Selling Remnants Of Collection - Magic School TTRPG, Keychains, Tankoubon...

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
viletribe
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Selling Remnants Of Collection - Magic School TTRPG, Keychains, Tankoubon...

Post by viletribe »

It's been a long time since I was deep into Lunar. I love the games, still do, but I just can't afford to hold on to these merch items anymore. I'm amassing a massive debt and low on storage and need to let go of some things.

Photos are in the link below- I can't grab individual image URLs on mobile. I'm willing to split things up, but I'm looking mostly to sell the lot for 250-300 USD. I know it's not a complete collection, I wanted more but alas, life got in the way.

The Alex and Lucia keychains do have their stands, I just need to find them. A few pages of the 1+2 artbook are loose, but tucked inside.

Here's a link to the tweet for the photos. (Mods, feel free to move or remove this post at your discretion!) If I don't get much interest here, I'll post it to Ebay.

https://twitter.com/wrongwarps/status/1 ... f5kr7Qm85Q
-Jericho-
Local Lunar fan, artist, author, gamedev and Vile Tribe Apologist.
Art in my icon is always my own.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Selling Remnants Of Collection - Magic School TTRPG, Keychains, Tankoubon...

Post by MaroonChan »

Oh cool. How much were you looking for for the Lucia keychain?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Selling Remnants Of Collection - Magic School TTRPG, Keychains, Tankoubon...

Post by Kizyr »

Sorry to hear you have to let this go, but definitely understood and I hope you can find a good buyer for all of these!

I'll also say just looking at this, this is a ton of very difficult to find merchandise. If anyone is considering getting anything or everything here, $300 is a major bargain (All The Lunar and the soundtracks alone I think ran me that much when I got them back in the early '00s, and some of that was when I was physically in Japan and could buy them directly).

I know you said you were averse to splitting this up, but if you're considering doing so, can I ask about these five items here? What are the two things in/on transparencies (the Magical School Lunar and Lunar SSS artwork)? And, what are you asking for the three other books (Paper Moon and the two rough sketchbooks by Funato)?
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (93.21 KiB) Viewed 14066 times
~Kizyr (they|them)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I sent you a PM.

viletribe
Burg Farmer

Post by viletribe »

1. Lucia Keychain was obtained for about 30 through a proxy, I'd be looking at that for her individually- I can try to find her base, I also kept the tag that came with her. I can take lower offers too.

2. The transparent files have Magic School on one side and Evangelion on the other, and then Lunar SSSC and Slayers on the second one!
The Funato tankoubon are more precious to me so I'd be looking at 50-100 if piecing them out altogether, I'm open to any offers though!

EDIT: As well, I've received an offer to buy the lot, but as I did lowball myself, I'm continuing to look at other offers either for individual items or the lot for a few days- my debt is MASSIVE and if I can get more without overpricing, I'd love that- I didn't actually know how much this is all worth in USD!

EDIT EDIT: I've decided the buyout I'll take for the lot is anywhere between 500-900, as I don't know exactly how much this is worth still but am aware 300 is quite a lowball. I'll also entertain any offers on individual pieces or smaller lots; with buyouts for those being 100-some depending on the lot contents and size. Any high amounts deal a massive dent to my debt, but I don't want to overcharge, so whatever you find fair can be discussed. Feel free to reach me through my twitter DMs at @wrongwarps as well, though forgive me if replies are slow there- it fails to let me know when I have message requests.
-Jericho-
Local Lunar fan, artist, author, gamedev and Vile Tribe Apologist.
Art in my icon is always my own.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

viletribe wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:11 pm 1. Lucia Keychain was obtained for about 30 through a proxy, I'd be looking at that for her individually- I can try to find her base, I also kept the tag that came with her. I can take lower offers too.

2. The transparent files have Magic School on one side and Evangelion on the other, and then Lunar SSSC and Slayers on the second one!
The Funato tankoubon are more precious to me so I'd be looking at 50-100 if piecing them out altogether, I'm open to any offers though!

EDIT: As well, I've received an offer to buy the lot, but as I did lowball myself, I'm continuing to look at other offers either for individual items or the lot for a few days- my debt is MASSIVE and if I can get more without overpricing, I'd love that- I didn't actually know how much this is all worth in USD!

EDIT EDIT: I've decided the buyout I'll take for the lot is anywhere between 500-900, as I don't know exactly how much this is worth still but am aware 300 is quite a lowball. I'll also entertain any offers on individual pieces or smaller lots; with buyouts for those being 100-some depending on the lot contents and size. Any high amounts deal a massive dent to my debt, but I don't want to overcharge, so whatever you find fair can be discussed. Feel free to reach me through my twitter DMs at @wrongwarps as well, though forgive me if replies are slow there- it fails to let me know when I have message requests.
I’d be fine with it for $30 if it’s still available.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

viletribe wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:11 pm 2. The transparent files have Magic School on one side and Evangelion on the other, and then Lunar SSSC and Slayers on the second one!
Thanks! Let me send you a DM over Twitter instead (I'll get notifications there quicker than via this message board).
EDIT: As well, I've received an offer to buy the lot, but as I did lowball myself, I'm continuing to look at other offers either for individual items or the lot for a few days- my debt is MASSIVE and if I can get more without overpricing, I'd love that- I didn't actually know how much this is all worth in USD! ... EDIT EDIT: I've decided the buyout I'll take for the lot is anywhere between 500-900, as I don't know exactly how much this is worth still but am aware 300 is quite a lowball
Ok I'm actually glad you're raising the price, I really do think that this is worth much more (and not just saying that as a collector myself, I think just in general it's worth that given how difficult it is to procure much of this)! Though Lunar so far has been spared from the rampant speculative price-gouging that's happened elsewhere in the retro video game market (there's a lengthy video here that I linked in another thread that goes into this if you're curious).

I'm not sure what a good buyout for the lot price would be either, honestly. Hopefully the items that I'm asking about won't affect that since they're not breaking up another set (e.g., like the Lunatic Festa CDs or the novels).

Best of luck with this!
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

$900 USD is way to much for all of this to be honest. I recommend looking over https://zenmarket.jp/ , https://buyee.jp/ , and https://www.mandarake.co.jp and search for the individual game names (in both English and Japanese) to get a more realistic idea of the worth of these items. I could understand charging more for All the Lunar: Hyper Applications, but not the CDs, manga, and most everything else. I just bought Paper Moon and Vane Airship Stories on Mandrake, and it cost me $31.33 USD with shipping.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I would really like the Funato sketchbook with Alice on the cover, next to the Lunatic Parade CDs. I think that's the only thing pictured that I don't already have. If Kizyr hasn't bought it I want it. I'll send you a DM on Twitter also (edit: if I can; I think your DMs are closed?).

Edit: Never mind, they were able to sell the whole lot. Oh well. I think that art may be included in one of Funato's PDFs, since it does look familiar.

ssdninja
Reza Thief

Post by ssdninja »

Almost had my heart break, but I see the Eternal Blue poster wasn't included in the lot, whew. Grats on the sale! Gotta check this place more often :)