Lunar Month Poll

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.

Lunar1

Lunar:The Silver Star
47%
Lunar:Silver Star Story
33%
Lunar:Lunar Legend
7%
Lunar:Silver Star Harmony
13%

Total votes: 15

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Month Poll

Post by S.ninja »

Ok June, which is the month every year that I play thu the lunar games (therefore Lunar month :P ). But, as the years go on it seems there may be to many choices for Lunar1.
So what I want from you guys is to tell me which one I should go thu, and why you picked the one you did. Thanks.

SoupCandy
Saith Pirate

Re: Lunar Month Poll

Post by SoupCandy »

TSS. It was the original.
SSSC is honestly pretty close, but because of a few plot holes, it comes in second.

Bearing in mind that, I look at each game as a different character retelling them, like the TSS being told by Alex, SSSC by Luna, Legend by Nash, and... No idea who'd be telling Harmony.

Depends on what people enjoy as an individual.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

SoupCandy wrote: the TSS being told by Alex, SSSC by Luna, Legend by Nash, and... No idea who'd be telling Harmony.
Thats an interesting way to see it, that Nash is the story teller for Legend, but I honestly think that there are only 2 story tellers here.
One for TSS and one for SSSC.
Those are the only different ones. Legend and Harmony are just a repeat of SSSC. Now, I don't know what plot holes you meant, but if there were any in SSSC, arent they present in Legend and Harmony as well? Cause it is the same game, just on a different system and converted to fit in a GBA or PSP.

Anyways I would pick Harmony, but I'd recommend to read it directly from a memory stick for faster loading times.
Why Harmony? Because this is the one that has the best looking places! And best looking movies. And best looking battles.
To some, best sounding music too! But that really is just a thing of taste.
And is mostly identical to the PS1 version in dialogue, which was the best. Now, if its impossible for you to play Harmony from a memory stick, then I'd go with SSSC.
The only reason i dont pick TSS is because there are many dungeons in there that you can easily get lost in. And the random battles might annoy you (even though you can always escape). And that sometimes it's not too clear where you have to go next. You know, more similar to classic RPGs like Dragon Quest or FF1. These things are fixed after SSSC.
But to me, all versions are perfect.

SoupCandy
Saith Pirate

Post by SoupCandy »

Sure, Legend and Harmony are dupes of SSSC, but there were some changes in them. Legend, nothing major to the storyline, but some stuff earlier on with Nash at Saith is changed. Legend comes in third for me, a far distance from SSSC because it was too simplistic. I didn't really enjoy the graphical changes and the changes to the battle system, either.

Legend also was pretty easy to exploit: If you were low on health and items, save and reload, and you're all good. Didn't like that at all.

So what I mean is, little changes to me are like... It's the same one story being told by a different character. Like telling an event. People may tell or recall things differently, but the majority of things will be exactly the same.

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

So far it looks like it's going to be TSS which is ok as it is my most played Lunar, but that's ok cuz it's favorite(Marke, my avatar, the Vile Tribe theme music, also no plot holes).
However Legend did have its charm. I learned a pirates fav dessert :P .but...and this is my problem with harmony as well...it's to easy. What with "limit breaks" and all.
I have no problem with SSSC.(well the plot holes)
I was really hoping for more feedback as to why you guys picked the one you did. but it is not Lunar Month yet. So it could still be anyones race.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Oh wow, I just read about the SSSC plot hole(s), and I guess I kind of wondered about them in the past when I played the games, but didn't care much. They aren't much of a big deal and are almost harmless, but people do complain that Ghaleon is too evil in SSSC and after. Oh and also, I dont know if it's just me, but TSS has really loud and odd battle sounds when attacking an enemy or getting hit. And you have to listen to them all the time! That's another thing that can make me change my opinion about recommending it to a friend, even though it is not a problem for me at all. I always think people have only less patience than me :lol: But now I am really proud to see TSS winning! I hope more people give their opinions too.

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

looks like it's TSS. Thanks for your time 8-)