Well, at least it was nominated (Smithsonian)

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Well, at least it was nominated (Smithsonian)

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

So the Smithsonian is doing an Art Of Videogames exhibit from all eras, where people were allowed to vote for the winning entry to be displayed. For PlayStation RPGs, Final Fantasy VII won (obviously), but what was interesting to me was that in the far right column for nominations (i.e. the runners up), the next runner up was Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, followed by Grandia.

Full list here... http://americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/a ... ggames.pdf

Nice to see Lunar get some runner-up love. It's better than nothing. ^_^
-Nobi

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Well, at least it was nominated (Smithsonian)

Post by Sonic# »

I had the same thought. And I voted for Lunar. >_<
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Yay, Lunar is a pretty important part of video game history! Not as important as Final Fantasy VII, but I can accept that.

I wonder how Lunar ended up becoming a nominee?
「まあいいけど。」

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Yeah, I have no complaints about this list. FF7 is a great game and definitely more influential on the current state of RPGs (for better or worse). For a museum exhibit that wishes to show off the evolution of video games, it was sort of a no-brainer.

I'm also glad to see Secret of Monkey Island in the lineup.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

PS1 was kind of a legendary era for RPGs. It's nice to see some Lunar love there.

Also, yay for Okami! I think I'm getting more and more addicted to that game every time I play it...
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl