Lunar Quotes

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
7CityRansom
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Quotes

Post by 7CityRansom »

Couldn't find an old thread on this so I figured I'd throw it out there. Sorry in advance if this has been posted and discussed before.

Probably my favorite lines that I remember off the top of my head are when Alex and Tempest have their confrontation and he calls out Alex to a fight. Nall tells him he doesn't think they can talk their way out of this one and he says "I wouldn't want to anyways." Awesome random moment that Alex turns all bad-ass-burg-representing.

Also I will never forget in the original Sega CD Silver Star when you go to Talon after the Grindery crushes the land Nall called Ghaleon a Ruthless Bastard. I didn't see that coming either.

Any others you guys want to share?

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Lunar Quotes

Post by Aaron »

I have always been struck by the ending scene in Lunar SSSC where Alex goes up to Althena/Luna and says "It's destiny."

In Lunar Eternal Blue Complete I always like Jean's, "Taste my anger" I also like the scene where Ghaleon introduces himself to Hiro & Co.

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

"is it me or does nash look like a giant chicken?" XD

the various ABBA references cracked me up, too.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Lemina: Okay, this is Taben's Peak, where the rash of thefts have been occurring. Everyone, keep your hands tightly on your valuables.

Jean: RONFAR! GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR PANTS!

Ronfar: I, well, well SHE SAID! I was just following orders!
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

lnrSaxon wrote:"is it me or does nash look like a giant chicken?" XD

Haha, yeah, I loved the ABBA references. Thus the running gag in some of my comics. :D

There are so many quotes that I used to love, but it has been soooooooo long that I don't remember any of them. =(

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Post by Kitdra »

Any thing that Leo shouts durring battle XD come on "Sample my goods!" XDDDD and also the part where Mystere makes his apperance and jumps the gap then relizies that he has no way of getting back XD

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

phyco126 wrote:
lnrSaxon wrote:"is it me or does nash look like a giant chicken?" XD

Haha, yeah, I loved the ABBA references. Thus the running gag in some of my comics. :D

There are so many quotes that I used to love, but it has been soooooooo long that I don't remember any of them. =(
yeah, same here. i played these games through junior high/high school, so i actually used to jot them down in a journal. XP yep. nerd.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I don't think a have either of these quite right, and they might only be in the Sega CD games.

Kid in Lann: "On top of the island all covered in moss, I saw a big monster that looked like a boss."

Jessica: "What are you talking about? What do you mean, boss?"

and...

Ronfar: "Looks like you finally talked to the right guy." (After talking to the guy who triggers the next event.)
「まあいいけど。」

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

"it's a giant blue booger!"

"you ninny-ninny-dumb-dumb-poopy head!"

XD

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

TSS has some really great dialogue in Lann. My favorite is Jessica's line, "Why does every RPG have to have at least one useless drunk?"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kitdra wrote:Any thing that Leo shouts durring battle XD come on "Sample my goods!" XDDDD and also the part where Mystere makes his apperance and jumps the gap then relizies that he has no way of getting back XD
Hahaha, yeah. I made fun of that quite readily. Image

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I've been really enjoying these quotes. It makes me wish I was more diligent in writing my favorites down.

One right now - when the party is trying to taste the different carrots in Iluk, Kyle says something like, "Ew, tastes like mildewy socks." Then Jessica quips something to the effect of, "You should know."

Oh, wait! "The only digits allowed to penetrate my nostrils are my own, you ignorant fop!" Ghaleon. :D
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Ronfar: Trust me, it'll all be peachy keen, jelly bean. You'll see.

Dude, you sound like my mom, and somehow that's fitting. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Nash saying of Kyle "Man, you're the most one-dimensional character I know!" in TSS amuses me because it's a 2D game. I know that's not the kind of dimension Nash means, but still.

Other than that I can't really think of anything much, oddly enough. For a series whose story and dialogue I've discussed so much over the years, the individual lines haven't stood out for me much as quotable. It's much easier to think of lines I thought were unnecessarily vulgar, such as most of the quotes in this thread.

Okay, I thought of one. Ronfar's running-away line in EBC that's a quote from The Gambler: "You gotta know when to walk away and know when to RUN!"

It's actually Lunar Legend that has probably been quoted the most by my Lunar-playing friend. The sheer ridiculousness of "Foo, foo, foo" (said by the NPC outside Mel's office) worked its way into emails and conversations a few times.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I still like the quote of an NPC "Magic Emperor Ghaleon!" when you were with him in Burg, before he turned out to be evil. Gave a bit of some insight.

OO.
Saith Pirate

Post by OO. »

Cant' say this is in any gameplay dialogue...but the first time we beat EBC my friend and I thought Chad Letts' outtakes were hilarious. This one directed at Ruby was the cherry on top:

"You dumb b**** why don't you pay attention?! You should know, Ruby! You should KNOW!"
End of Eternity.