Lunar Genesis Strategy Guide Get!

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Genesis Strategy Guide Get!

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/479 ... UTF8&psc=1

Look what I got!!! It's the Japanese Version of Lunar Dragon Song's Strategy Guide! The buyer seems sketchy as all heck but for only $3.50..can't go wrong. I'll see it when I believe it though...should be coming by next week. I'll give it until the end of the month considering I'm within the country and if it doesn't come by then...I know I am being ripped off.

Anyone else has a copy of this?

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Lunar Genesis Strategy Guide Get!

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

It's probably 3.50 because it's "Dragon Song" XD Nothing from that game is valuable lmao
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

I'd be interested if any unique artwork or assets were used for the text. We don't seem to come across a lot of art assets of LUNAR Genesis/Dragon Song sans cover and character guides.

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

Lunar Genesis... what a terrible game, it should not be considered a LUNAR game in my honest opinion...

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Ghaleon777 wrote:Lunar Genesis... what a terrible game, it should not be considered a LUNAR game in my honest opinion...
lol! Right? What were the creators thinking? Years and years go by as fans beg and plead for a new LUNAR game and then they give us ...Dragon Song...Then to pour salt on the wound they give us Harmony a few years later...
Lotus Moon Productions

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

ShugoHanasaki wrote:
Ghaleon777 wrote:Lunar Genesis... what a terrible game, it should not be considered a LUNAR game in my honest opinion...
lol! Right? What were the creators thinking? Years and years go by as fans beg and plead for a new LUNAR game and then they give us ...Dragon Song...Then to pour salt on the wound they give us Harmony a few years later...
Indeed, the worst is when it says "From the creators of LUNAR: THE SILVER STAR"... what the hell i say, and WHY :lol:
That Harmony is horrible, even if it looks with polished graphics its just not Lunar, the gameplay just felt weak. And loading times, oh my God...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Geeze. Must you all be so negative? There is plenty to criticize in both games (though honestly I think Harmony is just fine as a game), but it is hardly necessary to sound so...fanboyish about it. Nuance is a thing.

Also...
That Harmony is horrible, even if it looks with polished graphics its just not Lunar, the gameplay just felt weak.
You're saying this while making a fangame in which you cannot possibly replicate the best-known characteristic of the series's gameplay?

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

Alunissage wrote:Geeze. Must you all be so negative? There is plenty to criticize in both games (though honestly I think Harmony is just fine as a game), but it is hardly necessary to sound so...fanboyish about it. Nuance is a thing.

Also...
That Harmony is horrible, even if it looks with polished graphics its just not Lunar, the gameplay just felt weak.
You're saying this while making a fangame in which you cannot possibly replicate the best-known characteristic of the series's gameplay?
lmao and WHAT as that to do with the fact that it just didnt feels like a Lunar game for me? you are acting dumb with a comment like that, at least i am trying, i still cant get what as this to do with my comment...

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Alunissage wrote:Geeze. Must you all be so negative? There is plenty to criticize in both games (though honestly I think Harmony is just fine as a game), but it is hardly necessary to sound so...fanboyish about it. Nuance is a thing.

Also...
I can't fight what I don't like. I'm not trying to be negative. Dragon Song was a failure across the board and Harmony did not represent LUNAR as it should've.

Another remake to the LUNAR collection when there are already plenty is an insult to the fans...TSS, SSSC, Legends, Harmony, Touch...5 games. Same story (minus or plus a few details) and all represent the same 1 game

5 GAMES! All we asked was for a sequel to EB, but instead we got a terrible prequel in Dragon Song and multiple remakes to a game that didn't need them. SSSC was enough. It was even called "Complete" Complete means COMPLETE.

Again. I'm not trying to be negative. This is from a passionate fan. There are things I liked about Harmony, but it's not even close to near my favorite games while SSSC remains in my top 3 for almost 20 years.
Lotus Moon Productions

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Also...
"You're saying this while making a fangame in which you cannot possibly replicate the best-known characteristic of the series's gameplay?"

...that is kind of rude of you. He's making a fan game and doing his best to represent the LUNAR universe by continually asking for feedback so he doesn't disappoint people...That's already way more than Harmony did for its fans and that is actually part of the franchise. I'm happy someone is taking the time out of their life to at least "try" and make something for us to enjoy.
Lotus Moon Productions

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

ShugoHanasaki wrote:

Also...
"You're saying this while making a fangame in which you cannot possibly replicate the best-known characteristic of the series's gameplay?"

...that is kind of rude of you. He's making a fan game and doing his best to represent the LUNAR universe by continually asking for feedback so he doesn't disappoint people...That's already way more than Harmony did for its fans and that is actually part of the franchise. I'm happy someone is taking the time out of their life to at least "try" and make something for us to enjoy.
Thanks mate... she just talks with absolute ignorance, she doesn`t know how difficult to recreate such a system is, and to be honest, the system that my friend created is already pretty good! it`s workable but just needs polishing. That and the fact that we are just TWO persons who are big fans and want to do this just by pure love, comparing 1 person who is doing a fan game to 100 + people who have huge knowledge in scripting, scenarios, art, etc is just as dumb as it can get. And like you said... all we needed is a sequel to EBC, not the same game recreated over and over again. But of course, this is just my opinion, i hate when those people attacks in such a way. Anyway, i will shut her mouth when the demo is done haha

