Lunar Footage

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Footage

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Does anyone know where/how I can get good SSSC and EBC cinematic footage? I want to make a couple of music videos, but I don't know how to get footage of decent quality. (Heck, I don't know how to get any kind of footage at all! XD) Can anyone help me out? :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

PM me the scenes you need and I can help you out.
-G1

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Lunar Footage

Post by DevNall »

There's some reasonable quality footage at lunareb.com

It's unfortunately not good enough for what I need it for (which is to use as a basis to generate NEW lunar-style animation); the only thing I know that's probably high enough is Lunar PC, which I don't have. But if I can get them and you need them, I will try and get them to you.

(If anyone here does have it and would be willing to provide the video, I'd probably be willing to encode and maybe also host high-quality copies.)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

BTW, a few of the PC SSSC video's are already on the site. I'll likely put up a few more eventually, but I was hoping to wait until Lunar DS died down a little before doing so.
-G1

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

I'm planning on making a music video of SSSC, myself. I even have most of it planned out...I just need the good-quality videos and the program to make the AMV with. XD

Lunareb's videos aren't as high-quality as I would like...and the PC ones on this site aren't gonna be in the video, sadly..

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Yes, I already downloaded the clip where Luna meets Ghaleon from this site. I loved the quality!!! :D I can make do with the footage on LunarEB, it's better than nothing, and I don't want to put G1 through the trouble of getting me clips when I can easily get them off that site. Thanks for the help guys! As for a program Katze, I use windows movie maker to make my AMVs, it's not as good as some other movie maker programs, but it works quite well. :wink:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Ah, Windows Movie Maker, I believe I have that. Thanks for the heads up.

Or at least, I hope I have it.

Yeah, most of the clips from Lunareb is good enough. The only ones that I really want to replace with higher-quality clips are the opening and Luna's boat song.

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

I just used PSXMC and ripped the footage straigt from my Lunar CD's :oops: cause i dont have dsl or cable or anything faster than 56k
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

Kale thats what I did when i made mine as well, and if you own the game thats what I would suggest as well

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Oh? Where can I view yours?

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Kale wrote:I just used PSXMC and ripped the footage straigt from my Lunar CD's

How could I do that? I found the utility, but what do I do after I install it? Do I put my Lunar discs in the computer and will it rip the movie sequences for me? :?
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

LuNaRtIc wrote:
Kale wrote:I just used PSXMC and ripped the footage straigt from my Lunar CD's

How could I do that? I found the utility, but what do I do after I install it? Do I put my Lunar discs in the computer and will it rip the movie sequences for me? :?

Essentially, although I've noticed sometimes it has issues when being used with Windows 2000 or XP (and let's not begin to discuss the crazy junk I had to do to use it, seeing as how I edit my videos on a Mac :P ).

Sometimes your computer can't read the CDs directly with PSXMC, and there is a DOS prompt command that's used to copy the .STR files (which contain the videos) to your hard drive. Once they're on your hard drive, you can use PSXMC normally.

Anyway, these were the techniques I used when I made my Lunar AMVs (not including the Mac hackery I needed for my EB AMV...).
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

dont forget you can also rip other things from the disc's too, i've seen audio files and the bromides in there too.
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere