criteria, to play Dragon characters but they probably wouldn't include Nall and Ruby. Again, because these are a canon characters. To justify their dissappearence, I could reasonably say that they exhausted themselves bringing everyone to the Blue Star. This would give the chance for players to make their own Dragons and for them to be the young, uneducated and somewhat weak baby Dragons.

I hope I haven't deterred you from wanting to play, but powerful characters, canon characters and especially powerful canon characters can sometimes ruin a RP. >.>;

...of course, all of that might change. It'd be extremely fun and satisfying, I think, to play Ruby, but... It's really not fair if there are only 3 game-canon characters to choose from.

User avatar
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: Lucia's Fortress
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby Angelalex242 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:11 am

Let's just say I like Lucia enough that I'm willing to argue the point to keep her around. Among other things, if you ever want a Dragonmaster in your world, a Goddess has to be around and active. Not necessarily Althena.

Anyways...Lucia follows the same rules Althena does. If she wants to die, she has to reincarnate herself as a baby human, as Althena did with Lucia DS and Luna. If she never found anyone worthy of reincarnating herself with (See, Althena and Dyne), then she remains in her divine form.

Also, by this point...I imagine Althena's religion would've started to die out, to be replaced with Lucia's religion. That is, you'd have a cathedral of Lucia, Lucia statues that restore your HP and MP when you pray to them, and so on. She would, in the fullness of time, basically be taking Althena's role. Which has the downside of taking on the downside to Althena's role. Lucia might not realize right away that humanity will gleefully become dependent on her as quickly as they became dependent on Althena herself. Which makes another problem...

You might make it a plot point to have other players compete to see who gets to fulfill Dyne's role with Lucia. At that point, of course, it'll be a while before Lucia's reincarnation becomes a viable player character again.

Personally, I wouldn't object to leaving Nall and Ruby around. People like FCs. At least, I do. Playing Nall as Nall and Ruby as Ruby is enjoyable to a great many people.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Image

User avatar
HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby HikariOmoi » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:33 am

Religion of Lucia? I'd never thought of that, but it's certainly a point! (I'm not sure I like that, but it's such a good point I can't really overlook it! >.<")

I'm definitely going to have to take all of this into consideration. Aah, the days when I thought the plot would be simple. ;p

User avatar
Alunissage
Goddess
Posts: 7187
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:31 am
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby Alunissage » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:02 am

I hate to have to say this once again, but you should probably be aware that many/most of AngelAlex's statements are his own interpretations and ideas, not game canon. For example, a dragonmaster requiring either Althena or a substitute, Lucia having to follow the same rules as Althena, what would become of her after Hiro dies and/or the Blue Star is repopulated, and any other detail about Lucia being equivalent to Althena, because this simply is not said in the official material. In fact, the comment about a dragonmaster requiring a goddess is a direct contradiction to the games, or at least SSSC (because Alex becomes Dragonmaster while Althena is Luna).

Of course, if you're making up a story for your RP setting you can plot it however you like. I'm just saying that you don't have do things the way Angelalex says they should be, because that information about What Happened After simply doesn't exist.

User avatar
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: Lucia's Fortress
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby Angelalex242 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Luna is a powered mortal incarnation, which is good enough. Note once Luna's gone, no further Dragonmasters exist. Not even Hiro bothers taking the title, despite having earned it.

Further, there's a book in EB's vane specifically stating no new Dragonmasters happened after Alex and Luna.

So. There's 1000 years of evidence backing my assertion up. What's backing you?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Image

User avatar
HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby HikariOmoi » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Alunissage wrote:For example, a dragonmaster requiring either Althena or a substitute, Lucia having to follow the same rules as Althena, what would become of her after Hiro dies and/or the Blue Star is repopulated, and any other detail about Lucia being equivalent to Althena, because this simply is not said in the official material. In fact, the comment about a dragonmaster requiring a goddess is a direct contradiction to the games, or at least SSSC (because Alex becomes Dragonmaster while Althena is Luna).

There are obviously discrepencies between what any fan says and the official material because the creators of Lunar liked having people speculate. I'm not saying I'm going to use every idea that's thrown at me, but the fact remains that AngelAlex brought up some good points that led to ideas I hadn't considered.