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I... just really want to ask folks to try and remain civil, and find respectful ways to comment on the Lunar games, fan creations, and opinions thereof. I think the core content of the discussion in this thread is good and worthwhile, so I really want to avoid having to start moderating. Thanks. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Thanks mate... she just talks with absolute ignorance, she doesn`t know how difficult to recreate such a system is, and to be honest, the system that my friend created is already pretty good! it`s workable but just needs polishing. That and the fact that we are just TWO persons who are big fans and want to do this just by pure love, comparing 1 person who is doing a fan game to 100 + people who have huge knowledge in scripting, scenarios, art, etc is just as dumb as it can get. And like you said... all we needed is a sequel to EBC, not the same game recreated over and over again. But of course, this is just my opinion, i hate when those people attacks in such a way. Anyway, i will shut her mouth when the demo is done haha
I was not attacking the fangame attempt. I actually have no problem with Lunar Legend not having the range aspect of the battle system, and I entirely understand a fan game not doing it either. This is not an issue of ignorance, and of all the things to use as an insult that was a pretty strange one.

My point is that SSH, which is definitely a Lunar game (and this has nothing at all to do with its being a remake or not; that was another weird thing to pull in), certainly has gameplay that will feel more Lunarian than a fangame. So it's a strange way to criticize the game coming from the person making the fangame. And note that I based the comment that the fangame cannot possibly replicate the series' battles on your thread about it, not any assumption of my own.

My post was a request for less negativity and more nuance, with a specific example: Since you clearly feel that your fangame should read as Lunar-ish to its players, explain why an actual Lunar game's gameplay doesn't do so to you. Is this so difficult to do that you need to resort to insulting responses to imaginary criticism?

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

Alunissage wrote:
I was not attacking the fangame attempt. I actually have no problem with Lunar Legend not having the range aspect of the battle system, and I entirely understand a fan game not doing it either. This is not an issue of ignorance, and of all the things to use as an insult that was a pretty strange one.

My point is that SSH, which is definitely a Lunar game (and this has nothing at all to do with its being a remake or not; that was another weird thing to pull in), certainly has gameplay that will feel more Lunarian than a fangame. So it's a strange way to criticize the game coming from the person making the fangame. And note that I based the comment that the fangame cannot possibly replicate the series' battles on your thread about it, not any assumption of my own.

My post was a request for less negativity and more nuance, with a specific example: Since you clearly feel that your fangame should read as Lunar-ish to its players, explain why an actual Lunar game's gameplay doesn't do so to you. Is this so difficult to do that you need to resort to insulting responses to imaginary criticism?
I think i worded that wrong lol, i mean that the feel was not there for me, the range system and everything is perfect, but what i meant is how it felt, it was not so "solid" like the previous ones, that is what i meant.
This and the fact that why doing the same game over and over again?
Of course this is only my opinion.
Peace...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's hard to describe a feeling, certainly. I understand.

I suspect it's much easier to get permission to remake an existing game than to make a new one, though I've no idea why it's Lunar 1 that always gets remade/re-released instead of Lunar 2. Other than that both SCD and PSX games of Lunar 1 vastly outsold (I'm pretty sure) their Lunar 2 companions, and there's probably an assumption that a game with 2 in its name will not sell so well if there's no corresponding 1, and then when the yet another Lunar 1 comes out it doesn't do as well so there's "no point" in making Lunar 2.

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

Alunissage wrote:It's hard to describe a feeling, certainly. I understand.

I suspect it's much easier to get permission to remake an existing game than to make a new one, though I've no idea why it's Lunar 1 that always gets remade/re-released instead of Lunar 2. Other than that both SCD and PSX games of Lunar 1 vastly outsold (I'm pretty sure) their Lunar 2 companions, and there's probably an assumption that a game with 2 in its name will not sell so well if there's no corresponding 1, and then when the yet another Lunar 1 comes out it doesn't do as well so there's "no point" in making Lunar 2.
Very true, remaking a game is easier. Still, i would not dislike Harmony or Legend that much if there was a Lunar 2 remake too, its unfair if you think about it, why not re-making Lunar 2, in my opinion, 2 is better than 1... an hard decision but i think Lunar 2 wins by a point.
But know what i think? none of them need remakes, they are perfect as already they were on the Saturn remakes... its one of those titles that dont need any remaster or remake anymore IMO

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

It is very unfair! Also no game needs that many remakes. It just doesn't...At that point it isn't about the fans. It's about money...Which is an insult.

EB has had one remake and an amazing one at that! SSSC/EBC are perfect remakes imo and every other remake after it doesn't compare
Lotus Moon Productions

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

ShugoHanasaki wrote:It is very unfair! Also no game needs that many remakes. It just doesn't...At that point it isn't about the fans. It's about money...Which is an insult.

EB has had one remake and an amazing one at that! SSSC/EBC are perfect remakes imo and every other remake after it doesn't compare
You took what i thought, it`s just for money...
I am glad there is still people who think the same as me regarding this topic.

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

So uhh OP, did you get the guide yet?

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

I know this topic got derailed but I would like just one more Lunar 1 remake that follows TSS and not another SSS

also concerning Genesis I loved the characters and world . I also liked the idea of having a job(as side quests)
Would love a remake of this that plays like Lunar