New Working Designs website(?)

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New Working Designs website(?)

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

http://www.workingdesigns.com/

At least it looks new, plus archive.org doesn't have anything at this url from 2006 till 2019. Rerelease of Lunar-anything maybe? I guess only time will tell.

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Re: New Working Designs website(?)

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

My guess is it could be something Victor (He I believe still holds all the trademarks for Working Designs through his Gaijinworks label) has done as a handful of Working Designs titles are available online. He probably wanted to secure and hold onto workingdesigns.com in case more titles release through licencing. For sure as it mentions those six listed are available on the Playstation Store, but you have to dig (or just search) a bit as the PSN store can be a bit cumbersome to navigate to find it's older titles.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

That's interesting! I wonder where this will go?
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

BlackRazor97
Meryod Yokel

Post by BlackRazor97 »

I only got 2 working designs games so far Elemental Gearbolt and Lunar Silver Star Story. I'm very curious seeing if we may actually see an actual 3rd entry to the series.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

BlackRazor97 wrote:I only got 2 working designs games so far Elemental Gearbolt and Lunar Silver Star Story. I'm very curious seeing if we may actually see an actual 3rd entry to the series.
Working Designs didn't make games, they localized them. Lunar was originally made by Studio Alex and GameArts, Studio Alex was destroyed by an internal lawsuit, and GungHo bought GameArts. So if any Lunar 3 would ever come out, any company owned by Victor Ireland would not be involved in production (though hopefully they would localize it.) Honestly I'm fine without Lunar 3, I just want the classics re-released (SCD, PS1/Saturn and PSP. Especially SCD.) Actually, I think it would be cool to mix and match the assets. I'm playing Langrisser on Steam and it lets you mix and match soundtracks and visual styles. But one thing to consider: From Lunar 1, 3 characters make direct appearances in Lunar 2:  Althena, Ghaleon, and Nall. Of those only 1 remains. If Lunar 3 ever happens, it would be so far removed from the original cast, that I really wonder if it would be connected enough. I don't want Lunar becoming another Final Fantasy or Grandia where each entry has nothing to do with previous ones. Honestly I think a Four Heroes prequel would be better. Anyway, I hope we get some rereleases on Steam/Switch/PS4.

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

Shinto-Cetra wrote:IBut one thing to consider: From Lunar 1, 3 characters make direct appearances in Lunar 2:  Althena, Ghaleon, and Nall. Of those only 1 remains. If Lunar 3 ever happens, it would be so far removed from the original cast, that I really wonder if it would be connected enough. I don't want Lunar becoming another Final Fantasy or Grandia where each entry has nothing to do with previous ones. Honestly I think a Four Heroes prequel would be better. Anyway, I hope we get some rereleases on Steam/Switch/PS4.
That's a beautiful point that I never considered before. Thanks.