I appreciate the concern, though. I'm talking with as many people as I can to find a reasonable plot that would try to satisfy as many people as possible, at least in one way or another. (An impossible task, I know. I aim high!)

Angelalex242 wrote:Luna is a powered mortal incarnation, which is good enough. Note once Luna's gone, no further Dragonmasters exist. Not even Hiro bothers taking the title, despite having earned it.

Further, there's a book in EB's vane specifically stating no new Dragonmasters happened after Alex and Luna.

So. There's 1000 years of evidence backing my assertion up. What's backing you?

I don't think Alun meant to attack you with what she was saying, merely pointing out that the discussion was fan speculation.

As to the point in debate; even if a book says that there hasn't been a Dragonmaster in 1000 years, it may be because no one felt the need to be one. In the case of Hiro's decision not to take the title, that's really a choice of personal preference. After all, Lucia was there as a "substitute" for Althena. If it was necessary to have someone like her in order for the title to exist, then Hiro could have been.

Again, it's all fan speculation, but that's where the fun comes in. Even this discussion has led to some things I hadn't thought of before. :3

User avatar
Setsuki
NPC
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:15 pm
Location: In between the ocean and um.. more ocean
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby Setsuki » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:41 pm

I'm really looking forward to this role play, it sounds like it's going to be really good. :D I have been waiting for a good solid forum role play for a long time! Besides it's Lunar which makes it 100X's better!

User avatar
Alunissage
Goddess
Posts: 7187
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:31 am
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby Alunissage » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:14 am

Angelalex242 wrote:Luna is a powered mortal incarnation, which is good enough. Note once Luna's gone, no further Dragonmasters exist. Not even Hiro bothers taking the title, despite having earned it.

Further, there's a book in EB's vane specifically stating no new Dragonmasters happened after Alex and Luna.

So. There's 1000 years of evidence backing my assertion up. What's backing you?

I'm not making ANY assertion. I'm saying that you ARE making assertions and extrapolations. They may be reasonable ones -- it does make sense that a dragonmaster would require a goddess -- but not explicitly stated. It's an interesting point, really. Nall kept Althena's Sword for the full time (500-600 years in the Japanese material, not 1000) between the two games because although he traveled the world, he didn't find anyone he felt he could give it to (source: 30 Questions with Kei Shigema). Giving the sword to another person (who he just never happened to meet) might well have made that person a Dragonmaster, since the Sword is the last piece of equipment. The point is, we don't know. And that's all I was saying.

I'm really not trying to attack you for speculating, believe it or not. But this is a different situation from our usual arguing about backstory and citing evidence and stuff. HikariOmoi is creating her own plot, and it's up to her to decide how she wants to do that and what the setting will be of her game. My concern is that she may have something decided, and then see your various statements and think she has to rework her stuff to fit what you say without realizing that what you are saying isn't official or canon. And given her already-stated concerns about gameplay (i.e. having Lucia be out of the picture because the RPing would be imbalanced otherwise), she shouldn't be made to feel that she has to rework all that based on what YOU think the story should be.

I'm not saying you shouldn't offer your input. But I do think it's important to be clear that what you state is your own speculation and that she needn't fear she's alienating the entire Lunar fandom if she decides to do it differently.

User avatar
Hirox
Student of Vane
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:55 am
Location: Meribia!
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby Hirox » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:39 pm

This sounds neato! Id be glad to help in any possible way. possibly moderate, Im on the computer 7:30-4:30 at my job mon-fri so Id have lots of time on my hands :)

User avatar
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
Posts: 8188
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:36 am
Location: Marius Zone
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby Kizyr » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:59 pm

Alunissage wrote:I'm not saying you shouldn't offer your input. But I do think it's important to be clear that what you state is your own speculation and that she needn't fear she's alienating the entire Lunar fandom if she decides to do it differently.

This is why I'm cautious about offering input and interpretation since, as Kei Shigema in disguise, everything that I say is canon by definition. KS
~Kizyr
Image

User avatar
HikariOmoi
Black Dragon Wizard
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: LUNAR RP

Postby HikariOmoi » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Kizyr wrote:This is why I'm cautious about offering input and interpretation since, as Kei Shigema in disguise, everything that I say is canon by definition. KS


Which is exactly why I want your input! ;p


Return to “General Lunar Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests